Laurel High School

How does Laurel look for this season?
No clue.

A Terrina Robinson is now listed as coach and I have never heard of this person, any of the hoop heads out there have any idea? To go from a known entity in the sport like Braaten to this person is just so.. Laurel. Like I said in my original post the school could care less about sports and if they do well ok, if they don't do well that is ok too. Maybe the fern will make a reappearance in the gym.

Pretty easy google, I've never seen her as a player or coach. Played at Beechwood, then Notre Dame College 2016. Was assistant coach at Bryant & Stratton, then Laural last year.

Pretty easy google, I've never seen her as a player or coach. Played at Beechwood, then Notre Dame College 2016. Was assistant coach at Bryant & Stratton, then Laural last year.
I got that but is there something more to her? I mean this is a team with final four aspirations and high level recruits, to have a first time coach learning the ropes is a little bit of a head scratcher to me.

Yeah, not really a lot of experience there. If she connects and has a good understanding of the game (which her background says she does) it comes down to game management. That might be where experience hits her. Their chance to take. One good think about being young, she might be more open to effective methods and even game management that doesn't occur to someone tied to the past?

I guess we'll see. Since she had been an assistant under the previous coach, I see no reason this isnt a purely qualification hire.

Auggie, have you considered that you really don't know the girls hoops scene that well? She's got the cred to do well with the team but to call the group that was/is returning 'final four caliber' is a stretch after graduating key pieces and total numbers being a glaring issue.

Anyone seen Laurel this season? I heard a report that it looks like a disjointed AAU team and the coach may be way in over her head. Not a good look for a school that never bought into this type athletic program.

They're short on numbers and the coach is new, cut her some slack.... they've canceled the last few games I'm assuming for COVID reasons.

But what about the FERN? Is it back or what? That is the key question that needs to be answered. Then we know everything is back to normal at Laurel.

Are you thinking prep school like IMG?
I am not going to speculate on where I think she will end up, but if you follow the trends of the top players from OH in recent years - they either end up at prep school, are coached by the AAU people who they trust or load up a team somewhere with some of those other top kids, usually through AAU relationships.

I don’t think that Laurel being upset last year in the tournament by Chippewa helps matters for Hall’s future at Laurel.

I am not going to speculate on where I think she will end up, but if you follow the trends of the top players from OH in recent years - they either end up at prep school, are coached by the AAU people who they trust or load up a team somewhere with some of those other top kids, usually through AAU relationships.

I don’t think that Laurel being upset last year in the tournament by Chippewa helps matters for Hall’s future at Laurel.
I agree with the upset being a factor. Did you know that Hall already plays for her AAU coach? That's how she went from Amherst to Laurel in the 1st place.