Lasalle

Wow - this is crazy. From a seeding perspective, will this hurt them, or will voters take into consideration their performance?

Last edited:
Human error? maybe a little bit on administrator at Lasalle for not verifying information.....but this person whatever his real name is deceived and committed falsification all to be able to hang out in high school with younger kids, cause he evidently is not a very good basketball player. I'm sure someone recognized him and called Lasalle, starting an investigation. But clearly disturbing and criminal.
That's him all right #3, that's Anthony Holmes
1641877154176.png

I'm assuming this all came to light after Lasalle played Colerain? Anthony's coach from when he went to Purcell recognized him? So Kerr tells Lasalle, they start looking into it, and the rest is history? Again, I feel bad for the players. Let's hope Mr. Holmes dreams of playing real GCL basketball were fulfilled. I mean he could of stayed at purcell and played in the Miami Valley Conference.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this all came to light after Lasalle played Colerain? Anthony's coach from when he went to Purcell recognized him? So Kerr tells Lasalle, they start looking into it, and the rest is history? Again, I feel bad for the players. Let's hope Mr. Holmes dreams of playing real GCL basketball were fulfilled. I mean he could of stayed at purcell and played in the Miami Valley Conference.
So Kerr or Neal Coaching LaSalle next year?

Looks like the player was listed as a sophomore on Purcells roster in 18/19. So that would make this year his 5th correct? Did he go somewhere prior to Purcell and repeat a grade or something? 5th year is bad enough just curious where the 6th year would have came from.

Looks like the player was listed as a sophomore on Purcells roster in 18/19. So that would make this year his 5th correct? Did he go somewhere prior to Purcell and repeat a grade or something? 5th year is bad enough just curious where the 6th year would have came from.
I've heard that when he came to Purcell as a freshman he may have already done a freshman year somewhere else. Could be part of the reason he was asked to leave or kicked out his junior year. So with covid last year he probably just took a "GAP" year and thought he would come back this year to finish school and try to play big boy basketball.

What is the maximum age or is there a maximum age to be eligible to play high school basketball in Ohio?

I've heard that when he came to Purcell as a freshman he may have already done a freshman year somewhere else. Could be part of the reason he was asked to leave or kicked out his junior year. So with covid last year he probably just took a "GAP" year and thought he would come back this year to finish school and try to play big boy basketball.
How the heck did he get accepted into the school? That's my biggest question. There probably isn't anything nefarious by Lasalle administration here except just out and out negligence. And people should still be fired for this level of negligence.

can't turn 19 before first day of school your senior year
this is wrong. was changed due to international students and illegals being older and not to discriminate from them. Now you can play sports all your time as a 19 year old, but the day you turn 20 you are no longer eligible. In Ohio you still have just the 4 year years of high school eligibility and they are consecutive four years

this is wrong. was changed due to international students and illegals being older and not to discriminate from them. Now you can play sports all your time as a 19 year old, but the day you turn 20 you are no longer eligible. In Ohio you still have just the 4 year years of high school eligibility and they are consecutive four years
Correct bylaw 4-2-1. And…There is an exception to this bylaw. Has to do with Children and Disabilities.

This guy still a student at LaSalle? Any comments from the LaSalle AD or Head Coach about the Games Won that are now Forfeits?

Lancers are still shown with two wins: Roger Bacon and East Central. We know from the box score that he got in the Bacon game, so that should be a forfeit too. I can't find nothing out about the East Central game. Anyone know if he got in that game?

Last edited:
The plot thickens. Brian Meyer was the AD at Purcell during the 2018-2019 school year, so he should have known about the name change from Purcell to La Salle. There is no Anthony Holmes listed on the Purcell roster for that year.
if you go to the Purcell Athletics Site, he is listed as a sophomore on the 2018/19 JV roster. Its kind of cumbersome to get to the page on their site but its there. I'm not going to direct link it because there are pictures and names of the other kids listed on there as well.

With both the AD and the player having a past history at Purcell, it seems there may be more to the story here?

Hoping it's just an oversight/mistake, but I find it hard to believe this wasn't caught upfront if the two were at the same school previously. It's also odd there has been no reporting about it from the local high school beat guys (at least none that I have seen), or any statements/communication from LaSalle athletics.

A 5th or 6th year senior in HS is not a kid. This guy and whoever “helped” him accomplish this are definitely first on the “blame” list.
I’d love to know how the guy received Admission into LaSalle and on the Basketball Team without anyone catching on or committing a Crime. Basketball this guys only sport while at LaSalle?
I mean, this is technically an adult who knowingly cheated. I don’t think there’s any problem putting his name out there.

Not sure about this. Didn’t LaSalle run his Dad off from his “real” job at the School?
I’d heard things didn’t end in great terms. However, I can’t imagine he would stand in his son’s way to advance his career.

Think about this, this person obviously is not a good enough player to have an impact. So, there is no upside for the basketball program. The majority of HS coaches will give players an opportunity to be part of it and have a positive experience for the player. I'm guessing they believed it all, we know they are frauds and lie. Now the basketball program and dedicated players are punished. Shame on this family.
He scored like 4 points all season. I don’t think LS is trying to outright cheat but this is about as negligent as you can get as an AD.

Human error? maybe a little bit on administrator at Lasalle for not verifying information.....but this person whatever his real name is deceived and committed falsification all to be able to hang out in high school with younger kids, cause he evidently is not a very good basketball player. I'm sure someone recognized him and called Lasalle, starting an investigation. But clearly disturbing and criminal.
View attachment 25174
I’m not sure it’s disturbing, just incredibly stupid.

If this person was on the P-M roster under the same name this is stupidity at LaSalle. Also, have tried to give Athletic staff the benefit of the doubt but did the basketball staff/coach have zero communication with this player? New player, maybe a little get to know him? "Well coach, 3 years ago I was a sophomore at P-M." :unsure:

Lasalle admissions would have his school transcripts. Either someone did not review it carefully, or somehow the school transcripts are incomplete? This is very odd.

The player in question maybe took a year off school, and thought that gave him eligibility still? I hope we get a final answer on what happened.