Lasalle Lancers 2021

What will the Lancers record be this year during the regular season?

• 10-0

• 9-1

• 8-2

• 7-3

• 6-4

• 5-5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rankings for Lasalle before week 1.

Attachments

• 8276AC12-3206-4450-9487-7910B464C6BD.jpeg
    8276AC12-3206-4450-9487-7910B464C6BD.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 13
After watching tonights scrimmage, I think Lasalle is in trouble. Secondary will struggle in the GCL. Over the past years they had speed either on offense or defense. They only have one speedster and he might be 5'6 130 pounds.

After watching tonights scrimmage, I think Lasalle is in trouble. Secondary will struggle in the GCL. Over the past years they had speed either on offense or defense. They only have one speedster and he might be 5'6 130 pounds.
They did win state in the 4 X 100 relay in 41.60 with all football players, two sophomores and one junior, an average of 10.4 in the 100 meters. That's fast. Three are listed as defensive backs, one is a wide receiver I believe. None of these guys are listed at the height and weight you quote.

Last edited:
This statement is laughable at best. Of the four fastest guys on the team none is less than 5'10" nor weighs less than 180.

This statement is laughable at best. Of the four fastest guys on the team none is less than 5'10" nor weighs less than 180.
Oh no. !!! Has Brian disguised himself as John Doe ????? Maybe he got lost and was watching the St. James peewee team ?

Lasalle is going to be lucky to get 5 wins. No disrespect to them but that schedule is unreal. They also need a QB and I’m not sure they have one.

The kid from Mason is a big dude with a big arm. Could use a little better touch IMO, seems to throw fastballs every time he spins it. There is a freshman QB I’ve noticed at both scrimmages, O’Conner (sp) I believe? He is going to be a good one. His arm looks varsity ready now and he runs really well. Looks like he’s about 6’2” 190, that’s comparing him to other players. Might be bigger but definitely not smaller. Cope has a little Z. Branham in his game, very nice athlete.

Ok random question for the obvious fans. What are your thoughts on La Salle's live stats website? (lasallestats.com)

The kid from Mason is a big dude with a big arm. Could use a little better touch IMO, seems to throw fastballs every time he spins it. There is a freshman QB I’ve noticed at both scrimmages, O’Conner (sp) I believe? He is going to be a good one. His arm looks varsity ready now and he runs really well. Looks like he’s about 6’2” 190, that’s comparing him to other players. Might be bigger but definitely not smaller. Cope has a little Z. Branham in his game, very nice athlete.
Yes, O'Connor is his name. His father Pat played both football and baseball at La Salle. He is the third possibility for QB probably behind both Mason and Cope. I believe Mason will start but if the game is a blowout, O'Connor might see some action and I'm sure Cope will.

Key players for the Lancers.
Our best offensive lineman-Paul Haywood is a third year starter as offensive lineman, was First Team All-Ohio last year after being Honorable Mention All-Ohio as a sophomore.

Attachments

• 1629200152153.png
    1629200152153.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Gi’Bran Payne, is one of the top running backs in Ohio who was hampered by a foot injury last season.. For his career, Payne has run for 1,025 yards, caught 17 balls for 322 yards, amassed 1,910 all-purpose yards, scored 21 touchdowns (14 rush, six rec, one IR), recorded 43 total tackles, four sacks, three forced fumbles and two interceptions. He has a boatload of offers from Alabama, Akron, Boston College, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pitt, Purdue and Wisconsin.

Mason Luensman is a kicker who made 45/46 extra points and all seven of his field goal attempts to finish with 66 points as a sophomore. Luensman was a Second Team All-Southwest District selection.

Logan Forcum is a punter who averaged 36.4 yard per punt on his way to a Second Team All-Southwest District in 2020.

JJ Ruffin, A line backer who had 56 total tackles and five-and-a-half sacks earning First Team All-GCL South honors.

Austin Rack, is in his third year as a starter on offensive line who was named First Team All-GCL South as a junior.

Ryan Reynolds, offensive lineman who helped pave the way for a Lancers offense that averaged 233.0 yards and scored 33 touchdowns rushing in 11 games last fall. and also made First Team All-GCL South honors.

Last edited:
Gi’Bran Payne, is one of the top running backs in Ohio who was hampered by a foot injury last season.. For his career, Payne has run for 1,025 yards, caught 17 balls for 322 yards, amassed 1,910 all-purpose yards, scored 21 touchdowns (14 rush, six rec, one IR), recorded 43 total tackles, four sacks, three forced fumbles and two interceptions. He has a boatload of offers from Alabama, Akron, Boston College, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pitt, Purdue and Wisconsin.

Mason Luensman is a kicker who made 45/46 extra points and all seven of his field goal attempts to finish with 66 points as a sophomore. Luensman was a Second Team All-Southwest District selection.

Logan Forcum is a punter who averaged 36.4 yard per punt on his way to a Second Team All-Southwest District in 2020.

JJ Ruffin, A line backer who had 56 total tackles and five-and-a-half sacks earning First Team All-GCL South honors.

Austin Rack, is in his third year as a starter on offensive line who was named First Team All-GCL South as a junior.

Ryan Reynolds, offensive lineman who helped pave the way for a Lancers offense that averaged 233.0 yards and scored 33 touchdowns rushing in 11 games last fall. and also made First Team All-GCL South honors.

To credit the writer: https://tristatefootball.com/2021/05/2021-snapshot-la-salle/

A question for the former writer. If you paraphrase the writer and not simply cut and paste, do you still have to credit the writer who posted it on a public domain

Doers anyone have anything specific about Colerain, other than " this will be a down year"

From Cincinnati.com

Though the Cardinals didn't win the GMC for the first time in 21 seasons, it would be unfair to say it was a poor campaign.

Coach Shawn Cutright's men finished 6-3 with playoff wins against Milford and Mason before being eliminated 23-7 by Lakota West. Unfortunately for Colerain fans, former coach Tom Bolden's Lakota West squad began and ended Colerain's season with defeats.

"(Lakota) West had a really good team and I felt we had a really good team too," Cutright said. "They just got us in close games."

That didn't and, still hasn't, sat well with Colerain's players who are anxious to regain their status at the top of the GMC heap.

"I know people think we're underdogs," MJ Flowers said. "We really didn't forget about that. Of course, we want a GMC championship, but this year the goal is state."

Players to watch: The aforementioned Flowers was the GMC's fourth-leading rusher in 2020 with 865 yards and 14 touchdowns. Flowers will be running the ball for Eastern Illinois next season. Linebacker Lavert Jarmon was fourth in the GMC in sacks with six and is your prototypical run-to-the-ball Cardinal defender. Cornerback Kenny Willis is the latest Cardinal to join the Cincinnati Bearcat ranks. He had 31 tackles a year ago and will be a three-year starter. Bryce Drake and Zae Jennings are battling for the quarterback spot vacated by the graduation of Freddie Johnson and Tyler Prather.

Opener: Colerain visits La Salle Friday night. The Lancers were Division II state semifinalists a year ago and Division II champions in 2019.

Happy the Lancers won. 2-0 feels great against 2 very good programs. Now we play the best team in the country. It may not be close but I hope our guys fight like hell.

Mason looks a little skittish back there at quarterback with his throws he’s a big strong kid but he needs to get a little bit more precise and confidence. Cole on the other hand showed speed

next week gohalf-and-half with each quarterback. Certainly nothing to lose.

What about putting Payne and that sophomore behind whatever quarterback you want and run that offence a lot of options for offense .....but is it the o line that is not doing their job? Looking like the Bengals In the red zone. field goals don’t win games consistently against really good teams. Just thoughts

Hoban lost 42-7 yesterday. Wow, I know it's against a very good team but I haven't seen a score against Hoban like that in forever.

Mason looks a little skittish back there at quarterback with his throws he’s a big strong kid but he needs to get a little bit more precise and confidence. Cole on the other hand showed speed

next week gohalf-and-half with each quarterback. Certainly nothing to lose.

What about putting Payne and that sophomore behind whatever quarterback you want and run that offence a lot of options for offense .....but is it the o line that is not doing their job? Looking like the Bengals In the red zone. field goals don’t win games consistently against really good teams. Just thoughts

I think the line is doing fine. Lots of yards to be had on the ground. But I think you're right, Mason looks like he could be good, but looks very skittish. La Salle hasn't scored an offensive TD that counts since the first half against Colerain. Need the QB to play much better.