Lasalle Lancers 2021

What will the Lancers record be this year during the regular season?

• 10-0

• 9-1

• 8-2

• 7-3

• 6-4

• 5-5

Results are only viewable after voting.

lancernation_

Schedule:
8/20 Week 1 vs Colerain
8/27 Week 2 vs Winton Woods
9/3 Week 3 vs IMG Academy
9/10 Week 4
@ Louisville Trinity
9/17 Week 5 vs DuPont Manual
9/24 Week 6
@ Archbishop Moeller
10/1 Week 7 vs Indy Cathedral
10/8 Week 8
@ St. Xavier
10/15 Week 9 @ Trotwood-Madison
10/22 Week 10 vs Elder

My prediction: 8-2

Let me know what your record predictions and/or analysis on the Lancers are down below.

We will see about that Week 1. How did La Salle’s scrimmages go?
They scrimmaged Lakota East on the 7th and completely dominated them on both sides, wasn't a full scrimmage though (3 or 4 series for each team). They handled the triple-option exceptionally well, which is nice to see. I think they have a scrimmage vs Fairfield on Friday.

Last edited:
They scrimmaged Lakota East on the 7th and completely dominated them on both sides, wasn't a full scrimmage though (3 or 4 series for each team). They handled the triple-option exceptionally well, which is nice to see. I think they have a scrimmage vs Fairfield on Friday.
Fairfield is the team that beat Colerain 34-0 in a scrimmage.

Schedule:
8/20 Week 1 vs Colerain
8/27 Week 2 vs Winton Woods
9/3 Week 3 vs IMG Academy
9/10 Week 4
@ Louisville Trinity
9/17 Week 5 vs DuPont Manual
9/24 Week 6
@ Archbishop Moeller
10/1 Week 7 vs Indy Cathedral
10/8 Week 8
@ St. Xavier
10/15 Week 9 @ Trotwood-Madison
10/22 Week 10 vs Elder

My prediction: 8-2

Let me know what your record predictions and/or analysis on the Lancers are down below.
Wow, the more that you stare at this schedule, the more respect you have for this program. I'm a big fan of Lancer Nation, however, from an outsiders perspective, I just don't see them getting more than 5 wins this year. There's some big shoes to fill from last year, and this is just an absolute gauntlet. I'll list the 5 games I feel as though will be L's, and 3 more that I think could go either way.

L's: IMG, Trinity, Moeller, Cathedral, St. X
50/50: WW, Trotwood, Elder

Explanations:
IMG~ Obvious reasons; they're just an absolute & unfair juggernaut.
Trinity~ Finished as a top 15 team in the country, and bring a lot of firepower back.
Moeller~ Going into this game after 3 straight brutally, physical games. Moeller's speed & athleticism is just too much.
Cathedral~ State Champs in '20, and preseason #1. They're absolutely loaded again this year.
St. X~ Absolutely loaded, and they're the best coached program in the State.

Wow, the more that you stare at this schedule, the more respect you have for this program. I'm a big fan of Lancer Nation, however, from an outsiders perspective, I just don't see them getting more than 5 wins this year. There's some big shoes to fill from last year, and this is just an absolute gauntlet. I'll list the 5 games I feel as though will be L's, and 3 more that I think could go either way.

L's: IMG, Trinity, Moeller, Cathedral, St. X
50/50: WW, Trotwood, Elder

Explanations:
IMG~ Obvious reasons; they're just an absolute & unfair juggernaut.
Trinity~ Finished as a top 15 team in the country, and bring a lot of firepower back.
Moeller~ Going into this game after 3 straight brutally, physical games. Moeller's speed & athleticism is just too much.
Cathedral~ State Champs in '20, and preseason #1. They're absolutely loaded again this year.
St. X~ Absolutely loaded, and they're the best coached program in the State.

I think that’s a fair assessment. I wonder if 5 wins is enough. It would be a shame for a La Salle team to not make the DII playoffs.

I think that’s a fair assessment. I wonder if 5 wins is enough. It would be a shame for a La Salle team to not make the DII playoffs.
There are those who say with our schedule three wins gets us in, maybe. I checked the 2016 Harbin ratings and 16th place Withrow was 16th with a 3-7 record. Remember the two years Grippa's team got in (DI R4 with a 6-4 records when only eighth made it.
While Mickey wonders if 5 wins is enough to make a 16 per region playoff formula, I submit facts that it has been enough when we consider R8 after we went to 7 divisions.
1.. In 2019, 4-6 would have been good enough for two teams to get in at 15th and 16th.
2. In 2018, La Salle finished 10th with a 4-5 record.
3. In 2017, both 15th and 16th places had 4-6 records.
3. In 2016, Withrow finished 16th with a 3-7 record.

Last edited:
What record is a disappointment for you and what record would you be satisfied from the Lancers?
I believe our Lancers can go 6-4. I see losses to St. Xavier, Trinity, IMG and Cathedral. First two games can get us a boatload of L2 points.
Winton Woods now in the ECC should go 9-1 and Colerain should win most games in the GMC

I believe our Lancers can go 6-4. I see losses to St. Xavier, Trinity, IMG and Cathedral. First two games can get us a boatload of L2 points.
Winton Woods now in the ECC should go 9-1 and Colerain should win most games in the GMC
I see West running the GMC this year and beating X first game.

Seems La Salle and Fairfield varsity teams tied 14-14 through one series into the third quarter. I’m not sure who actually played though. I thought La Salle looked good in going up 14-0 in it’s first couple drives, but then pretty mediocre the rest of the way. Hope the secondary gets better.

Let’s hope he works out better than Horton did!
Is Horton the kid who went to four different high schools in four years? Didn't he come to us from Lakota West for his junior year? Isn't he the one who threw the interception in overtime against Moeller when we were close to scoring?

Seems La Salle and Fairfield varsity teams tied 14-14 through one series into the third quarter. I’m not sure who actually played though. I thought La Salle looked good in going up 14-0 in it’s first couple drives, but then pretty mediocre the rest of the way. Hope the secondary gets better.
So did the kid we talked about (#16) quarterback the team on the first two scoring drives?