Lakota West 5 Kings 2

Cocky1

Firebird For Ever
It wasn't pretty but the varsity prevailed. Still need a lot of work with the sticks and more efficient offensive plays. A lot of one on one and very little passing on O. D looked strong as usual.

JV game was very exciting. LW had a 7-2 lead midway through the 3rd. Kings tied, LW went ahead by one 8 -7 with less than a minute and Kings tied again. Two over times later and Kings wins 9 - 8!!!!! Very entertaining!!!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Oh jeez...this game was really ugly. Offense was just...not there. West controlled the ball the majority of the game, but failed to do anything with it. They took so many shots, but only about 8 of them actually came close, with 5 of them going in.

One of the goals by Kings was just a simple Defensive misunderstanding in slides during man-down, and the other one was just weird, as it bounced off a helmet and into the goal.

West is in for a rough season if they don't up their offense soon...

Either Kings played the game of their life, or West just isn't good at all...Hopefully West will step it up and start playing better or they might not beat anyone in R4, besides Mason of course.

I dont know... if they can only put 5 goals up against kings it looks like it will be a long season
I don't know about that. Some times it takes a team a few games to really "click." It is very hard to judge a teams talent at the beginning of the season.

mnd's lax team could score 5 goals on kings

:laugh:

But seriously, West had the ball in their posession (on offense) for at least 90% of the game...they worked the ball around fine, but when it came time to shoot, it was just ugly. Really, really ugly...

To the novice that I am, it appears two things have to happen on O for West. The middies need to step it up and they need to be included in the attack. Now the question is, which comes first????? Will the attack trust the middies to take a few shots and will the middies get their stuff together enough to make an impact?? Quite a conundrum, eh??????:cool: :cool:

To the novice that I am, it appears two things have to happen on O for West. The middies need to step it up and they need to be included in the attack. Now the question is, which comes first????? Will the attack trust the middies to take a few shots and will the middies get their stuff together enough to make an impact?? Quite a conundrum, eh??????:cool: :cool:

The middies from West do take shots. I watched one of their games and O'Connell and Williamson were ripping them from everywhere, but Noonan and Sweeny at attack are really good. Sweeny was sick with bronchitus during the Kings game, I heard from my brother who plays JV for West.

The middies from West do take shots. I watched one of their games and O'Connell and Williamson were ripping them from everywhere, but Noonan and Sweeny at attack are really good. Sweeny was sick with bronchitus during the Kings game, I heard from my brother who plays JV for West.

When James and Cameron (the two middies you mentioned) shoot the ball, they try and rocket it, and miss badly. But the moment they put it on the ground, it goes in.

Little Noonan is just a shifty little punk who has made some of the coolest shots I've ever seen, and same goes for Logan.