La Salle vs IMG

According to joeeitel.com, IMG is "NON-RATED". I don't know what that means. Can anyone explain why this game wouldn't count?
Possibly because it’s the “National Team” at a School with a few Teams all at different “levels” for lack of a better word?

It's against OHSAA rules to have football players on your team whose families reside in multiple states. No player from Kentucky would be eligible to play for an Ohio high school team such as Elder. Why can't you guys understand that IMG's national team is an illegal team according to OHSAA bylaws which is why they don't count as a game being played. That game was simply an exhibition game, a game that couldn't count as a win or a loss.

Last edited:
It's against OHSAA rules to have football players on your team whose families reside in multiple states. No player from Kentucky would be eligible to play for an Ohio high school team such as Elder. Why can't you guys understand that IMG's national team is an illegal team according to OHSAA bylaws which is why they don't count in the Harbins.
So it’s basically like a friendly match in fútbol? Fair enough. Both teams get the reps and work, but not going to affect their record. Better than a bye I suppose.

It's against OHSAA rules to have football players on your team whose families reside in multiple states. No player from Kentucky would be eligible to play for an Ohio high school team such as Elder. Why can't you guys understand that IMG's national team is an illegal team according to OHSAA bylaws which is why they don't count as a game being played. That game was simply an exhibition game, a game that couldn't count as a win or a loss.

There was no explanation given on the joeeitel page. I think it's a fair question why the OHSAA doesn't count IMG as a team. If that's the reason, thank you for explaining.

The Beacon Hill team is home school, and that is the reason I saw from EagleFan on why they won't count. They are considered a "CLUB" team. IMG is considered a "NON-RATED" team.

Is all of this explained on the ohsaa website somewhere?

Hum, I guess you never drove through west Harrison or, Bright Indiana...

So it’s basically like a friendly match in fútbol? Fair enough. Both teams get the reps and work, but not going to affect their record. Better than a bye I suppose.
LaSalle had options....The good thing the whopping did not come with major injuries and as coach and players stated...
They hit their goals...Stay Healthy and not get shut out....

There was no explanation given on the joeeitel page. I think it's a fair question why the OHSAA doesn't count IMG as a team. If that's the reason, thank you for explaining.

The Beacon Hill team is home school, and that is the reason I saw from EagleFan on why they won't count. They are considered a "CLUB" team. IMG is considered a "NON-RATED" team.

Is all of this explained on the ohsaa website somewhere?
This really has nothing to do with the OHSAA. The OHSAA usually only recognizes its Member Schools and Member Schools of other State Associations. I don’t think you will find anything on the OHSAA website because of the lack of
recognition. Also the OHSAA Member Schools set most of the Rules that the OHSAA adopts. The rules&regulations really don’t come from the OHSAA. The IMG National Team is not an FHSAA Member their other Team is though.

BlueTom many Elder fans think LaSalle cheats in their recruiting of student/ athletes. I personally think they feel this way because their School goes about recruiting differently than LaSalle. Just because one school goes about things different from another doesn’t mean one School is cheating.

Last edited:
Why are people acting like IMG wouldn’t pick the score against any Ohio team? Hats of to lasalle for playing them but I really wish regular high schools would stop scheduling them

Why are people acting like IMG wouldn’t pick the score against any Ohio team? Hats of to lasalle for playing them but I really wish regular high schools would stop scheduling them
Regular High Schools like LaSalle,X,Elder,Ed’s and probably I’s wish that “Regular” High Schools in Ohio will Play them but they won’t! Take Elder this past week for an example. They originally had a Regular HS from Missouri on the Schedule, pretty much because no Regular HS in Ohio would come to the Pit. That Team Cancelled late in my opinion so Elder got a home school Team from Virginia to come.

You guys still talking about a game that doesn’t matter and won’t be repeated and really nobody cares about it anymore? How about it the rest of us are moving on

many Elder fans think LaSalle cheats in their recruiting of student/ athletes.

My freshman year of HS began a stretch of about 10 straight years or more that Elder beat La Salle and even before that, La Salle wins in the GCL were few and far between. La Salle is now on par with the other GCLS schools and quite a few — especially from Elder — have trouble coming to terms with that. So the story goes that La Salle must be doing something nefarious to have caught up. Losing to La Salle, a program Elder owned for decades, in five of seven years will do that.

Kudos to you for recognizing it.

My freshman year of HS began a stretch of about 10 straight years or more that Elder beat La Salle and even before that, La Salle wins in the GCL were few and far between. La Salle is now on par with the other GCLS schools and quite a few — especially from Elder — have trouble coming to terms with that. So the story goes that La Salle must be doing something nefarious to have caught up. Losing to La Salle, a program Elder owned for decades, in five of seven years will do that.

Kudos to you for recognizing it.
? I will never understand a Schools Fans constantly bashing the other for the difference of how the 2 Schools do things in regards to Recruiting potential Students.

Man you Elder guys sure supported LaSalle when you beat them most years, and viewed us as a fellow west side GCL school.
What happened?

Count me as one rooting for Lasalle against IMG to keep it competitive. Count me as one extremely disappointed in the outcome.

This really has nothing to do with the OHSAA. The OHSAA usually only recognizes its Member Schools and Member Schools of other State Associations. I don’t think you will find anything on the OHSAA website because of the lack of
recognition. Also the OHSAA Member Schools set most of the Rules that the OHSAA adopts. The rules&regulations really don’t come from the OHSAA. The IMG National Team is not an FHSAA Member their other Team is though.

BlueTom many Elder fans think LaSalle cheats in their recruiting of student/ athletes. I personally think they feel this way because their School goes about recruiting differently than LaSalle. Just because one school goes about things different from another doesn’t mean one School is cheating.

If they are not in the FHSAA then I guess that would be why it doesn't count. The OHSAA board of directors might adopt the rules, but don't think they don't have influence on what the rules are. The OHSAA is also responsible for enforcing the rules.

I see this as a key note though with the words "Beginning in 2022".

NOTE: Beginning in 2022, only contests played against NFHS Member State Association schools or Affiliate Association schools will count towards the Harbin Ratings.

Despite the outcome of the game, I would think that this was a unique experience for Lasalle and hopefully created some good memories for all who played/coached/cheered at the game. Who knows, maybe some of the IMG players will become household names on Sundays in the coming years and they can say hey I tackled that guy once. IMHO the Lancers had nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing this game (short of injuries, which is sounds like they didn't have any of note?).

It definitely seems more possible than ever for legit operations like IMG to get traction around the country and create more teams/games to play against each other. Lasalle has a fine program but it would never be an even matchup playing the IMGs of the world given the talent disparities and frankly access to it.

IMG isn't the only program in the country capable of blowing out Ohio teams. Mater Dei is actually the #1 ranked team in the country(according to USA Today Top 25). The IMG vs. Saint Frances Academy game will be interesting. St. Thomas Aquinas beat Saint Frances Academy 38-23 in week 1. Some of you might have missed Bergen Catholic(NJ) beat Hoban 42-7.

"The rules&regulations really don't come from the OHSAA".

You still think that's true SMARTY?

Direct quote below from the OHSFCA website.

The decision by the OHSAA to expand to a 16 team playoff format is met with complete dismay by the OHSFCA. The OHSAA failed to work in good faith with our association. The OHSFCA worked for over two years to create a viable expansion of the playoff system. The OHSFCA proposed the playoff expansion to 12 teams in January of 2020. The OHSAA approved this expansion in the spring of 2020 for the 2021 season. We are extremely disappointed in yesterday’s vote by the OHSAA without consulting the OHSFCA. It is abundantly clear that this decision is financially motivated.

The OHSFCA remains committed to working with the OHSAA and anyone else who is committed to maintaining the high standards of Ohio High School Football.