La Salle vs IMG

I’m curious if LaSalle has any intentions of playing IMG again next year at their place. Or was this a one year deal?

Mickey i normally agree with you but i said back on page 1 or 2 that this was a terrible decision for LaSalle to play them and that if IMG was going to play anyone it should have been X. X has imo their best team ever this year and they still would have lost by 30. X will turbo clock all 3 GCLS opponents or come very close. There are def teams in Ohio that would have faired better than LaSalle tonight. Elder would have been beat by 50 as well so im not saying they are any better. I just dont understand why the AD scheduled this or let it happen.
LaSalle had nothing to lose by playing IMG. The LaSalle AD got the best HS Team in the country to come to North Bend rd. This in my opinion was a “steal” for LaSalle an the entire GCL. When the last time (if ever) a Top 5 Team from outside the Region came to play a GCL School on their Home Field?

Boothmark I think this was just a 1 yr deal. I can about guarantee that LaSalle will not be heading to Bradenton,FL next yr to play IMG. Kudos to LaSalle for not being afraid, can’t win em all!

I’m fine with La Salle or any other D1 ohio team play IMG….as long as they play IMG’s state of Florida team. Playing their national team is going to be a L and will result in blowouts every time.

I’ve read maybe 5 posts of this thread, so if someone said this already I apologize.

1) IMG is a College team. You take there last 4-5 classes put them in a college together with a decent coach and they are ranked up there with BAMA, Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State!! Period!!

2) Ohio HS Football hasn’t dropped off. The game has changed to a more athletic and speed game than strength and physicality. And not by accident.
The offense has rules added to help it score points 2)
The defense has new rules to help the offense score points 2)

3) Ohio hasn’t fallen behind, other states have just caught up. Ohio doesn’t have a monopoly on great coaching like it ounce did.

4) Ohio’s demographics and coaching tradition/culture dictate its style of football. Old School-Spread-RPO etc..

5) The negative brain trauma propaganda and press has taken its toll on mom’s and dad’s and “little Timmy” now plays Soccer or Track.

6) Ohio doesn’t have a State All-Star team to play IMG types. That’s called “COLLEGE FOOTBALL”
Ohio has a localized HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT sized teams.

7) Ohio doesn’t have “Spring Football” to promote their players to College and Recruiting Services. Huge recruiting disadvantage and that’s why teams like IMG exist in the 1st place.
-IMG kids typically come from states like Ohio etc.. where the kids get maximum exposure.
Point 6 is all that needs to be said.

LaSalle had nothing to lose by playing IMG. The LaSalle AD got the best HS Team in the country to come to North Bend rd. This in my opinion was a “steal” for LaSalle an the entire GCL. When the last time (if ever) a Top 5 Team from outside the Region came to play a GCL School on their Home Field?

Boothmark I think this was just a 1 yr deal. I can about guarantee that LaSalle will not be heading to Bradenton,FL next yr to play IMG. Kudos to LaSalle for not being afraid, can’t win em all!
Tardy logic. Getting beat by 50 points is a “steal”.

Tardy logic. Getting beat by 50 points is a “steal”.
Competitive logic unlock your always wimpy logic! You admittedly never were an athlete but you have admitted your a wuss??‍♂️.

You always name calling knowing damn good and well if you talked like that in person to anyone on hear you would get your little wussy a ss beat!

Competitive logic unlock your always wimpy logic! You admittedly never were an athlete but you have admitted your a wuss??‍♂️.

You always name calling knowing damn good and well if you talked like that in person to anyone on hear you would get your little wussy a ss beat!
There was absolutely nothing competitive about this game.

You would need to form an All star team from the entire state of Ohio to field a competitive team against IMG no one single HS or even metro area can compete with them.

Well gentlemen I think we have beat this game to death ...time to move on. nothing really gained from the debacle. One thing that was not settled was the quarterback situation on LS. Neither one showed any significant improvement than previously. Let’s move onto the Trinity game and discuss that

Well gentlemen I think we have beat this game to death ...time to move on. nothing really gained from the debacle. One thing that was not settled was the quarterback situation on LS. Neither one showed any significant improvement than previously. Let’s move onto the Trinity game and discuss that
Ohio doesn't have 1 team in Ohio that can compete with IMG. You would need a GCL South all-star team to have a chance.

There was absolutely nothing competitive about this game.
Most Competitive people want the opportunity to compete against the best! Obviously you know nothing about being competitive. Face the facts pboy you know way more about being a p ussy than being competitive. Just the facts of the matter!

Ohio doesn't have 1 team in Ohio that can compete with IMG. You would need a GCL South all-star team to have a chance.

Neat idea, it would be great thing to organize if it could be done before or after season but probably can't.

If the game was memorable for La Salle players, then it was every bit worth it. Being a fan of a mid-major college team, one thing I hope for the schedule is that every player recruited knows they will get at least one opportunity to play in an iconic stadium. If a high school program can bring in the same on their home field, it was probably worth it, big loss or not.

Most Competitive people want the opportunity to compete against the best! Obviously you know nothing about being competitive. Face the facts pboy you know way more about being a p ussy than being competitive. Just the facts of the matter!
ok, go fight Connor McGregor, bc that’s the equivalent of this game. It was amateurs(don’t mean that derogatorily) vs professional. But keep living in that fantasy world, f’n dunce

Last edited:
Funny how LaSalle people are so “proud” of the team’s effort, but is still not reporting this game on the GCL site. As far as they concerned this game never happened. Where’s the pride?

Which point(s) above is the excuse for Bergen Catholic NJ putting a running clock on Hoban a few weeks back? Thx.
No excuse. They have players jump teams in that Catholic League from year to year. Same with coaches. It’s a pay for the best players with entitlements, tuitions, jobs, etc..

Not sure why Hoban waited for a down year to play them. Maybe it was better than a bye week. 4-5 years of recruiting the Akron All-Star Team caused more district oriented schools to not want to play them. Let’s see how often Hoban continues to play Bergen Catholic. Maybe ask them to keep there garbage in State(that was literal).
Maybe Hoban just got a little taste of its own medicine. Played a team that recruits better than they did.
Maybe if Hoban would stop teams like Akron Buchtel, StV STM, would get better.
We have “real” high school football in Ohio.
It might not be the best, but it’s real, from school districts, with buses, teachers, taxes, federal and state laws and or add church. Atleast one that will claim them.

The Lasalle coach and players post game interview s on game goals makes you wonder why they played. Coach we hit our goal of staying healthy, player we hit our goal of not being shut out…I guess if that was the game goals that’s 2 wins….?

Which point(s) above is the excuse for Bergen Catholic NJ putting a running clock on Hoban a few weeks back? Thx.
It’s either draw a line in the sand and say “ this is how high school sports are to be regulated “ or these teams like IMG and a whole host of others recruit just for football pulling kids from different cities, states, regions of the country.
And Incase nobody realizes this.. We already have that now! Yeah!! It’s called College Football.

But if someone starts up a real academy like IMG in Ohio for the states blue chippers to play a National schedule, I’m ok with that.
Just don’t thump yourself chest when you annihilated a localized city or school district sized team. And it shouldn’t be in OHSAA Playoffs.
Buy a old college like maybe Urbana.
Pay teachers
Make a accredited school.
Idc. If it helps the Buckeyes I’m all for it. Lol
Just don’t try to pass it off as a traditional Ohio school football team with limited resources and kids to choose from, we’ve had enough trouble with that in the past with Private Schools doing the same but to a lesser degree.
Open enrollment has even things up and I think we have a pretty healthy and fair HS Football system in the Buckeye State.

Funny how LaSalle people are so “proud” of the team’s effort, but is still not reporting this game on the GCL site. As far as they concerned this game never happened. Where’s the pride?

It's taken them a while each week so far to get the score on the GCLS site and I'm not sure why. If you're concerned about the stats, though, they've been available since the game was played at lasallestats.com. Sorry to ruin your snarky comment.

Kind of like being proud of keeping in close against a D2 powerhouse two year years in a row, right?
Altiora baby!!!

I give Lasalle a ton of credit they never laid down and they played hard. Given the fact IMG is a college team, Lasalle did well.

The Lasalle coach said he thinks they are still 2-0. Here is the quote from an article by Cincinnati Enquirer report, Scott Springer,

"They're getting the best players in the country," McLaughlin said. "It got ugly a little bit. Our kids can say they played against IMG. I don't know if they're one or two or five in the country; we did it. It's a completely different level of football. They're not even in the Florida High School football association. I think we're still 2-0 after tonight and we'll go down to Louisville next week ready to go."

Last edited: