La Salle vs IMG

I don't think IMG will just run right through Lasalle. I could see Lasalle keeping it competitive for the first quarter, MAYBE the 1st half. In the end, IMG will be way too much and win by 30+. I don't think it will be a complete massacre though.
30+ is not a complete massacre?

30+ is not a complete massacre?
Ohio State lost by 28 in the natty, but it wasn’t a massacre. Ohio State was neck and neck with Bama until Ryan Day settled for a field goal late in the 2nd.

A massacre would be a 70-0 loss where LaSalle doesn’t even pick up a first down. I think OP is trying to say that LaSalle will probably make it a game for maybe the first half, but IMG’s depth and talent will be too much for LaSalle to handle

Ohio State lost by 28 in the natty, but it wasn’t a massacre. Ohio State was neck and neck with Bama until Ryan Day settled for a field goal late in the 2nd.

A massacre would be a 70-0 loss where LaSalle doesn’t even pick up a first down. I think OP is trying to say that LaSalle will probably make it a game for maybe the first half, but IMG’s depth and talent will be too much for LaSalle to handle
I was there. Please don't remind me. LOL. Yeah, your logic makes sense. Duly noted.

Sorry to bust everyone’s bubble here, but this won’t be IMG A team coming. It is their B squad so not sure how much water that holds to a Lasalle win or loss either way.

Sorry to bust everyone’s bubble here, but this won’t be IMG A team coming. It is their B squad so not sure how much water that holds to a Lasalle win or loss either way.
Totally wrong but thanks for trying to rile everyone up. The Varsity team ( B squad as you called them) plays a Class 3A Florida schedule. The National team and the Post-Graduate team play out of state games, post-grads playing prep and small colleges. It definitely is the National team playing LaSalle.

uh hilarious to see Lasalle people griping about playing an all star team. Isnt Lasalle a Cincinnati all star team? Can Butler county kids go to Lasalle? Anybody from any school district can go to GCL south school.
I’m not a LS fan but no, they’re not an all star team. And even if they were a Cincinnati all star team vs a National all star isn’t comparable.

uh hilarious to see Lasalle people griping about playing an all star team. Isnt Lasalle a Cincinnati all star team? Can Butler county kids go to Lasalle? Anybody from any school district can go to GCL south school.
Only kids from Ohio can play sports at LaSalle, kids from all around the country got to IMG. Completely different animal.

Only kids from Ohio can play sports at LaSalle, kids from all around the country got to IMG. Completely different animal.
Nothing wrong with LAS trying to challenge themselves vs the best that HSFB has to offer. They'll be a better team in the long-run for doing so.

Nothing wrong with LAS trying to challenge themselves vs the best that HSFB has to offer. They'll be a better team in the long-run for doing so.
Unless they’re key players get hurt playing in a game they have no chance to win.

People always seem to ignore that aspect of playing a tough schedule… your team gets beat up a lot. And this isn’t college where the backup is a legitimate athlete, there could be a MASSIVE drop off bw the 1st & 2nd string depending on depth.

Frankly, I still believe it’s dumb for any normal HS to play IMG. They’re a National All Star team, you’re not supposed to be able to compete with them. All your players really are is highlight filler for the IMG kids.

Unless they’re key players get hurt playing in a game they have no chance to win.

People always seem to ignore that aspect of playing a tough schedule… your team gets beat up a lot. And this isn’t college where the backup is a legitimate athlete, there could be a MASSIVE drop off bw the 1st & 2nd string depending on depth.

Frankly, I still believe it’s dumb for any normal HS to play IMG. They’re a National All Star team, you’re not supposed to be able to compete with them. All your players really are is highlight filler for the IMG kids.
I always like to tell this story. Back in 2017 we (Prep Gridiron Logistics) had Bergen Catholic travel to Cali to play Mater Dei CA. They got pummeled 62-14. However, that game film exposed BC flaws in a big way. The BC coaches adjusted, then ran the table in NJ winning a State Chip and finishing #19 in America. More proof that to be the best, you need to play the best.

I always like to tell this story. Back in 2017 we (Prep Gridiron Logistics) had Bergen Catholic travel to Cali to play Mater Dei CA. They got pummeled 62-14. However, that game film exposed BC flaws in a big way. The BC coaches adjusted, then ran the table in NJ winning a State Chip and finishing #19 in America. More proof that to be the best, you need to play the best.
Yeah, they lucked out not getting any major injuries. Imagine if Johnny Langen broke his collarbone, then you’d have been f’d for the season. And for what? A meaningless game that had no impact on your state playoffs.

Plus, that BC team was far more loaded than LS or any team in Ohio for that matter. This is dumb, IMG should only be playing a select few schools like MD or SJ Bosco

Yeah, they lucked out not getting any major injuries. Imagine if Johnny Langen broke his collarbone, then you’d have been f’d for the season. And for what? A meaningless game that had no impact on your state playoffs.

Plus, that BC team was far more loaded than LS or any team in Ohio for that matter. This is dumb, IMG should only be playing a select few schools like MD or SJ Bosco
The same thing could've happened to Johnny vs Seton Hall Prep. Football is a contact sport. Next man up.

The governing body in Cali, the CIF, has prohibited their members from playing IMG. That's a real shame as the top teams in Cali are having a very hard time fielding adequate, annual schedules.

The governing body in Cali, the CIF, has prohibited their members from playing IMG. That's a real shame as the top teams in Cali are having a very hard time fielding adequate, annual schedules.
F those teams. They’re what’s wrong with HS football. MD and Bosco should just disappear up their own a holes.

Teams get blown out all the time and avoid injury. Look at some of the 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 teams in Ohio. They get killed every week, but keep coming back.

The same thing could've happened to Johnny vs Seton Hall Prep. Football is a contact sport. Next man up.
Except the odds are FAR lower when it’s a 200 lb DE hitting you vs a 275 lb DE committed to Alabama. And “next man in” is re*arded. More often than not, that kid won’t be prepared or capable of filling in. This isn’t a fairytale, you ruined a possible state title season for nothing.

Teams get blown out all the time and avoid injury. Look at some of the 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 teams in Ohio. They get killed every week, but keep coming back.
They also aren’t playing Mater Dei or IMG with grown men hitting them.

Except the odds are FAR lower when it’s a 200 lb DE hitting you vs a 275 lb DE committed to Alabama. And “next man in” is re*arded. More often than not, that kid won’t be prepared or capable of filling in. This isn’t a fairytale, you ruined a possible state title season for nothing.
Both of us can die in accidents today. Hence, why all of us need to live life to the fullest. And in my opinion, that means playing the best teams possible in order to maximize one's potential.