Kim Knoppe, Class of 1969 Grad, Donates $1 Million to Complete Second Floor of Panther Fitness Center

EHS 2001

Elder High School is pleased to announce that Kim Knoppe, Class of 1969, has pledged one million dollars to complete the second floor of the Panther Fitness Center located on Elder’s campus.
In addition to completing the second floor, funds will be used to enhance the experience and knowledge of Elder students in our ever-changing business environment.

Kim Knoppe stated, “My Elder experience gave me the confidence I needed to pursue my business career and provided the inspiration to live the Altiora spirit.”

Autumnwood homes guy, I believe. I don’t know him personally, but i know of him. Was a very good athlete at Elder, as I recall.

I wonder what this means for the revenue being generated from the Darrius Rucker concert. What will that be earmarked for?

My guess is that now it will all go to the Altiora Fund/scholarships.
I would think so and the fact that Mr. Knoppe wanted to see the fitness center completed doesn't rule out the fact that most donations at Elder are geared toward a certain area of focus. At least the larger ones have been in the past. The concert money will end up where its needed to the continued commitment to the students present and new. Cant ask for much more than that!

From the Elder Sports Archives. Kim was first team All Southwest Ohio as a senior wide receiver. Good athlete. Read the narrative on the Elder season that year. Kim had some big games.

Once you click on site below Go To:Football then got to:1960's Then go to:1968. There you will read about his senior year.

My guess is that now it will all go to the Altiora Fund/scholarships.
I hope that’s the case. Making tuition more affordable and by proxy increasing overall enrollment should be the overall priority for the school.

Elder’s built up a lot of good momentum the past few weeks, hopefully they can take full advantage of all the good things going on.

Here’s a shot of some training on the second floor of the PFC.

Attachments

• 7A584F44-FEDF-4C6C-B5C6-303251324941.jpeg
    7A584F44-FEDF-4C6C-B5C6-303251324941.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 72
Here’s a shot of some training on the second floor of the PFC.
Thanks EHS 2001 for posting. What a wonderful thing Kyle and Kim did for the students/athletes. Impressive.

Hopefully one day in the near future they will get to host the Darius Rucker's concert at The Pit to raise more funds. Keep the positive things happening at Elder.

Thanks EHS 2001 for posting. What a wonderful thing Kyle and Kim did for the students/athletes. Impressive.

Credit for the photo goes to the Elder Volleyball Facebook page.

Hopefully one day in the near future they will get to host the Darius Rucker's concert at The Pit to raise more funds. Keep the positive things happening at Elder.

Indeed. It’s great how the generosity of Kyle, Kim and others have transformed the campus.

If anyone hasn’t seen it yet, here’s a video of the expanded spirit store that now occupies for the former weight room in the Donohoe Center.

Awesome! The generosity of Elder alums is truly inspiring.

Have they published the specific plan for the area? Will wrestling be holding regular practice in here? What about baseball pitchers/catchers during the winter? What else?

Awesome! The generosity of Elder alums is truly inspiring.

Have they published the specific plan for the area? Will wrestling be holding regular practice in here? What about baseball pitchers/catchers during the winter? What else?

Saw a Flyer on Facebook for Elder Kids &Jr High Wrestling that says Practices begin in Spilt Sessions on the 16th of November and will take place in “brand new 2nd Floor of Panther Fitness Center.” Picture of a Wrestling mat also in that area. Sure Baseball may use but they also already have an off campus indoor location?

The list of improvements since 1988 is loooong.
Super X was around at least until the early 90's.
Baseball didn't even have a freshman team then. Home games were at Dunham.
Boys volleyball did not exist. Same with bowling, lacrosse, hockey, etc.
Weight room was in the wrestling gym (on the stage)
No computer labs.
Boys wore ties to school every day.
You learned to parallel park on the streets.
Heck, I think I still remember "smoking lounges" that were used by the students but I could be wrong.

The list of improvements since 1988 is loooong.
Super X was around at least until the early 90's.
Baseball didn't even have a freshman team then. Home games were at Dunham.
Boys volleyball did not exist. Same with bowling, lacrosse, hockey, etc.
Weight room was in the wrestling gym (on the stage)
No computer labs.
Boys wore ties to school every day.
You learned to parallel park on the streets.
Heck, I think I still remember "smoking lounges" that were used by the students but I could be wrong.
WE had one of those (at X)...

I am reposting a link that EHS 2001 posted on "Are You a True West Sider" thread. Kim Knoppe is featured in the video by Channel 5 News on a new housing development in East Price Hill.

Kim donated over $1 million dollars to complete the Panther Fitness Center at Elder.

Next week he is betting on the West Side again. He will be breaking ground on a new housing development in The Incline District. He is planning to construct ten three-story, three-bedroom, two-car garage homes with rooftop terraces in the $400,000 range on Hawthorne Avenue.

Good things are happening in East Price Hill. Hope it keeps up and spreads to the surrounding areas in Price Hill.

I am reposting a link that EHS 2001 posted on "Are You a True West Sider" thread. Kim Knoppe is featured in the video by Channel 5 News on a new housing development in East Price Hill.

Kim donated over $1 million dollars to complete the Panther Fitness Center at Elder.

Next week he is betting on the West Side again. He will be breaking ground on a new housing development in The Incline District. He is planning to construct ten three-story, three-bedroom, two-car garage homes with rooftop terraces in the $400,000 range on Hawthorne Avenue.

Good things are happening in East Price Hill. Hope it keeps up and spreads to the surrounding areas in Price Hill.

I responded to the other thread as well. Kudos to Knoppe and Johnson on this investment in a great and improving neighborhood. This effort will benefit Elder, Seton and the whole westside.

Groundbreaking today with the new development in East Price Hill spearheaded by Kim Knoppe. A big investment in Price Hill. Great for the community. Thanks again to Kim on his faith in Elder and Price Hill.

Here is the article from this morning:
A local developer has plans to boost redevelopment in East Price Hill's Incline District, beginning with the construction of over two dozen single-family homes.

The homes will be within eight blocks of each other and are estimated to be in the $400,000 price range, according to a recent release by Autumnwood Group.

Kim Knoppe, home builder and Cincinnati native, will host a groundbreaking ceremony at 2 p.m. today at 658 Hawthorne Avenue. Knoppe said he wanted to create a "wonderful single-family community" that would raise local home values and motivate young people to remain in the area.

In the release, Knoppe described the project as "something that would lift up the entire neighborhood.”

According to a news release the new construction includes plans for:
  • A gated community at Price and Mt. Hope Avenues which will include eight, single-family homes featuring rear-loaded two-car garages, wood and beam ceilings, and some rooftop terraces;
  • Ten single-family, three-floor homes at the end of Grand Avenue in Cityscape, which will include wood and beam ceilings and rooftop terraces;
  • Eight three-story homes within Price, Chateau and Summit Avenues. These three-bedroom houses will include 2 ½ baths, a two-car tandem garage, and wood and beam ceilings in the kitchen and living room;
  • Two a three-story condo building with elevators and rooftop terraces with a view of the city and Ohio River at the end of Grand Avenue; and
  • A 2,700 square foot, single-family home on West Eighth near the Incline Public House which will include three bedrooms, two baths, wood and beam ceilings, elevator and rooftop terrace with a view of the city and the Ohio River.
Like many neighborhoods in Cincinnati, the Price Hill area has been trying to raise home values for years since recession-era losses resulted in foreclosures. East Price Hill's Incline District specifically has inspired other redevelopment projects like the live-work dwellings by developer KB Partners, which aimed to attract entrepreneurs and artists to the area in 2016.

Knoppe has bought 76 lots with plans to buy more.

"I can’t tell you what a warm feeling it gives me to be able to go into my old neighborhood and build all of these homes within blocks of where I was born," Knoppe said in the release.

Last edited: