Kilbourne, UA make state

FormerWildcat

Yappi Supporter
Boys lacrosse: Kilbourne, UA make state
Sunday, May 27, 2007 3:36 AM

Nick Beattie scored the go-ahead goal with 3:40 remaining and Worthington Kilbourne defeated visiting Dublin Jerome 10-8 last night in a Division I regional final.

Beattie intercepted a pass and scored unassisted from the top of the box to give the Wolves a 9-8 lead.

Beattie and Andrew Wilfong each had three goals.

Luke Bott had 14 saves for Kilbourne (16-6), which will play Wednesday in a state semifinal against Hudson.

Upper Arlington 16, Dublin Coffman 6

Upper Arlington broke away from visiting Dublin Coffman in the second half on the way to a Division I regional final victory.

Coffman (11-10) took an early 2-0 lead but trailed 6-4 at halftime. UA (19-1) outscored Coffman 6-0 in the third quarter.

Scott Lathrop had three goals and one assist and Grant Devilbiss had three goals for UA, which will defend its state title Wednesday in a semifinal against Cincinnati Moeller.

Boys lacrosse: Kilbourne, UA make state

Going out on a limb there... UA is clear favorite to win it all. Moe held 'em to 5 goals in first meeting so if they play that tough again they seem to have a chance. Big question is how do they get some offense against a big and incredibly fast UA defense.

Trying to spread UA out doesn't seem to work- they get to everyone and make passing and easy looks tough to get. I think maybe going more 1-4-1 with a strong feeder behind and 2 quick shooters on crease might be only way to rack up points. Drive hard from top or behind and then quick passes on the slides and hope you can sneak a few in?

I expect a tough game.

Hudson has already taken Kilbourne (and Jerome) this season and probably will again.