Jonathan Powell to Centerville?

I'm not using "recruiting" in a bad sense. I'm saying every school likely has a marketing and advertising budget to sell their school to prospective students. What's the difference if a prospective student is good at sports or band? You still need to recruit to get kids to be interested in coming to your school.

Not sure what you're not understanding?

Why is sports separated out as this special subset you can't specifically recruit for? You can make direct contact with anyone else for a variety of reasons but sports isn't one of them? I think that's dumb. As I mentioned, it shouldn't be up to OHSAA to decide what's most important to a kid. Sports are absolutely a part of the decision making process when choosing a school.

You can make direct contact with the kid with the highest GPA at All Saints, or the best drama kid, or the student council President, but not the QB?
Public schools don't have much of a budget geared toward recruiting. If you know of one please share the info. Thanks.

Well, doesn't every school (or most every school) send out general marketing and advertising mailers to prospective students? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but most schools start doing this when kids are still in grade school.
Privates sure because they get a return on the Marketing spend. Public does not.

OnTheLine85 is the one making the statements as though they were fact. It is up to him (and you, since you're coming to his defense) to provide examples. In his most recent post he is now down to "(or most every school)". You are both running against the wind on this one.

I don't care if a coach cherry-picks (recruits) players from four different counties. JUST ADMIT TO IT. I'm waiting for the first one to do so.

Ok. My cousin transferred from a private school to a public school because of their drama department. She now is a company manager for a Broadway show.

But you don't really want examples. You're just convinced it doesn't happen.

Ok. My cousin transferred from a private school to a public school because of their drama department. She now is a company manager for a Broadway show.

But you don't really want examples. You're just convinced it doesn't happen.
I also know numerous people who transferred from private school to the School of Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati.

All work in creative or performing types of positions in their careers.

Public schools don't have much of a budget geared toward recruiting. If you know of one please share the info. Thanks.
Well Cincinnati Public Schools has a Chief Marketing Officer and a complete Marketing team on staff - responsible for internal and external communications and marketing for CPS. I guess she does nothing.

I also know numerous people who transferred from private school to the School of Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati.

Yeah, but I bet they have a lousy basketball team... :)

People love being part of a winning program. When your program is successful people want to be a part of it. Everybody loves a winner. Brook Cupps has built a winning culture the right way at Centerville and that in itself will draw kids to that school. He doesn't have to recruit, he just has to do what he has been doing and kids are going to want to be a part of it. Centerville or Brook can not tell a kid "you can't transfer here." This happens all the time with winning cultures in other sports as well. Brook is one of the best coaches in the country and many kids would want that opportunity. I see both sides of this, but people are drawn to winning tradition and programs always have been and always will. In this area we have had Wayne football a few years back, and the strongest winning tradition of all time Graham wrestling. There are other programs that have done the same thing I just named these two as an example.
Apparently the alpha dog is an extinct breed in Ohio high school basketball. Just in case you don't understand, I'm referring to the star player at the school he has always gone to and says he's going to put the team on his back and carry them to a championship. Transfers to a "program" that is already winning are beta dogs or even omega dogs. Maybe they are lacking confidence in their own abilities.

You and DonJuanDeMarco have come up with unsubstantiated and purely anecdotal "evidence" with no names attached. But, game over. I broke one of my personal rules: DON'T GET INTO AN ONLINE ARGUMENT BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY MC DONALD'S PEOPLE OUT THERE. You and DonJuanDeMarco are obviously McDonald's people. If you don't understand, then read the attachment.

Well Cincinnati Public Schools has a Chief Marketing Officer and a complete Marketing team on staff - responsible for internal and external communications and marketing for CPS. I guess she does nothing.
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate that. How much time does she spend doing general PR versus recruiting athletes?

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate that. How much time does she spend doing general PR versus recruiting athletes?
I never said nor implied she recruited athletes. But it makes some sense to me that they'd want to market the school a little bit so they have, you know, students that want to go there. Crazy thought.

An entire school system that large I'm not surprised. But I bet they're not spending a lot of time targeting student recruits of any type.

An entire school system that large I'm not surprised. But I bet they're not spending a lot of time targeting student recruits of any type.
I mean, do most public schools just sit around and hope students enroll to fill the classrooms? You'd think there would have to be some outreach to get kids excited and wanting to go to school there.

The bigger named private schools aren’t sitting around waiting on kids either. CJ will find another stud somewhere in Dayton and be ok.

You and DonJuanDeMarco have come up with unsubstantiated and purely anecdotal "evidence" with no names attached. But, game over. I broke one of my personal rules: DON'T GET INTO AN ONLINE ARGUMENT BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY MC DONALD'S PEOPLE OUT THERE. You and DonJuanDeMarco are obviously McDonald's people. If you don't understand, then read the attachment.
Dave Thomas ( Wendy's) had the Double Burger on his menu which at the time was the largest Hamburger offered in any Fast Food Chain. Its Sales were terrible. So he put a Triple on the Menu and renamed his Burgers Single, Medium and Large. Sold the heck out of the Doubles after that. LOl

Dave Thomas ( Wendy's) had the Double Burger on his menu which at the time was the largest Hamburger offered in any Fast Food Chain. Its Sales were terrible. So he put a Triple on the Menu and renamed his Burgers Single, Medium and Large. Sold the heck out of the Doubles after that. LOl
I thought it was the single, double triple?

The bigger named private schools aren’t sitting around waiting on kids either. CJ will find another stud somewhere in Dayton and be ok.
I get it’s a game of musical chairs with all these top players now-a-days but it’s never easy to see a D1 player walk away from your program. It’s not easy to replace that kind of talent.

How many on here would be upset if a D-1 type of talent transferred to the school you follow for whatever reason? Even if there were rumors of recruiting, I doubt the majority of the posters would be boycotting or complaining. Unless the new kid is taking playing time away from their kid. then that dude would be chirping.

I thought it was the single, double triple?
This was back in the very early days of Wendy's . Late 60's early 70's when American's weren't yet in the Super Size mode of eating. He later changed them to Single, Double, Triple when our glutton habits of eating changed.
He also was responsible for the 12 Piece bucket that made KFC Famous when he worked for them .

This was back in the very early days of Wendy's . Late 60's early 70's when American's weren't yet in the Super Size mode of eating. He later changed them to Single, Double, Triple when our glutton habits of eating changed.
He also was responsible for the 12 Piece bucket that made KFC Famous when he worked for them .
I like KFC too! I was raised on that!

How many on here would be upset if a D-1 type of talent transferred to the school you follow for whatever reason? Even if there were rumors of recruiting, I doubt the majority of the posters would be boycotting or complaining. Unless the new kid is taking playing time away from their kid. then that dude would be chirping.

It is because of the school he is transferring too and how the fans of that team on this site criticized other schools who got transfers in the past.

It is because of the school he is transferring too and how the fans of that team on this site criticized other schools who got transfers in the past.
Who all played together on an 8th grade Salvation Army AAU team and then "transferred" to said school but continued to live in Springfield & Yellow Springs. Then the next year got another "transfer" that continued to live in Dayton.

This kid lives in Centerville.

Vamps just salty his team hasnt been the same since that AAU team graduated and now his hated Centerville has gone back to back state.

Baconator and Son of Baconator. They will accommodate any appetite, budget, pleasure...lol
I remember when they launched it we all thought it was absurd. But hey, people bought it! The only stacked burger I found palatable was from in and out.

Who all played together on an 8th grade Salvation Army AAU team and then "transferred" to said school but continued to live in Springfield & Yellow Springs. Then the next year got another "transfer" that continued to live in Dayton.

This kid lives in Centerville.

Vamps just salty his team hasnt been the same since that AAU team graduated and now his hated Centerville has gone back to back state.

I was just answering someone's question so it sounds like you are salty. You need to get updated though about who my team is.....

If you would of read my previous post I stated I can care less who transfers there. I also stated that I don't think the Centerville community would take too kindly if they started getting a bunch of transfers that took the spots of their home grown kids.

Midnight backfield? Kid shows up from Thurgood Marshal in a passing league game at Centerville and leaves enrolling at Centerville. QB comes in from Texas, etc, etsc, again I don't care and unfortunately that is what has become of HS sports which I am totally against it but don't think your school is 100% innocent.