Joe Burrows is better than Justin Fields

Who is Burrows?

Much like last year I usually zig when others zag bc that is how you need to be make money gambling. I will roll with Clemson again just bc I think most have counted them out

If this is in reference to my nonsensical ramblings I would say OSU is probably the favorite over the field. Just talking from a potential value standpoint.

It's in reference to the title of the thread.

The circle jerk is the trump and Ohio State thread. No tho

It's a sports forum in the state of Ohio and you're surprised there are a lot of OSU fans? I think plenty of people are very realistic fans, it's threads like this that stand out as ridiculous. Go on any of the other threads and you'll find OSU fans saying Burrow should probably win the Heisman and that OSU is right where they belong at #2. I should know, I'm one of them. The fact you need to make a thread just to razz on Justin Fields makes your hatred a bit pathological.

It's in reference to the title of the thread.

It's a sports forum in the state of Ohio and you're surprised there are a lot of OSU fans? I think plenty of people are very realistic fans, it's threads like this that stand out as ridiculous. Go on any of the other threads and you'll find OSU fans saying Burrow should probably win the Heisman and that OSU is right where they belong at #2. I should know, I'm one of them. The fact you need to make a thread just to razz on Justin Fields makes your hatred a bit pathological.
OBCF is here for the lolz. I remember his Nokia, stock market will fail, OU will win a championship in basketball mantra.

Obviously it would be foolish to think either team is upset with their QB options.

Unsure if there has been a stronger QB year than this one.

You could take Fields, Burrow, Tua, Hurts, Lawrence, Herbert and throw them all in a hat and no one would be upset with who they picked.

Well, you know what opinions are like...

I'm sure you felt that way prior to yesterday's game as well.

Last edited:
I'm good with the 105 TDs between Haskins and Fields the last two years plus getting one more year of Fields. Burrow has been electric this year, but I have little doubt Haskins was the superior player last year. Worked out well for all parties.

Hopefully Burrow finishes it off against Clemson.

I'm good with the 105 TDs between Haskins and Fields the last two years plus getting one more year of Fields. Burrow has been electric this year, but I have little doubt Haskins was the superior player last year. Worked out well for all parties.

Agreed. Really tough to start anyone over Haskins last year. He was great and Fields was great this year. The one that puzzles me is the J.T. Barrett infatuation. I think he was not as good as Haskins or Burrow. His lack of passing ability hurt us many times. I do think that Fields is the best. He is only a sophomore and look at what he has accomplished. Plus couple that with not getting much playing time at Georgia and then having to transfer and learn a whole new system. The kid is great. If he stays healthy next year and the Buckeyes have some good receivers, he will be unstoppable.

This is the truth. It's one of the few instances where all parties benefited. It's about OSU having a player at the time superior to Burrows in Haskins. Haskins was clearly the better QB in 2018. Then Burrows took his step forward this year, but lets not act like Fields wasn't wonderful too. The benefit we have as Buckeye fans is that we get another year of Fields. So you could have two years of Joe, or three years of Haskins/Fields. I'm comfortable with that.

Fields is 19/20 years old. Joe Burrow is 23 (a year older than Lamar Jackson btw). When Burrow was in his second year of college he couldn't even sniff the field, let alone get an invite to New York for the Heisman ceremony. Is he better today than Fields? Sure. But what Fields did this year as a Sophomore at one of the best programs in the country is outstanding. Congrats to Burrow for finding his way and I hope they smoke Clemson, but I'm not going to knock Fields and his accomplishment because a 5th year senior was better than a true Sophomore.

Upset with the Ohio State game but next year should be great. Lawrence is a stud QB. Clemson was as advertised. Fields should be on a Burrow level when he’s 23. Give him time

Fields wasn’t there yet.

You mean Joe Burrow was better than Dwayne Haskins ? Even with the broken hand issue ?

Burrow does not have the golden arm of Haskins, Tua, or Lawrence. Burrow is not the runner of say Murray or Hurts. What makes Burrow special is that he has good skills coupled with an uncommon football savvy derived from his football coach father and superior work ethic. Simply said Burrow is the best all around quarterback in college football.

As to Fields, he is a great athlete, likely better than Burrow. You cannot dispute his gaudy stats for OSU this season. Yet he does not seem to have that undefinable trait of leadership that Burrow the best.