JJHuddle Alumni!

I joined JJhuddle back in Dec. 1999 posted the vast majority on the basketball forum, but would read the football forum. Name was just falcon then. Man, that seems like a long time ago. I think some guy on the hoops forum named 3ball literally became addicted to the jjhuddle message board and got divorced over it.

Remember when everyone had to change names? It was pretty early on, and I can’t recall when or why, but we couldn’t use our original name as I remember it. I was originally Steel Valley Football there but shortened it to Steel Valley FB with the forced name change.

One of the oddest things I remember was some of the Warren Harding assistant coaches were posting some of the usual stuff for a few months, but only until WGH head coach Thom McDaniels found out, took over the username, and changed the password. Then, instead of banning his staff from posting, he started posting with that username himself as an active head coach...posting on his own team’s threads lol. I recall it being MBHDOG50 or something similar. It was so bizarre that he did that and was defending his own play calling and game plans a day after the games were played. I recall him even defending old stuff from his McKinley days.

I was also on OhioChatter as Steel Valley FB. I liked it there and Justin and I met once in person for a concert. He was a very cool guy, but then later we had a falling out because he pulled a dikhead move. My reaction, though slightly regretful, was to get myself purposely banned from his site and it wasn’t pretty lol.

Last edited:
Scipio was one of the JJ originals, but not as Scipio. He had a different name when he started. Remember when everyone had to change names? It was pretty early on, and I can’t recall when or why, but we couldn’t use our original name as I remember it. I was originally SteelValleyFootball there but shortened it to Steel Valley FB with the forced name change. That’s when Scipio was created.

One of the oddest things I remember was some of the Warren Harding assistant coaches were posting some of the usual stuff for a few months, but only until WGH head coach Thom McDaniels found out, took over the username, and changed the password. Then, instead of banning his staff from posting, he started posting with that username himself as an active head coach...posting on his own team’s threads lol. I recall it being MBHDOG50 or something similar. It was so bizarre that he did that and was defending his own play calling and game plans a day after the games were played. I recall him even defending old stuff from his McKinley days.

I was also on OhioChatter as Steel Valley FB. I liked it there and Justin and I met once in person for a concert. He was a very cool guy, but then later we had a falling out because he pulled a dikhead move. My reaction, though slightly regretful, was to get myself purposely banned from his site and it wasn’t pretty lol.
I remember the days when you used to troll Ed’s and EagleFan on Yappi. Back when WGH had amazing teams. Now you don’t post on their thread.

I remember the days when you used to troll Ed’s and EagleFan on Yappi. Back when WGH had amazing teams. Now you don’t post on their thread.

I don’t do anything WGH anymore. No games, no gear, no email groups of Warren posters, very little posting. My connection to Warren fades more and more every day. TBH, those are great memories but I don’t miss it all that much.

One of my best friends back then on JJs was KentRaider...real life friends from HS/college. He was killed in a car accident on Christmas Day 2002 on Rt 5 driving back from Kent to see his mom. His nickname was Stork. Great dude, miss him a bunch.

I don’t think I knew that. Or, maybe I did and I forgot you told me lol. We talked in private a few times on here, but didn't we meet up in Warren before? Way back.
Yes we did. Remember meeting up with you at Strongsville in I believe 2002. Mustangfan set up a place up there before a game. Don't know if you remember though. Remember meeting your friend up there to from Kent. Felt so bad about that

Yes we did. Remember meeting up with you at Strongsville in I believe 2002. Mustangfan set up a place up there before a game. Don't know if you remember though. Remember meeting your friend up there to from Kent. Felt so bad about that

Yes, yes, yes! LOL I didn’t know this was you while talking with you on the DB forum. Wow.

Another Warren poster I used to PM told me he lived then near the old Drexel Park Pharmacy and I always thought he was wghfan. His username here is very similar to yours. Originally a LaBrae guy I think.

RAIDER is who I really miss posting here and emailing. He’s doing well in his career I heard. He works with some good friends of mine.

I joined JJ Huddle in the mid 2000's I think..... my handle was Coke72 on there as well. I don't post very much on Yappi, read occasionally...

I was on JJHuddle back in the late 90's. Same name. I was reading posts and CatFan was active there, so I just copied him and went with EagleFan.

I think CatFan is also the one that emailed or PM's me to tell me about Yappi. JJ was a D1 (especially NE Ohio) ghost town.

I posted on both sites for years. Often same computer pount projections and whatnot, but most responses/discussion came here.

Never got kicked off, but maybe I should have just to have the story to tell, lol. I don't think the Warren Harding posters over there liked me very much.

I was same name on JJ. Didn't add much but was a member early on due to JJ being a central Ohio firefighter when he launched the site. Loved when guys gave play- by- play for games I couldn't attend.
The pbp threads were good.

Massillon
Ah yes the good old cuddle days. I still remember the protection the Big Red posters had on there. I remember a bunch of us from the north central Ohio area got on them and started posting pictures of the heavy metal group Manowar. Needless to say we were all banned after that. Good times.

I'm still the same old Gneiss guy...some had multiple personalities on JJ...speaking which, of does anyone know what happened to doppelganger, is he on here?

OAL and StanSmagala were good ones

jjhuddle.gif