JFK's coach steps down ?

Area coaches know how the administration treated a head coach that had a 14-3 playoff record along with 2 State Championship appearances and don’t want anything to do with them, not to mention a logical on staff candidate that has been ignored to this point.
Sad

Area coaches know how the administration treated a head coach that had a 14-3 playoff record along with 2 State Championship appearances and don’t want anything to do with them, not to mention a logical on staff candidate that has been ignored to this point.
It’s not just that. Every year there is one coach on their hit list. Every year! Never justified.

I think this is going to end up being the guy. Not sure on the general consensus of how he will do if he ends up being the hire.
Passed over 3 times at the school he teaches at and was an assistant at, has no affiliation other than last year to JFK or Trumbull County. Not very encouraging, but at this point no other options. This won’t end well, this administration is getting what they want.

Damon Buente will be prepared and the kids will play hard for him. The kids who played for him love him. If he can keep some of the staff together, they can compete, if he can convince some kids to stay, they will be fine

Damon Buente will be prepared and the kids will play hard for him. The kids who played for him love him. If he can keep some of the staff together, they can compete, if he can convince some kids to stay, they will be fine
Well when your the only guy that is willing to interview don’t have much of a choice.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

Damon Buente was a great high school player @ Canfield. Has paid his dues working for Mike Pav @ Canfield, Andy Hake @ WR & most recently Dom Prologo @ JFK. Alot of wins in that group ( a lot of playoff wins )!!!!! He's played in the State title and he's also coached in the state title.
Looks like admin finally quit screwing this up and hired a good one. Congratulations to JFK Players and Coach Buente
Admin needs to stay out of his way and give him time to get the players back.

“I am thrilled that Damon will take the reins of the Kennedy Football Program,” JFK president Joseph Kenneally said. “A number of talented coaches applied for this position...................."

By that, Kenneally means, "We reached out to a number of talented coaches and not a single one would apply for the job....."

Just about every coach (and a ton of former coaches) were approached over the past five weeks. One by one, they all turned it down. I'm not saying this isn't a good hire (I don't know), but don't make yourself look foolish with such a statement. Everyone in the high school football coaching circles knows exactly what was going on since Prologo stepped down.

Hopefully this can be put to rest and the JFK program can move forward. Going to take a ton of work and a ton of cooperation (without meddling) from administration.