JFK's coach steps down ?

According to Businessinsider.com, Warren is the 9th most miserable city in the country. 2/3 of their population is under the poverty level.

It certainly is cjb, as you have posted, a shell of a once proud thriving city.
4 cities in Ohio in top 50 in Misery index, all in NE Ohio - Warren (9), Youngstown (26), Cleveland (27), Mansfield (43). Misery loves company I suppose.

You are correct. He is in finance. Fun fact, he stepped away a few years ago as Coach Bayuks DC but wanted to come back because he missed it. People like ytown just want drama and are mad that they don't get "facts" to help feed the drama.
I do not want drama, I’m just curious as to why he left. I want the people alleging he left for any other reason other than it was time to back up their probably false accusations. I for one think he just is ready to move on and had a nice run. It’s the others on here making things up.

I do not want drama, I’m just curious as to why he left. I want the people alleging he left for any other reason other than it was time to back up their probably false accusations. I for one think he just is ready to move on and had a nice run. It’s the others on here making things up.
Things aren’t being made up, it’s not for others to speak on his behalf when he’s coaching somewhere else next year it’ll speak volumes of the dysfunction of the administration not doing the right thing

I find it laughable that coaches feel unappreciated. It's a soft mentality. There's a long list of coaches who left good jobs because of a bruised ego. Most never reach the same level of success again. JFK will be fine. A lot of people can win at a place like JFK. Why does it matter if parents are posting on here??? It Yappi. There are several coaches with muiltiple accounts on here too. Many with connections to JFK. Who cares??? It's an anonymous message board. Coaches are on here all day long promoting themselves, bashing kids, schools, and other coaches. Yappi is entertaining but its not the narrative. Some coaches like to create drama. They wallow in it. They use it cover up there own dysfuntion. It speaks volumes whent they leave and they still have the same probelms and drama.

I find it laughable that coaches feel unappreciated. It's a soft mentality. There's a long list of coaches who left good jobs because of a bruised ego. Most never reach the same level of success again. JFK will be fine. A lot of people can win at a place like JFK. Why does it matter if parents are posting on here??? It Yappi. There are several coaches with muiltiple accounts on here too. Many with connections to JFK. Who cares??? It's an anonymous message board. Coaches are on here all day long promoting themselves, bashing kids, schools, and other coaches. Yappi is entertaining but its not the narrative. Some coaches like to create drama. They wallow in it. They use it cover up there own dysfuntion. It speaks volumes whent they leave and they still have the same probelms and drama.
where have you seen bashing of KIDS on here?

Wasn't there a fatal shooting just this last Sunday around JFK's neighborhood on Milton Street? I know about 3-4 years ago a dead body was found on a front yard on Burton which I believe is only one street over from Milton

I grew up on Milton and I’m still in the vicinity. Violence over here is nothing new. In fact, it was actually worse when I was growing up in the 80’s & 90’s. The biggest differences between now & then are…

1. There were more positive distractions & influences in the old days. More community involvement/activity, more jobs, better leaders, etc.

2. With sites like this and (mainly) social media, everybody pretty much knows each other nowadays. When bad things happen, it hits closer to home because the “It could have been me!” aspect is much stronger.

Also, I think that most people associate “parochial schools” with nice neighborhoods, but that’s really not the case in major cities (Warren isn’t really “major,” but some around here see it that way). Harding is more “stereotyped,” but in a much better neighborhood. Central Parkway is actually pretty quiet, but Milton, Burton, Brier, Wick, etc. is where it can get dicey. Personally, I love it over here, but random stupidity is irritating though.

Actually girls basketball and volleyball should have been really good this year and the next couple, but have one parent that caused many issue. Trying to get coaches fired. Trying to dictate lineups. Things seem to be good after every parent and kid on the team stuck up for coach. It’s very sad what is going on everywhere with coaches bullying kids lol. Think like 4 or 5 girls/boys coaches in our area have been suspended. I’m a firm believer that these people need called out by name and they shut up or leave
I’m not so sure the leader of one of those programs is the best person for the job, but to each their own.

Whether they are or are not right for a parent, it is not that parents job to disrupt the whole program, get on kids that aren’t theirs ect ect. To each their own.
Oh you are definitely right about the parents! It is out of hand. I have no kids in the school currently.

Correct. I’ve had kids go through Kennedy and am an avid supporter of the school. I just offered my own opinion/observation. Is that not allowed anymore if you disagree with it?

Correct. I’ve had kids go through Kennedy and am an avid supporter of the school. I just offered my own opinion/observation. Is that not allowed anymore if you disagree with it?
No and thank you for your dedicated support of the girls. Just a little confused how you had an opinion on the coaches. Don’t get many fans, but the ones we do get have no problem with the coaches. I forgot about YSN. Must be an avid watcher.

Kennedy’s tradition has extended much longer than 3 years. I think all of the recent success has gotten people goofy. There is a horrible delusional mindset among parents today (not just at Kennedy) that when they don’t like playing time or something a coach says to their kid they transfer. Forget the fact that the priority should be about the institution that is best academically and that kids have to work hard and earn their time. Let the cancers leave. It may take an adjustment period and time to recalibrate but, again, Kennedy has a long tradition that has come with bumps along the road before. They will be just fine. It’s the soft society of everyone deserves a trophy I’m more concerned about.

Last edited:
2019 - 47
2020 - 39
2021 - 31
2022 - 38
2023 - 29 seniors
That looks like a severe spiral decline in only 5 years time. No wonder they're running ads on Spectrum right now begging for students...it makes sense them doing it as an act of desperation. Can't really blame them though with those paltry numbers.

It Ohio passes that "Ohio Backpack Law" it might help them out somewhat, but that's only speculation on my part.

That looks like a severe spiral decline in only 5 years time. No wonder they're running ads on Spectrum right now begging for students...it makes sense them doing it as an act of desperation. Can't really blame them though with those paltry numbers.

It Ohio passes that "Ohio Backpack Law" it might help them out somewhat, but that's only speculation on my part.
They have been running adds on spectrum for as long as I have been around the school. Also I don't think you know the definition of the words "spiral" or "decline". It looks up and down but stable for the most part. Some classes are smaller than others but that is what happens when a school doesn't have a massive feeder system.

1676311411965.png

They have been running adds on spectrum for as long as I have been around the school. Also I don't think you know the definition of the words "spiral" or "decline". It looks up and down but stable for the most part. Some classes are smaller than others but that is what happens when a school doesn't have a massive feeder system.
"Feeder schools" are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

St. Pat's school building in Hubbard is partially used as a storage facility now as a prime example and our parish is one of the bigger ones in the Youngstown diocese. It was costing way to much to keep it operational and not fair to the parishioners who were the ones shelling out all the money to keep it open. It's one of the best decisions they made financially.