Jefferson out of the NE8 starting 2023.

Incidentally for what it is worth West Branch did schedule a home and home with Canfield who is arguably one of the best teams in D-III in recent years.
Whether Salem and/or West Branch are interested or would be good fits remains to be seen.
When Canfield beats them by 50 points I doubt they will make the return trip just my thoughts.

Didn't Liberty stadium be bigger? I remember going to a game probably mid 90's when my son's school Mogadore Field played there. Thought seating was pretty big on visitors side.
Most of Liberty's seating would be on their home side. Hubbard's band is around 200 and had to sit on the visitor's side. They took up between a half or over a third of those bleacher seats. If those numbers are correct (3000) I'm willing to guess it's 2500 for the home side and 500 on the visitors side. Liberty's home side is a nice size.

From what I remember, Liberty's stadium is no smaller than other NE8 schools like Range, Struthers, Lakeview, and Girard. Also I am not sure I buy that capacity number in relation to others, according to that site Liberty's stadium has less capacity than Ridge and I know that is not accurate and that Howland is only 2200.

From what I remember, Liberty's stadium is no smaller than other NE8 schools like Range, Struthers, Lakeview, and Girard. Also I am not sure I buy that capacity number in relation to others, according to that site Liberty's stadium has less capacity than Ridge and I know that is not accurate and that Howland is only 2200.
Latest numbers from Ohio stadiums.com

South Range 4500
Girard 4000
Howland 3521
Struthers 3500
Lakeview 3450
Mineral Ridge 3200
Liberty 3000

Here's the rest of the NE8:
Niles 9718
Poland 5754
Hubbard 5000
Jefferson 5000

Latest numbers from Ohio stadiums.com

South Range 4500
Girard 4000
Howland 3521
Struthers 3500
Lakeview 3450
Mineral Ridge 3200
Liberty 3000

Here's the rest of the NE8:
Niles 9718
Poland 5754
Hubbard 5000
Jefferson 5000
I had clicked on the wrong one for Howland. However, there is zero chance that SR has 1500 more seating capacity than Liberty, and definitely zero chance Ridge is more. If I had to guess, SR and Liberty about the same in the 3500 range, Ridge 2500, the rest look about right.

I had clicked on the wrong one for Howland. However, there is zero chance that SR has 1500 more seating capacity than Liberty, and definitely zero chance Ridge is more. If I had to guess, SR and Liberty about the same in the 3500 range, Ridge 2500, the rest look about right.
I'm only going by the numbers on their site. As I remember, Liberty's away side was almost non-existent at around 500. There was more Hubbard fans standing around the fence than actually sitting in the stands because of Hubbard's 200 piece marching band sitting there as well. As I have stated before, most of Liberty's numbers (3000) are coming from their home side which is a nice size. I actually think what's throwing you off is Mineral Ridge I think has a bigger away side than Liberty does.

Liberty's away stands do not seem that small to me. Granted last time I was physically in their stadium was for a Hubbard - Liberty game back in 2010 or 2011. If you read that ohiostadiums.com site, it also says the stadium does not have soccer, but you can clearly see once they put the artificial turf in, they play soccer there.

From the Google satellite view of Leopard Stadium:
1652290025423.png

Of course, Liberty's away stands are smaller than the visiting stands at Hubbard Memorial Stadium (aka The Beautiful):
1652290474246.png

Here are some photos I took when it looked like the stadium was close to finished. The home stands are immense. However, the visitor side does look smaller than Liberty's. The numbers at SR do look a bit inflated, especially considering the size of the visitor stands. (JMO)

Attachments

• IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm only going by the numbers on their site. As I remember, Liberty's away side was almost non-existent at around 500. There was more Hubbard fans standing around the fence than actually sitting in the stands because of Hubbard's 200 piece marching band sitting there as well. As I have stated before, most of Liberty's numbers (3000) are coming from their home side which is a nice size. I actually think what's throwing you off is Mineral Ridge I think has a bigger away side than Liberty does.
Ridge is the stadium I’m most familiar with and the ridge away side is quite literally about 6-7 rows, although it extends a decent amount width wise I see no way it’s bigger than Liberty and Liberty home side is bigger

Here are some photos I took when it looked like the stadium was close to finished. The home stands are immense. However, the visitor side does look smaller than Liberty's. The numbers at SR do look a bit inflated, especially considering the size of the visitor stands. (JMO)
Can attest South Range visitors side is not real big. Mogadore played New Middletown Springfield there and we completely filled the visitors side, standing and band in folding chairs in end zone..

South Range has a deceptively large home side. The stadium was purposely built with at least 4,000 seats so they could host playoff games.

Does anyone know if stadium band shells are included in the total seating capacity? That could be something to take into account if they have a decent size one. We tend to just think of where the fans sit when we think of stadiums but maybe that isn't all they count

Does anyone know if stadium band shells are included in the total seating capacity? That could be something to take into account if they have a decent size one. We tend to just think of where the fans sit when we think of stadiums but maybe that isn't all they count
Good question I’m not sure

Good question I’m not sure
It usually specifies on the website if the band shell or end zone seating is included.
I know for instance Canfield's number includes the permanent band shell but not the seating in the opposite end zone.

It usually specifies on the website if the band shell or end zone seating is included.
I know for instance Canfield's number includes the permanent band shell but not the seating in the opposite end zone.
Hubbard's 5000 number doesn't include the band shell.

Home side 3000
Visitors side 2000
Band shell 250

Hubbard's 5000 number doesn't include the band shell.

Home side 3000
Visitors side 2000
Band shell 250
For Canfield, the visitors side seats exactly 2000. The permanent seating in the endzone is 300. The home side seated 1,350 originally, they recently added 400 seats for students, bringing the total capacity to 4,050.
So technically Hubbard would be 5250 vs Canfield's 4050
or alternatively 5000 vs 3750

For Canfield, the visitors side seats exactly 2000. The permanent seating in the endzone is 300. The home side seated 1,350 originally, they recently added 400 seats for students, bringing the total capacity to 4,050.
So technically Hubbard would be 5250 vs Canfield's 4050
or alternatively 5000 vs 3750
I'm somewhat surprised, I didn't think anybody counted their band shell as part of their seating capacity for their stadium.

I guess I learned something today.

Can attest South Range visitors side is not real big. Mogadore played New Middletown Springfield there and we completely filled the visitors side, standing and band in folding chairs in end zone..

Yeah I agree. Didn't he have a full ride at Fordham first before coming to YSU? The Ice Castle was a big part of him staying home as I remember.

Fordham
Youngstown State
Bentley

Good luck to the young man at Bentley.
Just looked it up, Bentley is ranked #4 in the nation in business degrees. I can see why he chose this school.

As far as the stadium where he'll play:
Hubbard Memorial Stadium 5000
D2 Bentley 4800

Just looked it up, Bentley is ranked #4 in the nation in business degrees. I can see why he chose this school.

As far as the stadium where he'll play:
Hubbard Memorial Stadium 5000
D2 Bentley 4800
YSU is not a normal 1A school, their stadium is bigger then most but hope the best for the kid seems he’s starting to care more about after football which is a good thing

YSU is not a normal 1A school, their stadium is bigger then most
You mean I -AA or FCS
And Stambaugh Stadium is 1 of 25 for I-AA stadiums that seat over 20,000 fans. Most of the largest stadiums in I-AA are Ivy League schools which were formerly I-A, in fact they all are in the top 25.

Most of the Ivy teams have very weak schedules. Years ago Strollo called every one of them and they wouldn't even return his calls, not one of them. They wouldn't last past the first round in the playoffs.

You mean I -AA or FCS
And Stambaugh Stadium is 1 of 25 for I-AA stadiums that seat over 20,000 fans. Most of the largest stadiums in I-AA are Ivy League schools which were formerly I-A, in fact they all are in the top 25.
The Ivy does have nice stadiums but extremely weak schedules.