Jamie Clark

I would think he is redshirting. His record could be 1-2 against Taylor. I believe he was Taylor's last high school loss.

You are correct Bo won 6-3 last year in Clark's first match back from injury.

D.Taylor lost his sophmore year to Clark don't remember score..like 4-2 or something

Clark has yet to wrestle for ISU, and on the same subject..his buddy Sammy white from Perry has yet to crack the Illinois lineup. However tough you think OHS wrestling is..multiply that by a factor of 10 or more for how tough major college wrestling is.

Clark has yet to wrestle for ISU, and on the same subject..his buddy Sammy white from Perry has yet to crack the Illinois lineup. However tough you think OHS wrestling is..multiply that by a factor of 10 or more for how tough major college wrestling is.

I heard Sam White was longer wrestling at Illinois. Clarks issue is simply weight. He can handle the next level, but not weighing 160-170. This year will be a solid redshirt year for Clark to learn and grow.

I can't find that Jamie Clark, listed on the roster as a 141, has seen any action this year, even in opens.

The word is that Sammy White has left the team. My impression was that he was finished with wrestling. After competiting in some opens in 2009 as a redshirt, he was mentioned in their 2010 season preview as the favorite to be the starting 125. There are two roster links on the Illinois website. White is listed on one, but not on the (presumably updated) other.:dang:

re: Clark-Taylor. Taylor won at the Ironman something like 7-2, but even then you could see Clark's agressiveness and skill on display. Clark's win came at SPG with a TD in OT. I seem to remember, following it on the internet, a fairly high score with multiple TDs. The final meeting at Eds was 1-0 with Taylor escaping at the 5:59.9999 mark, though a different ref might have dinged Clark during his ride in the 3rd period.

Last edited:
Was that at Powerade? This was Eric Morris of Wyoming Seminary pinned Jamie last year, during his freshman year. Morris just took fourth at the Ironman at 152, losing to Matt Stephens in the third place match after taking Ian Miller to a one point decision.

That was also an indidental thing- the Clark pin. IIRC, Clark was granbying out, and his shoulder buckled horribly- you could hear him scream. Morris stayed with and pinned him. Clark was out until sectionals after that, I think. Yes, he technically did pin him, but not really.

You are correct Bo won 6-3 last year in Clark's first match back from injury.

D.Taylor lost his sophmore year to Clark don't remember score..like 4-2 or something

Taylor avenged that loss within the next few weeks.

Clark is at Illinois, not Iowa State. He was a verbal to ISU under Sanderson, it reopened once Cael left, and he chose Illinois.

White is out of the picture at Illinois, that much is a known fact. All I will say is that previous posters have heard the same thing I have - though nothing is official yet. We shall see relatively soon on that one.