Jalen Rose Wants To "Cancel" Mt. Rushmore

Let's ask Jalen a question: What IN THE FUNK have you ever done to make America a better place?

Jalen Rose does not make my Mount Rushmore of greatest basketball players.

Jalen Rose also does not make my Mount Rushmore of ESPN personalities.

He still has some time to make the ESPN Mount Rushmore but he would have to do something amazing.

Let's ask Jalen a question: What IN THE FUNK have you ever done to make America a better place?
I'll probably regret engaging this question since I know the answer...but the answer is probably a lot more than anyone on this message board.

10 or so years ago he donated a ton of $$$ and did a lot of fundraising to open a leadership/college prep focused charter high school (Jalen Rose Leadership Academy) in his childhood neighborhood in NW Detroit...a fairly rough area where he had a very LeBron-esque impoverished childhood. That school's geared towards addressing the educational and life problems inner-city kids often face with solutions such as year-round school, a longer school day, and having a mentoring/guidance arm that stays in touch with and follows graduates for four years past graduation to try to ensure success with college and initial employment.

I'll probably regret engaging this question since I know the answer...but the answer is probably a lot more than anyone on this message board.

10 or so years ago he donated a ton of $$$ and did a lot of fundraising to open a leadership/college prep focused charter high school (Jalen Rose Leadership Academy) in his childhood neighborhood in NW Detroit...a fairly rough area where he had a very LeBron-esque impoverished childhood. That school's geared towards addressing the educational and life problems inner-city kids often face with solutions such as year-round school, a longer school day, and having a mentoring/guidance arm that stays in touch with and follows graduates for four years past graduation to try to ensure success with college and initial employment.
Plus, tappin' Molly for awhile.

Hey Jalen - A real baller says:
1659731649249.png

Bet.com
Amazingly, JRLA has a 100% college acceptance rate for its graduates.

wiki

In 2015 the first senior class of Rose Academy graduated. In June of that year the school announced that it had a new graduation requirement: each graduating student must be accepted to at least two post-secondary educational institutions.[7]

hmmmm

Jalen is primarily known for losing, correct? 0 college titles, 0 NBA titles, 0 all star appearances, 0-1 in marriage, fathered 3 children out of wedlock. So yea, he's qualified to judge 4 history-changing presidents :rolleyes:

Jalen is primarily known for losing, correct? 0 college titles, 0 NBA titles, 0 all star appearances, 0-1 in marriage, fathered 3 children out of wedlock. So yea, he's qualified to judge 4 history-changing presidents :rolleyes:
Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?
That would be as qualifying as the fact that he played basketball, at least as it relates to qualifications of judging presidents.

When did this all change - when did people start thinking that being famous for sports/music/movies made your opinions on politics, etc valid? When did that start? Muhammed Ali?

time to tell people just to !!!!!!
Jalen Rose is a racist who thinks blacks who are educated and well spoken and not from the ghetto are Uncle Toms and not “authentic” blacks. He’s a disgrace and detriment to black people everywhere.
perfect way to describe the idiot.....

I like Ali as an answer over Sinatra/JFK. That was an existing friendship because of JFK’s sister/Peter Lawford, plus Sinatra‘s mob ties added in.

When I think of actors‘ unnecessary loud mouths in politics, I think of Jane Fonda. But the truth is it was going on long before her or JFK or Ali. Humphrey Bogart and Marlon Brando, for example. WW1 has examples of celebrities both opposing and supporting the war. The USO has used celebrities in the war cause.