Jackson Football 2009

BEARS81

I am curious what impressions others have about Beau Balderson's coaching this season. Is anyone else as disappointed as I am? He is certainly not as advertised. Anyone else think a little too much weight was given to his "Mount Union" credentials when he was hired?

It appears he is in way over his head. Only 4 years as a head coach and it certainly shows. He has no idea how to communicate with his staff or players. He lost the team after 3 games.

Jeff Morris

It's hard to watch them play. My pick would have been Jeff Morris. He coached for years in Columbus and at Timken. He is on Jackson's Wall of Fame. Excellent football player and coach.

It's hard to watch them play. My pick would have been Jeff Morris. He coached for years in Columbus and at Timken. He is on Jackson's Wall of Fame. Excellent football player and coach.

For whatever reason, I believe the Admin at Jackson has tried to seperate its self from the past in football and basketball (as stupid as that sounds, since their past has been filled with playoff appearances and championships in hoops). That being said, I havent been to a football game, but werent they expecting an 0-10 season? Seems to me like he has almost won a couple of games and there are a few left. I am sure the new guy will do just fine.

coach

Give me a break, I have been attending the Bears games since the 60s. I place some of the blame on the choosing of McDaniels. The administration thought he would be a quick fix and he promised to help them pass the school levy, well he set the program back 2 years. I know these juniors and seniors have been through three head coaches in 4 years. Is that coach Balderson's fault? Is that are kids fault? I believe this new coach and these kids have more heart and fight than many other teams this school has placed in Robert Fife. This isnt college, this isnt Cleveland, with the "we must win NOW" attitude, lets give this coach a chance to prove himself and get off your "Richy Rich my kids have professional talent" attitudes and make it enjoyable for these "KIDS". Look back a few years when Hoover with a new coach named Hertler was 0-10.

Interesting 1st post ;)

I am curious what impressions others have about Beau Balderson's coaching this season. Is anyone else as disappointed as I am? He is certainly not as advertised. Anyone else think a little too much weight was given to his "Mount Union" credentials when he was hired?

I feel he is doing a good job. The kids are learning a new Offense and they have been improving each week on Offense. Just remember this the Federal League and Jackson did have the toughest Out of Conference schedule in Stark County. You only get better by playing tough teams "Thanks Coach McD". I believe it will payoff.

@ GlenOak: OT lost 27-21
McKinley: 44-28
@Austintown: 45-37
Boardman: 44-7
@Lake
Perry
@Hoover

It appears he is in way over his head. Only 4 years as a head coach and it certainly shows. He has no idea how to communicate with his staff or players. He lost the team after 3 games.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on those opinions. Because if he lost the team after the preseason then they would not have almost beat GO. You want to belittle him after 7 games which is typical IMO for some people in this township. You have to work at being good. First you have to crawl and then you walk.

Jackson will be fine.

GO BEARS!!!

i don't know how you can judge a coach on this team, he only had 3 or 4 starters back from last year. If anyone remembers the jv team went 0 for the season last year. It seems he has a good offense, he just needs to develop some players to go with the system. For all you players that read this forum it takes more than a coach to win football games, it takes dedication to the program. You have to spend the off season in the weight room, getting stronger and working out as a team.

The Hoover game was the ugliest game I have ever seen a team play. Did the kids get worse, did the other teams just start to figure out Balderson's offense. The only play on offense that seemed to work, they stopped running it. Our defense was questionable all year anyway. Hoover made No mistakes we made tons both players and coaching. It was a horrible way to end the season. I feel for those Seniors, 3 coaches in 4 years. Ho[pe this one figures things out and sticks around for while.

I am afraid you are never going to win in the fed with 180 pound linemen and 150 pound running backs. Nothing against the kids, they played hard all year. They are just not physically big or strong enough to compete. Most of the games this year the other teams quarterback was bigger than our defensive lineman.

I am afraid you are never going to win in the fed with 180 pound linemen and 150 pound running backs. Nothing against the kids, they played hard all year. They are just not physically big or strong enough to compete. Most of the games this year the other teams quarterback was bigger than our defensive lineman.

True, I think Lake and Perry are the only teams in the Fed who didn't have D1 recruits. Not to mention experience in the position played for some of the starters. Many excuses, but I don't think the boys are making any of them, it is the adults. Those boys that played love the game.

What are the expectations. I know they don't have a real strong incoming senior class. The JV team was only 2-6 or 3-5. How was the freshman team?

Don't blame this season and next on the players. If McDaniels was here Jackson would have won some games. Coaches are part responsible this year for sure. Ask any playr

If McDaniels was here the outcome of the season wouldn't have been changed. Beau was a great coach and knew what he was doing. McD wouldn't have brought anymore wins. Trust me.