Waynedale 21 - Tusky Valley 20
Harrison Central 36 - Claymont 18
Fairless 31 - Sandy Valley 0

Malvern 31 - East Palestine 14
Shenandoah 48 - Newcomerstown 8
Dalton 42 - East Canton 7
Rittman 24 - Strasburg 6
TCC 63 - Fisher Catholic 14

Good luck to Garaway and Buckeye Trail today.
Garaway 21 - Bellaire 14
Caldwell 17 - Buckeye Trail 6

Week Two IVC Matchups:

Tusky Valley @ Fairless
Ridgwood vs. River View
Indian Valley vs Roosevelt (DC)
Garaway vs. Waynedale
Claymont vs. East Technical
Sandy Valley @ Manchester

Malvern @ Conotton Valley
Newcomerstown vs. Beallsville
East Canton @ United
Strasburg @ Waterloo
Buckeye Trail @ Harrison Central
TCC vs. Grove City Christian (sat)

So the IVC goes 5-7 in week one. Four of those win came from the teams you would expect in Garaway, Indian Valley, Ridgewood and Malvern. The rest of the league went 1-7. Ouch.

Week Two IVC Matchups:

Tusky Valley @ Fairless
Ridgwood vs. River View
Indian Valley vs Roosevelt (DC)
Garaway vs. Waynedale
Claymont vs. East Technical
Sandy Valley @ Manchester

Malvern @ Conotton Valley
Newcomerstown vs. Beallsville
East Canton @ United
Strasburg @ Waterloo
Buckeye Trail @ Harrison Central
TCC vs. Grove City Christian (sat)
Week 2 guesses:

Fairless 35 - Tusky Valley 6
Ridgewood 42 - River View 13
Indian Valley 41 - Roosevelt DC 20
Garaway 35 - Waynedale 0
Claymont 13 - East Technical 6
Manchester 27 - Sandy Valley 6

Malvern 27 - Conotton Valley 21
Beallsville 20 - Newcomerstown 6
United 21 - East Canton 7
Waterloo 13 - Strasburg 6
Harrison Central 20 - Buckeye Trail 14
TCC - 34 - Grove City 28

Week 2 guesses:

Fairless 35 - Tusky Valley 6
Ridgewood 42 - River View 13
Indian Valley 41 - Roosevelt DC 20
Garaway 35 - Waynedale 0
Claymont 13 - East Technical 6
Manchester 27 - Sandy Valley 6

Malvern 27 - Conotton Valley 21
Beallsville 20 - Newcomerstown 6
United 21 - East Canton 7
Waterloo 13 - Strasburg 6
Harrison Central 20 - Buckeye Trail 14
TCC - 34 - Grove City 28
I don’t think Malvern and CV will be that close imo. I got Malvern by atleast 2 touchdowns. Also newcy might pick up their first win this week beallsville lost their running back earlier in the year.

I don’t think Malvern and CV will be that close imo. I got Malvern by atleast 2 touchdowns. Also newcy might pick up their first win this week beallsville lost their running back earlier in the year.
if Malvern plays like last game they lose at CV

I'm not sure of the exact rules now but 3-4 years ago a kid from Tusky Valley was ejected in a similar situation and he was indeed suspended for the next game so unless that rule has changed he may be.

Hopefully not but if he is Garaway will be fine vs. Waynedale. That game will be a mismatch.
Rule is the same. Since Wallick was tossed because of 2 unsportsmanlike penalties he is also out next week against Waynedale.

Watching that Garaway vs Bellaire game yesterday on TV, one thing is for sure, Yoders play at quarterback in the second half was the difference maker….Defensively they are good! But Bellaire showed if you line up in the spread and stretch that defense, you can make plays on them. You won’t hit the home run ball on them, but you can get 4 or 5 yards a play and drive down the field. Their run defense is lights out!

Any buildup to the Frye kid (Ridgewood) playing his former team the River View Black Bears this week? Gotta believe the Bears will have a chip on their shoulder. Coach Slusher better have the boys ready!

I go to bed thinking my Mustangs have a shot at winning this weekend and gaining some confidence. Wake up and find out that they now have to play Canton South Saturday night instead of East Tech.

I go to bed thinking my Mustangs have a shot at winning this weekend and gaining some confidence. Wake up and find out that they now have to play Canton South Saturday night instead of East Tech.
Maybe it's just me but Claymont - Canton South seems like a game that should be happening every year. Why Claymont is playing East Tech and Canton South is playing some school in Columbus when they would play each other is beyond me.

Maybe it's just me but Claymont - Canton South seems like a game that should be happening every year. Why Claymont is playing East Tech and Canton South is playing some school in Columbus when they would play each other is beyond me.
They was under contract to play each other this year and they mutually agreed to end the contract. But looks like the football gods wanted to see the game played anyways.

They was under contract to play each other this year and they mutually agreed to end the contract. But looks like the football gods wanted to see the game played anyways.
Hmmm... not sure why they would do that. Like I said, seems like a game that should happen every year.

Matt dennison is probably tired of beating the piss out of Claymont every year
Haha. I'm guessing the South-Claymont matchup isn't drawing the type of crowd that's hard to pass up either.

It's obvious both teams needed something different and attempted to schedule accordingly. South replaced Akron North w/ St. Clairsville (R15 finalist last year) and Claymont w/ Eastmoor (I just looked, haven't had a losing season since 2002), and Claymont went for an East Tech opponent they would've expected to beat. South's schedule was in need of obvious upgrades after going 7-3 last year and only finishing 14th in the R13 computer rankings. To add insult to injury, South routed Northwest and won 1 more game than Northwest but still finished behind them in the R13 computer rankings.

Haha. I'm guessing the South-Claymont matchup isn't drawing the type of crowd that's hard to pass up either.

It's obvious both teams needed something different and attempted to schedule accordingly. South replaced Akron North w/ St. Clairsville (R15 finalist last year) and Claymont w/ Eastmoor (I just looked, haven't had a losing season since 2002), and Claymont went for an East Tech opponent they would've expected to beat. South's schedule was in need of obvious upgrades after going 7-3 last year and only finishing 14th in the R13 computer rankings. To add insult to injury, South routed Northwest and won 1 more game than Northwest but still finished behind them in the R13 computer rankings.
Yeah, I guess my problem is I live in a fantasy world where I think someday Claymont will get their act together and be a respectable program lol

Haha, never say never.
Haha. I was actually talking to someone about this last night. Of the four bottom feeders of the IVC, which program do you think has the best chance to turn it around and compete for a league title in the next decade?

Claymont
Tusky Valley
Newcomerstown
Strasburg

To me I'd say Claymont just because of the numbers advantage they have. Interested to hear others thoughts.

I think since the Mustangs don’t play until tomorrow night now, I’m going to go to Gnaden and watch IV play the team from Washington DC. I heard their quarterback has already received a bunch of Division 1 offers and he’s only a junior.

Haha. I was actually talking to someone about this last night. Of the four bottom feeders of the IVC, which program do you think has the best chance to turn it around and compete for a league title in the next decade?

Claymont
Tusky Valley
Newcomerstown
Strasburg

To me I'd say Claymont just because of the numbers advantage they have. Interested to hear others thoughts.
Good question. I like Claymont's chances of turning it around in the South much better than Tusky Valley's. However, I'll say Newcomerstown because the North Division schools are so small that it could be possible to go from the bottom to the top of the division with 1 good class. The big question would then be: Is Newcomerstown capable of producing that 1 good class? Strasburg is so small that I expect them to always struggle with having enough quantity, let alone quality.

Week 2 Results:

Garaway 33 - Waynedale 3
Sandy Valley 34 - Manchester 15
Ridgewood 41 - River View 14
Fairless 40 - Tusky Valley 7
Roosevelt 22 - Indian Valley 17

Newcomerstown 52 - Bealsville 0
Malvern 21 - Conotton Valley 20
Harrison Central 48 - Buckeye Trail 20
Waterloo 40 - Strasburg 14
United 55 -East Canton 21

Good luck to TCC and Claymont today!

Never thought I would see the day that Indian Valley isn’t a power running team. They got the talent in the backfield, just no size up front. Roosevelt just loaded the middle in the 2nd half and IV couldn’t do anything. Be interesting to see how they move forward offensively against Dover, Wood, Garaway and Cambridge. Didn’t realize they played Cambridge until I was sitting beside their scouts last night. Said they was looking forward to playing IV the next couple of years.

First of all a huge congratulations to my Newcomerstown Trojans! Always great to see the alma mater pick up a W!

After that, it was another ho-hum week for the IVC. A nice win for SV that I don't think people saw coming will likely be 6-6 this week after tonight. The drop off from the top three to the rest of the league looks huge.