IVC 2022

I think he’s trying to troll Steubenville. He can’t possibly believe that scheduling Steubenville is a scrub game??

Literally the hottest take I think I've ever read...

Steubenville, who is d3 btw, has won more playoff games than the entire IVC combined has even played in... Dover played 4 playoff teams in their own region, and a d1 team and some privates. Phila too is nutting up with friggen Chardon who's playing today for the d3 title, and played Canfield who will probably have given Chardon their closest game all year, Likely the #1 and #2 best teams in the division. And they're joining the OCC that has Wooster and Ashland and Mansfield in it. Give me a break.

If Ridgewood's scheduling mirrored the way Dover and Phila's does, their schedule would look like this-

week 1 Dover-Lake Catholic. RW-CVCA (private school 1 division lower)
week 2 Dover-Canfield. RW-Ironton (playoff team in region)
week 3 Dover-IV RW-Mogadore (playoff team 1 division lower)
week 4-Dover-Akron East RW-Manchester (playoff team in region)
week 5 Dover-Steubenville RW-Piketon(playoff team in region)
week 6 Dover-Warren RW-East Canton (public 1 division lower)
week 7 Dover- Strongsville RW-New Phila (good public 2 divisions higher)
week 8-Dover-Marietta RW-West Muskingum (same division)
week 9 Dover- Linsley RW-Valley Christian School (private 2 divisions lower)
Week 10 Dover-NP RW-Garaway (rivalry)

Compare that to who Ridgewood does play and you can see how silly you sound.
Linsly is not a Christian school.....it is a highly priced prep school in Wheeling.....years ago it was called Linsly Military Institute and was all boys. Modern update--girls now attend....they play a killer schedule for a relatively small school--oh, they play Dover and that school you may have heard of The Big Red.

I would be shocked if Strasburg have a football team I live in strasburg my son plays coach pitch with coach Metzger. They have 12, 12 kids I counted lifting. They might not have a team this yr. I know some strasburg players last yr only went out because of coach Curtis.

I would be shocked if Strasburg have a football team I live in strasburg my son plays coach pitch with coach Metzger. They have 12, 12 kids I counted lifting. They might not have a team this yr. I know some strasburg players last yr only went out because of coach Curtis.
Would be a shame

Saw Malvern in 7 on 7 action against New Philly and Carrollton. They have a sophomore QB who can really sling it. Garaway legit shot at State

This is a FOOTBALL forum so we are talking about FOOTBALL. The IVC is a very average football league. The results prove that and to try and argue otherwise is foolish.

I know Garaway has golf titles and other schools have won some titles in other sports as well. It's why I said earlier that FOOTBALL may be the IVC's worst overall sport. One again, this is a FOOTBALL message board.
Not to mention how solid a basketball league the IVC is. Hiland, Malvern etc can play with anyone in hoops

Tcc vs cv claymont vs beaver local
Note I listened to slusser talk on the radio and I heard about a "big" qb who can sling it that transferred any details?

Kid from RV is what I heard. Hopefully everyone came out of all scrimmages healthy today. Haven’t heard any results yet
IV beat Fairless 3–1
Not sure on Claymont/BL final, it was back and forth. I know Claymont scored on the 1st or 2nd play they ran.

Cambridge decent this year or garaway struggle? Garaway is loaded with returning talent
Cambridge should be decent but I was a little surprised. I was expecting Garaway to push us around a bit more considering all the kids they have back. Their O line is huge and defense is pretty stout and their D was flying around. That being said, Cambridge should win 7-8 games too and they have a good Senior class. It appeared Garaway needs to fine tune some things on offense and they will be ready to roll.

Everyone talking about the Big 3 in the IVC and really over the last 4 seasons it’s only been the big 2. Indian Valley is 2-6 against Ridgewood and Garaway in that time. The Braves might finish the regular season with a winning record but look who the wins are against. A couple of those games they compete against the Pirates and Generals for wins but at the end of the day, Slusser and Wallick change up the game plan and find a way to win. Talent will only take you so far, coaching has to find a way to win big games.

Garaway wins the IVC south
Ridgewood finishes 2nd because of Slusser
Indian Valley will be 3rd again.
Claymont 4th and after watching their scrimmage against Beaver, I think they will give Wood and IV a fight this year but will probably lose in the end.

Last edited:
Everyone talking about the Big 3 in the IVC and really over the last 4 seasons it’s only been the big 2. Indian Valley is 2-6 against Ridgewood and Garaway in that time. The Braves might finish the regular season with a winning record but look who the wins are against. A couple of those games they compete against the Pirates and Generals for wins but at the end of the day, Slusser and Wallick change up the game plan and find a way to win. Talent will only take you so far, coaching has to find a way to win big games.

Claymont 4th and after watching their scrimmage against Beaver, I think they will give Wood and IV a fight this year but will probably lose in the end.
Can’t contest ridgewood, they’ve had a IVs number lately, but other than garaway last year, they’ve had everyone’s….. but I believe IV is 3-2 vs garaway over the last 5 years. I could have my years mixed.

Last edited:
Wood has 3 teams on the schedule that have more talent than them. West Branch, IV, Way. No surprise if Slusser picks at least one of those 3 off. Definitely gets the most out of his kids.

Braves schedule will have them prepared for IVC run. Race may be tighter than many think.

Anyone going to scrimmages tonight? That garaway St. C should be a good one. Not sure how tuslaw is this year, so no idea on the SV scrimmage. Any other IVC teams play tonight?

Anyone going to scrimmages tonight? That garaway St. C should be a good one. Not sure how tuslaw is this year, so no idea on the SV scrimmage. Any other IVC teams play tonight?
I'll be at the SV/Tuslaw scrimmage.... Also would like hearing where others are playing as well.......