IVC 2022

Damage450

Well, another IVC season has come to an end and unfortunately once again it's a fairly early exit for all of the IVC teams from the playoffs. Maybe 2022 will be the year we finally get an IVC team playing in Canton at the end of the season. Here's my early guesses for 2022.

IVC South

1 - Garaway - The Pirates will be the overwhelming favorite to repeat as IVC champs. Not only do they return almost everybody but I think they will enter the season with as good of a chance to make a run at the state title as any IVC team ever has. Hopefully they will have better luck than Ridgewood did in 2020 and they can make a health run at a trip to Canton. It looks like the Pirates have eliminated the first crossover and added Carrollton in week 4 so that should be a much better game for them.

2 - Indian Valley - The Braves are the one team who will go into the Garaway game with a punchers chance but the Braves have to find a way to get more offense in order to knock the Pirates out of the top spot. With Dover on the schedule the Braves are probably looking at an 8-2 type season which could give them a tough matchup early in the playoffs. The Braves have also eliminated a crossover and added Cambridge in week 4.

3 - Ridgewood - The Generals just seemed to be snakebitten in 2021 and now they face the loss of a lot of really talented players and a difficult schedule that includes a trip to West Branch in week 4. One thing you know though is that the culture of the program is strong and the boys will receive great coaching. I think 7-3 is the ceiling for the Generals and if they can sneak in one playoff victory it'll be a successful season.

4 - Sandy Valley - I know Cardinal fans think they have a lot of young talent but will they really be ready to compete in 2022? Most of the offensive firepower is gone from a team who couldn't really compete in 2021 with the big 3 so I doubt they will be able to in 2022. The non-conference schedule looks to be a bit tougher as they have added Manchester and Canton South so the Cardinals could be hard for the Cardinals to get more than 5 wins.

5 - Claymont - Maybe Claymont can take their new facilities and the 2 wins they got this year and push the program forward a little bit. I can't see them beating any of the top 4 and depending on their conference schedule it could be another tough year for the Mustangs.

6 - Tusky Valley - I know Tusky Valley played a lot of young kids in 2021 and you would think they have to naturally be better but I just don't see where they get any wins except for crossover games. It looks like they have kept both crossovers so maybe they can get two wins at best.

IVC North

I didn't really get to see any IVC North teams play in 2021 so I'm just going to guess based on where the programs seem to be. I'm sure someone who watched the North teams can tell me where I am wrong but here is what I would guess.

1 - Malvern - Until someone beats them they have to be #1
2 - Buckeye Trail - I keep waiting for this program to break out but it just doesn't seem to happen.
3 - East Canton - Just based on the past.
4 - Newcomestown - Make or break year for Gadd?
5 - TCC - As always, who knows who will be playing there so this is a real guess.
6 - Strasburg - Anytime you have to cancel a game because you don't have enough players it's not a good sign/ Hopefully the numbers improve.

North looks good. Malvern loses a bunch but have plenty of kids that played games this year and got the experience. Malvern should win another title this year I would say East Canton will be #2 though just because trail loses a lot too.

My prediction

North
1. Malvern 8-2
2. East Canton 6-4
3. TCC 5-5 very young last yr 3-5 crap shoot
4. Trail 4-6
5. Newcomerstown 3-7
6. Strasburg 1-9 their freshmen class has some athletic kids should have 20-25 kids out

South
1. Garaway 10-0 This team is the best the pirates have ever had and are legit state title contenders.

2. I.V 8-2 Braves could surprise some ppl next yr don't be surprised if they make a decent run next yr.

3. Ridgewood 7-3 The generals are going to be very young but it's a playoff team might win a playoff game or two.

4. S.V 5-5 still young and a very difficult schedule

5. Claymont 4-6 They have the athletes would not be shocked if the Stang's get 5 wins next year.

6. T.V 2-8 return almost everything but still very much young

North???
1. Malvern based off past results should be a solid enough football team
2.east canton they lost a few guys but still return their starting running back and they always have a solid line
3. TCC they return the best player in the north (Mahaffey) and if not the best 2 with cherry
4. Trail Had some solid success but it’s the post Franko Rome era
5.strasburg had some nice young kids still not enough but will beat ntown
6. Ntown they’ll be lucky to have a team next year imo

south
1.garaway and it isn’t even close with what they have all coming back
2. Iv was young this year and Lancaster should have them ready for a good run against next season
3. Wood they lost a lot and maybe they won’t be good could this be the end of slusser in west lafeyette?
4.sandy wasn’t very good last year lose their only talented class
5 claymont maybe if they had a different qb and a better OC but I could see them beating sandy just maybe only if claymont could schedule ntown every week
6. Tusky very bad team program is down for awhile

It's a shame Hiland never added football because I have a feeling they may have brought home a football state title by now.

Another year of delusional posts about how good the ivc is lol

Another year of delusional posts about how good the ivc is lol
Are you done yet, for are size this conference I'll put any of are top 3 against anyone. Are they as good as kirtland no but they can compete with just about anyone. So I'll turn my butter but at least I'm not on here bashing a hs football conference. Grow up or shut up that simple

Are you done yet, for are size this conference I'll put any of are top 3 against anyone. Are they as good as kirtland no but they can compete with just about anyone. So I'll turn my butter but at least I'm not on here bashing a hs football conference. Grow up or shut up that simple
The REALITY is that the IVC's performance over the years in the playoffs has not been good. A few teams (SV and Garaway) had the misfortunate of being in the same region as Kirtland the last few years but the DIV, DVI and DVII schools have not faced that issue and their success has been very limited as well

The size of the IVC has nothing to do with it. You play schools the same size as you in the playoffs. No IVC has reached the final four or the state title game because no IVC school has put together a program good enough to compete at that level. Hopefully Garaway can change that next year but realistically they are the league's ONLY chance to make a deep playoff run next year.

So you have to make it to state to be a good team ok. Football no we haven't had anyone Malvern has been to the final 4 and Ridgewood also has. That don't resemble how good are conference is. Other than football Garaway has multiple state golf and basketball titles. Same with other schools.

So you have to make it to state to be a good team ok. Football no we haven't had anyone Malvern has been to the final 4 and Ridgewood also has. That don't resemble how good are conference is. Other than football Garaway has multiple state golf and basketball titles. Same with other schools.
This is a FOOTBALL forum so we are talking about FOOTBALL. The IVC is a very average football league. The results prove that and to try and argue otherwise is foolish.

I know Garaway has golf titles and other schools have won some titles in other sports as well. It's why I said earlier that FOOTBALL may be the IVC's worst overall sport. One again, this is a FOOTBALL message board.

When you have teams like Strasburg, Tusky Valley, Claymont, Newcomerstown, that struggle to win even one or two games a season it brings that conference image down.

This is a FOOTBALL forum so we are talking about FOOTBALL. The IVC is a very average football league. The results prove that and to try and argue otherwise is foolish.

I know Garaway has golf titles and other schools have won some titles in other sports as well. It's why I said earlier that FOOTBALL may be the IVC's worst overall sport. One again, this is a FOOTBALL message board.
Your delusional man Wake up. Around the ivc area name some conferences that are head and shoulders above the I.V.C just because nobody has went to state yet. That league is average ? That's your delusional opinion.

When you have teams like Strasburg, Tusky Valley, Claymont, Newcomerstown, that struggle to win even one or two games a season it brings that conference image down.
Yeah but you look how good I.V, S.V, Garaway, wood, Malvern TCC some years then Trail and EC no it's not a great conference but I'm tired of ppl talking like are confrence is weak. Again I'll take Garaway I.V, wood and Vern and Imho can compete with almost anyone are size.

For the all the IVC people who think you need divisions go out and look at the MAC. They have a team in the DV, DVI and DVII state title games this year. The league enrollment is basically identical to the IVC with the exception of Indian Valley and Claymont. You don't hear the DVII teams in that league complaining about having to play DV teams (and state caliber DV teams). They build their programs and compete which is why they always win.

Your delusional man Wake up. Around the ivc area name some conferences that are head and shoulders above the I.V.C just because nobody has went to state yet. That league is average ? That's your delusional opinion.
Sorry. Right now the IVC has 4 good but not great programs (RW, Garaway, IV and Malvern), 2 inconsistent programs (EC and SV), two consistently mediocre at best programs (BT & TCC) and 4 trainwrecks.

You do the math and you end up with a very average league and the results in non-league play and playoffs show it every year.

Sorry. Right now the IVC has 4 good but not great programs (RW, Garaway, IV and Malvern), 2 inconsistent programs (EC and SV), two consistently mediocre at best programs (BT & TCC) and 4 trainwrecks.

You do the math and you end up with a very average league and the results in non-league play and playoffs show it every year.
I think that Ridgewood has been a great program the past 4 years, If you think a program that comes into that season to be a legit state contender then you're crazy. Past 2 years they were contendars to win, some unfortunate injuries in these games. Tingle plays in the Ironton game last year im sorry but there is no doubt in my mind they win that game and end up in the state championship game. He finishes the Wheelersburg game they win that game and in my opinion they are in the regional championship game again. I dont think thats some far fetched opinion by any means, Thats 2 regional championship games in 3 years and one state championship in that 3 years also. This didn't happen I know but if it does no doubt we are sitting here having a conversation and considering them a great program. I guess just deferences in opinions. Going, forward we will see what comes of Ridgewood they loose A LOT of leadership, talent, grit, toughness, this is where we will see what is made of a program great programs will find a way to succecced when they have those drop offs they always find a way to prevail. We will see if they are truly a great program.

Ridgewood is not a great D5 program. Kirkland is a GREAT D5 program. Ridgewood is a good program. injuries happen to all teams, great teams overcome them.

I think that Ridgewood has been a great program the past 4 years, If you think a program that comes into that season to be a legit state contender then you're crazy. Past 2 years they were contendars to win, some unfortunate injuries in these games. Tingle plays in the Ironton game last year im sorry but there is no doubt in my mind they win that game and end up in the state championship game. He finishes the Wheelersburg game they win that game and in my opinion they are in the regional championship game again. I dont think thats some far fetched opinion by any means, Thats 2 regional championship games in 3 years and one state championship in that 3 years also. This didn't happen I know but if it does no doubt we are sitting here having a conversation and considering them a great program. I guess just deferences in opinions. Going, forward we will see what comes of Ridgewood they loose A LOT of leadership, talent, grit, toughness, this is where we will see what is made of a program great programs will find a way to succecced when they have those drop offs they always find a way to prevail. We will see if they are truly a great program.
Ridgewood has 7 playoff victories over the last 4 seasons, 2 of which were the result of expanded playoffs against teams that didn't even have winning records. But even if we give them 7, that is still averaging less than 2 playoff victories a year. I'm sorry but that is NOT a great program. There are teams that will get 6 playoff victories this year alone.

Secondly, I agree with you that there was bad luck with Tingle's injury but that actually proves my point. Great programs aren't so reliant on a single player. Ridgewood is a good program. The best in the IVC. The last few years they raised their game due to having a single player that they normally don't have. It sucks that they didn't get a chance to take advantage of Tingle.

Garaway is the Favorite, but would not be shocked if IV wins. Wood has to replace a lot. SV Claymont and TV looking to get up into the top 3. Why does everyone think to be successful you have to win state championships? The MAC and Kirtland are right now the best teams in the state period. If you are judging teams based of them, then yes all other teams are bad.