IVC 2021

Was there ever a chance this week of changing the Garaway and Tusky Valley game like Ridgewood did against Strasburg? Does not seem like this game will help Garaway get ready for the playoffs.
League game but it's going to be UGLY. Hopefully it doesn't get to out of hand but I know some Pirates are looking forward to this.

My hot take is that if IV had played Dover, they’d have beat Ridgewood.
Perhaps. But if Indian Valley gets to play Dover then you have to say TIngle and the rest of the Generals get to keep playing as well.

Bottom line is something is off with Ridgewood. They are just not operating like they were early in the year and are very inconsistent right now. They have 13 days to get it fixed.

Hard to tell anything about Garaway from last night's game. Sounds like they called off the dogs early.
Sandy pummeled Claymont which is what we thought would happen. Such a huge gap from the top 4 in the South to 5-6.
Malvern pummeled Newcs which was also expected
East Canton dominated TCC which was also expected
Feel bad for Buckeye Trail kids losing a game because the other program can't field a team? Completely unacceptable IMO.

Week 10 is going to be fun. Both divisions will basically have championship games. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy for 13 more days.

Perhaps. But if Indian Valley gets to play Dover then you have to say TIngle and the rest of the Generals get to keep playing as well.

Bottom line is something is off with Ridgewood. They are just not operating like they were early in the year and are very inconsistent right now. They have 13 days to get it fixed.

Hard to tell anything about Garaway from last night's game. Sounds like they called off the dogs early.
Sandy pummeled Claymont which is what we thought would happen. Such a huge gap from the top 4 in the South to 5-6.
Feel bad for Buckeye Trail kids losing a game because the other program can't field a team? Completely unacceptable IMO.

Week 10 is going to be fun. Both divisions will basically have championship games. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy for 13 more days.
So instead of saying Indian Valley played a good game, let’s say Ridgewood is not playing well. Indian Valley had 2 turnovers inside the red zone and if they get points on just one of those this is a hole different out come this morning. Hats off to Wood on a great win. Hats off to IV for fighting to the end. Hope all players stay healthy and can make some noise in the playoffs.

I just want to give you a little info on Ridgewood. They didn’t use Tingle in the running game at all last night, and that was designed. He just came back from injury and they didn’t want him carrying the ball much. 2 weeks from now when they play Garaway, don’t look for that to be the case. Tingle will have many more designed runs, and will be much more involved in the offense. Now we will see if Garaway’s D can stop him.

Last edited:
My hot take is that if IV had played Dover, they’d have beat Ridgewood.
Indian Valley only scores were both off of turnovers. Ridgewood didn’t play very well last night and still won. They didn’t involve Tingle in the running game at all (which was by design), and they returned an onside kick that was blown dead. I respect your opinion, but had Tingle not just come off an injury, he would’ve been running a lot more, and would’ve made it much tougher on IV defense. “Ifs” and “buts” mean nothing. Bottom line is IV didn’t play Dover , and IV lost to Ridgewood. Week 10 should be fun, Tingle will be much more involved in the offense, and we will see if the Garaway D is up to the test and can slow him down.

Outsider’s opinion here. Drove in from over an hour for the game….First off, the facility at Indian Valley is incredible. I saw a game at the old field (Ridgewood at IV) in 2019. The old field is better for watching a football game and it had a great atmosphere. Maybe even a better atmosphere. That being said, the new place is top notch. I was very impressed with Indian Valley. Reading this thread you would have thought they were 4 TD dogs. Their defense is impressive and the running game was there at times. The two turnovers inside the 20 yard line killed them. Impressed by their fight to the end. Looking at their roster, I’d say the future is bright for the next couple years.
I could tell Ridgewood was a little off last night. The offense was not in sync. As some of you mentioned, the QB is coming off injury. They did not seem like a threat to Kirtland (or even Ironton) based on how they played. I do see that the potential is there for a semi final run at minimum. For comparison, I was more impressed by the 2019 squad. But again, understand they are not clicking right now…i mean this as a compliment..#2 on Ridgewood mimics the playing style of Manziel at A&M. Good Johnny.. not NFL Johnny. I see a lot of similarities (relatively speaking) . Not saying he’s a future Heisman winner, but his scrambling ability and how he breaks the pocket, elusiveness, and his throwing style is very Manzielesque.

Last edited:
Outsider’s opinion here. Drove in from over an hour for the game….First off, the facility at Indian Valley is incredible. I saw a game at the old field (Ridgewood at IV) in 2019. The old field is better for watching a football game and it had a great atmosphere. Maybe even a better atmosphere. That being said, the new place is top notch. I was very impressed with Indian Valley. Reading this thread you would have thought they were 4 TD dogs. Their defense is impressive and the running game was there at times. The two turnovers inside the 20 yard line killed them. Impressed by their fight to the end. Looking at their roster, I’d say the future is bright for the next couple years.
I could tell Ridgewood was a little off last night. The offense was not in sync. As some of you mentioned, the QB is coming off injury. They did not seem like a threat to Kirtland (or even Ironton) based on how they played. I do see that the potential is there for a semi final run at minimum. For comparison, I was more impressed by the 2019 squad. But again, understand they are not clicking right now…i mean this as a compliment..#2 on Ridgewood mimics the playing style of Manziel at A&M. Good Johnny.. not NFL Johnny. I see a lot of similarities (relatively speaking) . Not saying he’s a future Heisman winner, but his scrambling ability and how he breaks the pocket, elusiveness, and his throwing style is very Manzielesque.
Highly recommend making the trip to West Lafayette Week 10. Place will be electric and will be for the league title. Potentially could be 2 Top 5 teams in the state in D5. Should be a classic!

Was there ever a chance this week of changing the Garaway and Tusky Valley game like Ridgewood did against Strasburg? Does not seem like this game will help Garaway get ready for the playoffs.

I just want to give you a little info on Ridgewood. They didn’t use Tingle in the running game at all last night, and that was designed. He just came back from injury and they didn’t want him carrying the ball much. 2 weeks from now when they play Garaway, don’t look for that to be the case. Tingle will have many more designed runs, and will be much more involved in the offense. Now we will see if Garaway’s D can stop him.
Excuse. Doesn't surprise me though. Tingle was back last week, let's face it the Braves outplayed wood, if not for the turnovers wood could have lost.

Indian Valley only scores were both off of turnovers. Ridgewood didn’t play very well last night and still won. They didn’t involve Tingle in the running game at all (which was by design), and they returned an onside kick that was blown dead. I respect your opinion, but had Tingle not just come off an injury, he would’ve been running a lot more, and would’ve made it much tougher on IV defense. “Ifs” and “buts” mean nothing. Bottom line is IV didn’t play Dover , and IV lost to Ridgewood. Week 10 should be fun, Tingle will be much more involved in the offense, and we will see if the Garaway D is up to the test and can slow him down.
Indian Valley had 3 turnovers themselves. Gabe ran the ball multiple times. It’s all excuses with you. Couple days ago you said IV loses by more than 21. Ridgewood is a great team with a great coach and a great quarterback, but every team faces injuries and adversity not just Ridgewood. Week 10 should be an outstanding game between the Generals and Pirates!

My view, as a Wood supporter, be glad you got out with a win. IV was as expected a real good physical and speed run team. The future looks bright with those 2 RBs. Penalties killed both teams, not sure what was going on with that crew but boy they were flag happy. Week 10 will be great week at The Wood, get there early and soak up the atmosphere. Won't get any better than 2 great teams playing for a trophy.

1. Turnovers are part of the game.

2. Game was 17-0 early in the 4th quarter with the Wood driving for another score. The wheels came off after the pick.

3. Final should have been 24-14 as the refs admitted they blew the call on the onside kick TD return.

4. Previous poster is right. Wood definitely is not the same right now as they were Weeks 1-3 before Tingles injury. I know the competition was way less, but it is obviously easy to tell when a team is clicking and when they aren’t. And if the penalties and turnovers are not cleaned up they are no threat to win the region or make a deep playoff run IMO.

5. Marlington hung with NP last night and had a chance to win. Not a great Phila team this year, but the Wood literally ran that Marlington team out of the stadium in Week 3. That game was over before the end of the 1st quarter.

6. Week 10 will be a great game and atmosphere and the Wood still has 2 weeks to get things fixed.

7. IV is going to be one hell of a team the next 2 years.

Last edited:
So instead of saying Indian Valley played a good game, let’s say Ridgewood is not playing well. Indian Valley had 2 turnovers inside the red zone and if they get points on just one of those this is a hole different out come this morning. Hats off to Wood on a great win. Hats off to IV for fighting to the end. Hope all players stay healthy and can make some noise in the playoffs.
My comments about Ridgewood have nothing to do with Indian Valley. Ridgewood has lacked consistency for weeks now going all the way to Dalton. At times they look phenomenal and at other times they look out of sync. It happened vs. Dalton, East Canton, Tusky Valley, Sandy valley and Indian Valley.

Ridgewood can beat those teams with their B-C game. They won't win in 13 days that way.

Last edited:
My comments about Ridgewood have nothing to do with Indian Valley. Ridgewood has lacked consistency for weeks now going all the way to Dalton. At times they look phenomenal and at other times they look out of sync. It happened vs. Dalton, East Canton, Tusky Valley, Sandy valley and Indian Valley.

Ridgewood can't beat those teams with their B-C game. They won't win in 13 days that way.
Looks matter don’t they…Wood is 8-0. Wood has won 3 straight league titles. NEWSFLASH!!!! This isn’t last years team. It’s the 2021 team. It’s high school football, kids graduate every year, new ones take their place, sometimes more talented ones, sometimes less talented. Keep hoping, keep wishing, keep waiting, keep criticizing…it will happen, the Wood haters’ desires will come true someday in the future, the Wood will lose. Maybe next week against Claymont, maybe week 10 against an undefeated State ranked Garaway team, maybe in 1st round of playoffs, but it will happen eventually. Then all those waiting so desperately for it to happen can jump on with all your “I told you so” comments. I hope all those waiting for that moment really enjoy it, relish in it and your life be fulfilled.

I for one, I am proud of the Ridgewood program. I am proud of the kids. I am proud of the community. I am thankful and appreciative of what the program has achieved the past decade and a half. And unlike many, a loss or losses or a losing season won’t change my perspective on that.

Looks matter don’t they…Wood is 8-0. Wood has won 3 straight league titles. NEWSFLASH!!!! This isn’t last years team. It’s the 2021 team. It’s high school football, kids graduate every year, new ones take their place, sometimes more talented ones, sometimes less talented. Keep hoping, keep wishing, keep waiting, keep criticizing…it will happen, the Wood haters’ desires will come true someday in the future, the Wood will lose. Maybe next week against Claymont, maybe week 10 against an undefeated State ranked Garaway team, maybe in 1st round of playoffs, but it will happen eventually. Then all those waiting so desperately for it to happen can jump on with all your “I told you so” comments. I hope all those waiting for that moment really enjoy it, relish in it and your life be fulfilled.

I for one, I am proud of the Ridgewood program. I am proud of the kids. I am proud of the community. I am thankful and appreciative of what the program has achieved the past decade and a half. And unlike many, a loss or losses or a losing season won’t change my perspective on that.
Say it louder for the people in the back!! These guys want to bash on Ridgewood for WINNING the game last night. I really hope they keep that same energy when Garaway comes to town. The Wood is going to remind everyone just who the champ is in the IVC when they claim their 4th straight league title! ?

Excuse. Doesn't surprise me though. Tingle was back last week, let's face it the Braves outplayed wood, if not for the turnovers wood could have lost.
?? and I remember YOU specifically telling me on here 2 seasons ago that Garaway was going to come into the Wood and beat Ridgewood. After the game, you didn’t say a word. You like to talk before the game. And you like to write checks that Garaway’s players can’t cash. Keep that same energy. See you Week 10, chump.

Last night Ridgewood tied their longest regular season winning streak in school history at 27 games. The other winning streak was 1 game in 08, 10-0 in 2009, 10-0 in 2010, and 6 in 2011 until a week 7 loss against liberty center. Pretty remarkable. Hopefully they break the school record this week against the mustangs.

OK ?

?? and I remember YOU specifically telling me on here 2 seasons ago that Garaway was going to come into the Wood and beat Ridgewood. After the game, you didn’t say a word. You like to talk before the game. And you like to write checks that Garaway’s players can’t cash. Keep that same energy. See you Week 10, chump.
Bringing the past up and I admitted after I was wrong. Dude your like 12, apparently i have checks now, wow ?. Your honestly are embarrassing the good Wood fans on here. Again I have no problem with Ridgewood, I've even went to their playoff games when Garaway was not in. Your so ?grow the f up, or shut the hell up.

I'll be their chump ?

Last night Ridgewood tied their longest regular season winning streak in school history at 27 games. The other winning streak was 1 game in 08, 10-0 in 2009, 10-0 in 2010, and 6 in 2011 until a week 7 loss against liberty center. Pretty remarkable. Hopefully they break the school record this week against the mustangs.
Wow that's awesome and impressive congratulations, I wish all area teams good luck.

Say it louder for the people in the back!! These guys want to bash on Ridgewood for WINNING the game last night. I really hope they keep that same energy when Garaway comes to town. The Wood is going to remind everyone just who the champ is in the IVC when they claim their 4th straight league title!

Bringing the past up and I admitted after I was wrong. Dude your like 12, apparently i have checks now, wow ?. Your honestly are embarrassing the good Wood fans on here. Again I have no problem with Ridgewood, I've even went to their playoff games when Garaway was not in. Your so ?grow the f up, or shut the hell up.

I'll be their chump ?
Ridgewood is 8-0, please tell me again why I would be salty. ? Shut your clown aśś up. I don’t give a damn what you have to say, you’re a homer. You do have a problem with Ridgewood, because you continuously talk down on the program. They beat IV and you still manage to take shots at them. I’ll bring the present up, I don’t need to talk about the past. Ridgewood is currently on a 27 game regular season win streak, and in 2 weeks will be playing for their 4th straight league title. You worry about your Pirates , I’ll worry about the Generals. You tend to care more about Ridgewood losing than you do Garaway winning lmao. Like I said , you do a lot of talking. We will see if your Pirates can back you up. See you in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

What in the world is this comment about? You realize I am a Wood fan and I have family member playing for the team? Get a grip man.

They might be able to sneak that one out.

Last edited:
Ridgewood is 8-0, please tell me again why I would be salty. ? Shut your clown aśś up. I don’t give a damn what you have to say, you’re a homer. You do have a problem with Ridgewood, because you continuously talk down on the program. They beat IV and you still manage to take shots at them. I’ll bring the present up, I don’t need to talk about the past. Ridgewood is currently on a 27 game regular season win streak, and in 2 weeks will be playing for their 4th straight league title. You worry about your Pirates , I’ll worry about the Generals. You tend to care more about Ridgewood losing than you do Garaway winning lmao. Like I said , you do a lot of talking. We will see if your Pirates can back you up. See you in 2 weeks.
Your such a child ? ?? I do alot of talking might want to reread your own post.

Predictions for this week:

Ridgewood 42 Claymont 6 - Generals spend this week preparing for week 10 and play it safe in the game.
Indian Valley 66 Tusky Valley 0 - Indian Valley has 2 blowouts ahead before playoffs They have to play their starters a good amount don't they?
Garaway - 34 Sandy Valley 6 - The gap between the top 3 and SV is large and this will show it once again
Malvern 42 TCC 6 - Malvern rolls into week 10 with ease
Newcomerstown 26 Strasburg 12 - Let's just hope the Tigers field a team in this game
East Canton 27 Buckeye Trail 20 - Best game of the week and a game BT might need to win for week 11 to happen

What in the world is this comment about? You realize I am a Wood fan and I have family member playing for the team? Get a grip man.
Get a grip? About what comment? What did I say that warrants a “get a grip” comment? There are 7 new starters offensively and 6 defensively from last year. QB has missed half the season and is not 100%, yet they are 8-0, should be happy to be where they are.