IUDOGS: 2022 Division VII Top Twenty-Five

Minster will be back, just not sure this year? I wish I knew more about what they have on their O line and returning on D? How are their overall numbers, seemed a little down last year but I know they battled injuries.
I think New Bremen and Ft Loramie are at the top of D7 with St Henry just slightly behind.
what does the Cards have coming back? I know Homan and a RB that didn't play last year, and Loramie has their QB and the WR , but what other starters do they have coming back. You might be right about Minster, lots of youth on the team, and YOUTH usually have trouble winning in the MAC , no matter how talented they are.

Has Burgs numbers improved? Didn’t they lose a great Senior class as well? But an outstanding coach and I believe still return a few very good players. I just think I remember at the end of last season they were worried about numbers heading into this season.
I'm not sure on their numbers. I'm sure the Mechanicsburg faithful can shine some light on this. My thoughts are they went 12-1 last year, steam rolling everyone but Coldwater. Numbers aside, dropping to D7 will only help them, especially with Marion Local moving up to D6.

what does the Cards have coming back? I know Homan and a RB that didn't play last year, and Loramie has their QB and the WR , but what other starters do they have coming back. You might be right about Minster, lots of youth on the team, and YOUTH usually have trouble winning in the MAC , no matter how talented they are.
New Bremen has Holman back at QB (MAC O player of the year & 1st team Safety), Schaefer back at RB. Eyink, Kuenning & Elking back on the line/linebacker. Bambauer, Sailer and Thieman who saw time on offense and defense, and Googeg who would have seen time at H-Back and DB last year if it weren’t for injury in pre-season. Bremen definitely has the skill players to make a deep run, it’s going to be if they can shore up the trenches that will determine how far they go.

Minster's QB will be the 3rd best dual QB in the MAC behind Blasingame and Homan. He would start at QB for every team in the MAC except for New Bremen and maybe Coldwater and Versailles. The majority of the games he plays in he will be the best athlete on the field. As far as Minsters 1 - 9 record last year, in 2019 just 3 years ago ST. Henry was 1 - 9. In H.S. football one year makes a big difference. Hope I am wrong I like Minster being at the bottom of the totem pole.
Did Blasinggame start for the CAVS last year?

I'm not sure on their numbers. I'm sure the Mechanicsburg faithful can shine some light on this. My thoughts are they went 12-1 last year, steam rolling everyone but Coldwater. Numbers aside, dropping to D7 will only help them, especially with Marion Local moving up to D6.
Was just curious to their number situation. I went to the Burg/ WJ game last year and they probably didn’t have but 30 guys. But they were something else though lol.

I would expect New Bremen to be the best D7 team in the MAC. Maybe other MAC fans will disagree.
I think the best team in D7 last year besides ML was St. Henry. I know St. Henry graduated some good talent, but if you go on NFHS and watch their JV games, I think it will be a toss up between NB vs St. Henry.

I think the best team in D7 last year besides ML was St. Henry. I know St. Henry graduated some good talent, but if you go on NFHS and watch their JV games, I think it will be a toss up between NB vs St. Henry.
Last year was just that last year. SH just 3 years ago was 1 - 9, Redskins this year will be closer to 1 - 9 than 9 - 1. SH does not have one 1st team or 2nd team All MAC perfrormer returning. As long as Homan stays healthy NB, ML, and CW are the class of the MAC this year with Versailles and Minster battling for 4th.

Was just curious to their number situation. I went to the Burg/ WJ game last year and they probably didn’t have but 30 guys. But they were something else though lol.
Wow. That kinda squad with 30 dudes. Insanely impressive.

D7 Top 25 2022​

Preseason

1-New Bremen
2-St Henry
3-Lima CC
4-Warren JFK
5-Delphos St John's
6-Fort Recovery
7-New Middletown Springfield
8-Leipsic
9-Newark Catholic
10-McComb
11-Minster
12-Lucas
13-Mechanicsburg
14-Convoy Crestview
15-Fort Loramie
16-Delphos Jefferson
17-Gibsonburg
18-Norwalk St Paul
19-Hillsdale
20-Pandora-Gilboa
21-Ayersville
22-Shadyside
23-Sycamore Mohawk
24-Arlington
25-Edon

D7 Top 25 2022​

Preseason

1-New Bremen
2-St Henry
3-Lima CC
4-Warren JFK
5-Delphos St John's
6-Fort Recovery
7-New Middletown Springfield
8-Leipsic
9-Newark Catholic
10-McComb
11-Minster
12-Lucas
13-Mechanicsburg
14-Convoy Crestview
15-Fort Loramie
16-Delphos Jefferson
17-Gibsonburg
18-Norwalk St Paul
19-Hillsdale
20-Pandora-Gilboa
21-Ayersville
22-Shadyside
23-Sycamore Mohawk
24-Arlington
25-Edon
Certainly an interesting ranking. On the surface, I think Fort Loramie, Mechanicsburg and NSP are ranked too low.

After week 5 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-Warren JFK
2-New Bremen
3-Newark Catholic
4-McComb (+3)
5-Antwerp (+6)
6-Minster (+4)
7-Lima CC (-2)
8-Lucas (-2)
9-Ft Loramie (-1)
10-Mechanicsburg (-6)
11-Leipsic (+1)
12-Lowellville (+3)
13-Ayersville (+3)
14-Pandora-Gilboa (-5)
15-Springfield CC (+7)
16-Salineville Southern (+2)
17-Arlington (-3)
18-Norwalk St Paul (+3)
19-Gibsonburg (+4)
20-St Henry (-7)
21-Danville (+3)
22-New Middletown Springfield (NR)
23-Ft Recovery (NR)
24-Convoy Crestview (-7)
25-Delphos St John's (-5)

After week 7 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-New Bremen
2-Warren JFK
3-Newark Catholic
4-McComb
5-Lima CC
6-Minster
7-Antwerp (+1)
8-Ft Loramie (-1)
9-Ayersville (+3)
10--Mechanicsburg (-1)
11-Gibsonburg (+4)
12-Norwalk St Paul (+5)
13-Pandora-Gilboa (+3)
14-Lucas (-4)
15-Lowellville (-4)
16-New Middletown Springfield (+3)
17-Salineville Southern (+1)
18-Danville (+3)
19-Hillsdale (+5)
20-Delphos St John's (+2)
21-Leipsic (-7)
22-Edgerton (NR)
23-Caldwell (NR)
24-Arlington (-4)
25-Ft Recovery (-2)

After week 8 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-New Bremen
2-Warren JFK
3-Newark Catholic
4-Lima CC (+1)
5-McComb (-1)
6-Antwerp (+1)
7-Minster (-1)
8-Ft Loramie
9-Norwalk St Paul (+3)
10-Gibsonburg (+1)
11-Mechanicsburg (-1)
12-Ayersville (-3)
13-Lucas (+1)
14-New Middletown Springfield (+2)
15-Lowellville (-1)
16-Pandora-Gilboa (-3)
17-Hillsdale (+2)
18-Ft Recovery (+7)
19-Edgerton (+3)
20-Arlington (+4)
21-Delphos St John's (-1)
22-Danville (-4)
22-Ansonia (NR)
24-DeGraff Riverside (NR)
25-Salineville Southern (-8)

After week 8 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-New Bremen
2-Warren JFK
3-Newark Catholic
4-Lima CC (+1)
5-McComb (-1)
6-Antwerp (+1)
7-Minster (-1)
8-Ft Loramie
9-Norwalk St Paul (+3)
10-Gibsonburg (+1)
11-Mechanicsburg (-1)
12-Ayersville (-3)
13-Lucas (+1)
15-Lowellville (-1)
16-Pandora-Gilboa (-3)
17-Hillsdale (+2)
18-Ft Recovery (+7)
19-Edgerton (+3)
20-Arlington (+4)
22-Danville (-4)
22-Ansonia (NR)
I'm a Minster Fan, but at this point , you have to put Loramie in front of the Cats, they beat them pretty good first game of the year, while Minster has improved, the Skins are a Pretty good team

1-New Bremen
2-Warren JFK
3-Newark Catholic
4-Lima CC (+1)
5-McComb (-1)
6-Antwerp (+1)
7-Minster (-1)
8-Ft Loramie
9-Norwalk St Paul (+3)
10-Gibsonburg (+1)
11-Mechanicsburg (-1)
12-Ayersville (-3)
13-Lucas (+1)
15-Lowellville (-1)
16-Pandora-Gilboa (-3)
17-Hillsdale (+2)
18-Ft Recovery (+7)
19-Edgerton (+3)
20-Arlington (+4)
22-Danville (-4)
22-Ansonia (NR)
not sure what part of the state youare from, but Ansonia, Riverside, and Waynesfield Goshen have some pretty good teams this year

I like McComb at 2, their only loss was to Marion Local and have won almost every other game convincingly. Ft Loramie should be ahead of Minster based on head to head, but Minster could move to the top 3 with a win this week. I personally think Waynesfield could be a surprise in 26, some nice size and a couple of really good athletes.

I like McComb at 2, their only loss was to Marion Local and have won almost every other game convincingly. Ft Loramie should be ahead of Minster based on head to head, but Minster could move to the top 3 with a win this week. I personally think Waynesfield could be a surprise in 26, some nice size and a couple of really good athletes.
Not sure how WG measures up. They haven't and won't play even as much as a decent team all year.

Anyone in the nwcc that is located on the north side should join the remaining bvc teams to form a true small school conference that actually has a good roster of competitive teams. Until then, the northern schools in the nwcc will get very little respect even with good records. Look at region 26. The numbers tell the truth.

Not sure how WG measures up. They haven't and won't play even as much as a decent team all year.
I can’t argue with you, my assessment is based on the eye test the one time I saw them, and I’m sure their opponent played a part in that. When I say ‘surprise team’ I mean regional semi’s, maybe.

Anyone in the nwcc that is located on the north side should join the remaining bvc teams to form a true small school conference that actually has a good roster of competitive teams. Until then, the northern schools in the nwcc will get very little respect even with good records. Look at region 26. The numbers tell the truth.
It was never a good league, but it gets worse every time they expand.

After week 9 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-New Bremen
2-Warren JFK
3-Newark Catholic
4-McComb (+1)
5-Lima CC (-1)
6-Ft Loramie (+2)
7-Antwerp (-1)
8-Minster (-1)
9-Mechanicsburg (+2)
10-Lowellville (+5)
11-Gibsonburg (-1)
12-New Middletown Springfield (+2)
13-Norwalk St Paul (-4)
14-Pandora-Gilboa (+2)
15-Lucas (-2)
16-Ansonia (+7)
17-Ayersville (-5)
18-Delphos St John's (+3)
19-Arlington (+1)
20-Hillsdale (-3)
21-Danville (+1)
22-DeGraff Riverside (+2)
23-Ft Recovery (-5)
24-St Henry (NR)
25-Edgerton (-6)

We had 36 players to start the season, 2 quit. 34 is the number now, only 7 seniors and a very good Junior High team who has about 30 players. We have not had a good amount of players since the Romero days.