IUDOGS: 2022 Division V Top Twenty - Five

Yes I'm will aware how good the cold waters and maria stein are I said compete not win, are program is not their yet.
Garaway has a top tier program in eastern ohio. they do things the right way. i’ve always wondered if they pulled many kids from Berlin Hiland due to them not having a football program?

Garaway has a top tier program in eastern ohio. they do things the right way. i’ve always wondered if they pulled many kids from Berlin Hiland due to them not having a football program?
Not as many as you would think. I'm sure a few have moved over the years, but that area doesn't have football for a reason. Now you want to play soccer, baseball or basketball . . . look out.

Garaway vs Coldwater would be a great game. I do believe the Cavs will be very, very good this year. The CW fans will play it down but they birth football players in Mercer and Auglaize Counties. The traditions there and the DNA that floats around is amazing to watch from generation to generation. I married into that DNA pool and those kids do everything at 110%.

Division 5 Top 25​

Preseason
1-Coldwater
2-Ottawa-Glandorf
3- Archbold
4-South Range
5-Perry
6-Port Clinton
7-Liberty Center
8-Valley View
9-Otsego
10-Eastwood
11-Cardinal Mooney
12-Ironton
13-Garfield
14-Garaway
15-Wheelersburg
16-Ridgewood
17-Tinora
18-Harvest Prep
19-Elmwood
20-Manchester
21-North Union
22-Genoa Area
23-Liberty-Benton
24-Huron
25-Milton-Union

Last edited:
Division 5 Top 25​

Preseason

1-Coldwater
2-Ottawa-Glandorf
3- Archbold
4-South Range
5-Perry
6-Port Clinton
7-Liberty Center
8-Valley View
9-Otsego
10-Eastwood
11-Cardinal Mooney
12-Ironton
13-Garfield
14-Garaway
15-Wheelersburg
16-Ridgewood
17-Tinora
18-Harvest Prep
19-Elmwood
20-Manchester
21-North Union
22-Genoa Area
23-Liberty-Benton
24-Huron
25-Norwayne
No Milton Union or Preble Shawnee?

My struggle with having Archbold so high is will they have to find a new identity and go back to being more of an RPO team focused more on the run and quick passes or do they feel they have a QB ready to step in and keep trying to run the system like Newman is back there. Archbold was down 35-21 to Liberty Center with around 6:00 left and it took Newman 2 minutes to put together 130 yards of offense and kicked a perfect onside kick to tie things up before LC drove 70 yards to kick the last second field goal. I'm not even sure their RB had positive yards rushing in that game so It's hard to see how good they will be without Newman and their two very good receivers.

Division 5 Top 25​

Preseason

1-Coldwater
2-Ottawa-Glandorf
3- Archbold
4-South Range
5-Perry
6-Port Clinton
7-Liberty Center
8-Valley View
9-Otsego
10-Eastwood
11-Cardinal Mooney
12-Ironton
13-Garfield
14-Garaway
15-Wheelersburg
16-Ridgewood
17-Tinora
18-Harvest Prep
19-Elmwood
20-Manchester
21-North Union
22-Genoa Area
23-Liberty-Benton
24-Huron
25-Norwayne
These are the teams you know or have heard of. Obviously, no research done here.

I think Norwayne may able to compete pretty well this year returning there qb and all Ohio runningback . Don’t sleep on Norwayne like it seems a lot of people are . Norwayne is a dang good program

1. Coldwater. Favorite to win State.

2. South Range
3. Ottawa Glandorf
4. Wheelersburg
5. Milton-Union

6. Ironton
7. Eastwood
8. Archbold
9. Harvest Prep
10. Brookville

11. Valley View
12. Garaway
13. Liberty Center
14. Garrettsville Garfield
15. Perry

16. Fairland
17. North Union
18. Preble Shawnee
19. Elmwood
20. Norwayne

21. Greeneview
22. Ridgewood
23. Triway
24. Liberty Benton
25. Portsmouth
Move Norwayne to top 12-13

Well it is preseason folks. I know a little and have been around and done my homework. Let's see your top 25!

I forgot Milton-Union who I now have at 25.

Last edited:
they absolutely could, they’re my 3rd or 4th best team on paper. it really depends how the seeding plays out. i would love to see a Norwayne vs Garaway matchup at some point.
Completely agree if it all pans out right would be a great game !… there getting a lot of disrespect from people who don’t know who they are I think lol

Completely agree if it all pans out right would be a great game !… there getting a lot of disrespect from people who don’t know who they are I think lol
yeah, Norwayne being new to D5 hurts them in that aspect, many of the traditional posters of D5 schools aren’t aware of them. i’m pretty familiar with the Wayne/Holmes county football scene- and i know that Norwayne is usually a force in the playoffs. pair that with Kirtland moving down to D6, there’s a good opportunity for them to sustain the same success they’ve had in D5.

i think Norwayne vs Triway would also be a hell of a matchup.

yeah, Norwayne being new to D5 hurts them in that aspect, many of the traditional posters of D5 schools aren’t aware of them. i’m pretty familiar with the Wayne/Holmes county football scene- and i know that Norwayne is usually a force in the playoffs. pair that with Kirtland moving down to D6, there’s a good opportunity for them to sustain the same success they’ve had in D5.

i think Norwayne vs Triway would also be a hell of a matchup.
Agreed!. And on the Norwayne vs Triway part you’d have to catch Triway on a good year there not consistent on being good but sure some years it would be a great game especially back when they had Carmichael Triway was good in the pac last year but the pac was kinda down in my opinion not sure on who all they are returning. Norwayne has been consistently good for the past 13 years and have made playoffs I believe like 11 years out of those 13?

Last edited:
My struggle with having Archbold so high is will they have to find a new identity and go back to being more of an RPO team focused more on the run and quick passes or do they feel they have a QB ready to step in and keep trying to run the system like Newman is back there. Archbold was down 35-21 to Liberty Center with around 6:00 left and it took Newman 2 minutes to put together 130 yards of offense and kicked a perfect onside kick to tie things up before LC drove 70 yards to kick the last second field goal. I'm not even sure their RB had positive yards rushing in that game so It's hard to see how good they will be without Newman and their two very good receivers.
Archbold will still be a very good team, but I agree not the threat to make a run at the state title like they've been the past few years. Newman and his classmates graduating plus moving up to D5 R18 is not a good combination