18. Monroe

19. Dayton Chaminade - Julienne

20. Mansfield Senior

21. Clyde

22.Tallmadge

23. Parma Heights Holy Name

24. Zanesville

25. New Concord John Glenn

What does YOURS 2022 Division III Top Twenty Five look like????

:D :cool: :banana: :giggle: :) :unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

I kind of think this thing is more wide open than it has been in the past few years. Some teams have to replace a number of key spots due to graduation, some have a great QB but questions at other spots and some are new faces that have not been in the Div III playoffs for some time. I think some early season games will go a long way to determining the faves in this division:

VASJ @ Badin
Trotwood Madison @ Winton Woods
Wapakenta @ Maria Stein Marion Local
Bellbrook @ Tipp City Tippecanoe
Benedictine @ Toledo Central Catholic
Akron East @ Dover
Mansfield @ Massillon
Padua @ Ursuline

Not sure about the out of state teams Chardon plays and do they still have an open date in the middle of the season? The thread on Yappi still shows week 7 as open. Also some of the teams on IU's top 10 do not play any big brand names that stand out early in the season, unlike the Div I & II schools many of these programs like to stay in their comfort zone and get that sexy looking regular season record. As an example Western Brown knew this was going to be a good year for their football team, why not put a brand name on the OOC schedule?

Chardon replacing almost entire offense. Do have QB back. Defense returns six guys - five of whom got all Ohio recognition. 89 kids on the roster grades 10-12 and only 10 of them are seniors. Six of the seniors started last year as juniors. The junior and sophomore classes are loaded with big playmakers and the sophomore class is loaded with big o linemen. Question is: how quickly can the youngsters figure it out and how quickly can the coaching staff put the pieces of the puzzle together? Also, have to replace two great all time Chardon players = 4-year starter, Nathaniel Sulka, who started more games than anyone in Chardon history, and tremendous tight end, Alex McDonald - both of whom are now at Youngstown State. The Hilltoppers' ability to platoon is a big advantage in d3 - especially as the season wears on. Still have an open date week 7. The out of state teams have some really talented individuals with offers to places like Alabama and Clemson but as Coach Doyle used to always say: "Your 1-5 may be better than ours but our 6-30 are gonna be better than yours." I hope that's true again this year.

Last edited:
I kind of think this thing is more wide open than it has been in the past few years. Some teams have to replace a number of key spots due to graduation, some have a great QB but questions at other spots and some are new faces that have not been in the Div III playoffs for some time. I think some early season games will go a long way to determining the faves in this division:

VASJ @ Badin
Trotwood Madison @ Winton Woods
Wapakenta @ Maria Stein Marion Local
Bellbrook @ Tipp City Tippecanoe
Benedictine @ Toledo Central Catholic
Akron East @ Dover
Mansfield @ Massillon
Padua @ Ursuline

Not sure about the out of state teams Chardon plays and do they still have an open date in the middle of the season? The thread on Yappi still shows week 7 as open. Also some of the teams on IU's top 10 do not play any big brand names that stand out early in the season, unlike the Div I & II schools many of these programs like to stay in their comfort zone and get that sexy looking regular season record. As an example Western Brown knew this was going to be a good year for their football team, why not put a brand name on the OOC schedule?
Massillon is AT Mansfield.

Y'all going to act like Trotwood doesn't exist? They are a definite top 10 team.
I get you’re saying, I’d have them ranked based on history and returning talent, but to be fair, I’d probably have them ranked low until they prove they are a top 10 team. Going 4-5 last year doesn’t scream for sure top 10 preseason team.

I get you’re saying, I’d have them ranked based on history and returning talent, but to be fair, I’d probably have them ranked low until they prove they are a top 10 team. Going 4-5 last year doesn’t scream for sure top 10 preseason team.
Trotwood has some serious talent in the lower grades, they'll bounce back after getting killed by Winton Woods their 1st game.

D3 Top 25 2022​

Preseason

1-Chardon
2-Benedictine
3-Hamilton Badin
4-Aurora
5-Tiffin Columbian
6-Canfield
7-Bellbrook
8-Chaminade-Julienne
9-Kenston
10-Padua Franciscan
11-Clyde
12-Granville
13-NDCL
14-Wapakoneta
15-London
16-Mansfield
17-Bloom-Carroll
18-Tippecanoe
19-Louisville
20-Trotwood-Madison
21-Sandusky
22-Bishop Watterson
23-New Philadelphia
24-Norwalk
25-Holy Name

D3 Top 25 2022​

Preseason

1-Chardon
2-Benedictine
3-Hamilton Badin
4-Aurora
5-Tiffin Columbian
6-Canfield
7-Bellbrook
8-Chaminade-Julienne
9-Kenston
10-Padua Franciscan
11-Clyde
12-Granville
13-NDCL
14-Wapakoneta
15-London
16-Mansfield
17-Bloom-Carroll
18-Tippecanoe
19-Louisville
20-Trotwood-Madison
21-Sandusky
22-Bishop Watterson
23-New Philadelphia
24-Norwalk
25-Holy Name
Seriously Louisville a top 25 team? their program stinks at best, but I guess thats what opinions are for

The schedule is what kills Louisville.

Louisville
08/19 A Steubenville
08/26 H Poland Seminary
09/02 A Canal Fulton Northwest
09/09 A North Canton Hoover
09/16 H Uniontown Lake
09/23 A Massillon Perry
09/30 H Uniontown Green
10/07 A Canton GlenOak
10/14 H Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
10/21 H Wheeling Linsly School (WV)

The schedule is what kills Louisville.

Louisville
08/19 A Steubenville
08/26 H Poland Seminary
09/02 A Canal Fulton Northwest
09/09 A North Canton Hoover
09/16 H Uniontown Lake
09/23 A Massillon Perry
09/30 H Uniontown Green
10/07 A Canton GlenOak
10/14 H Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
10/21 H Wheeling Linsly School (WV)
That’s an average schedule

IUDOGS has VASJ at 17 and Firestone fan left them completely off the list. In 20 VASJ had a HORRENDOUS 1-7 season but rebounded nicely in '21 with all of the Euclid additions going 7-2. In '22 there are more additions to their roster, I look for a deep playoff run from them. I'd have them at #1 in my poll.

That’s an average schedule
I am not a Leopards fan but it is tough to play a Federal League schedule as a D-III with low numbers. They play 5 Fed schools, Big Red, and Poland Seminary. With their only easier games being Northwest, Linsly and ND-CL. Louisville is not as bad as their record indicates in recent years, they are not great by any means but they will be the best 3 or 4 win team in D-III this year probably. With an average D-III schedule they probably win 6 or 7 games.

IUDOGS has VASJ at 17 and Firestone fan left them completely off the list. In 20 VASJ had a HORRENDOUS 1-7 season but rebounded nicely in '21 with all of the Euclid additions going 7-2. In '22 there are more additions to their roster, I look for a deep playoff run from them. I'd have them at #1 in my poll.
VASJ lost a TON

Call Out Jensen Ackles GIF by ABC Network

From Matt Goul of Cleveland.com
1. Chardon
2. Badin
3. Canfield
4. Bellbrook
5. Western Brown
6. Benedictine
7. Trotwood Madison
8. Cincinnati Hughes
9. Monroe
10. Kenston
First out: Mansfield and Padua

Last edited:
1. Chardon
2. Badin
3. Canfield
4. Bellbrook
5. Western Brown
6. Benedictine
7. Trotwood Madison
8. Cincinnati Hughes
9. Monroe
10. Kenston
First 3 out: Mansfield, Padua, and Hamilton Ross
Hamilton Ross is D2 now. No way in hell Hughes is that high.

1. Chardon
2. Badin
3. Canfield
4. Bellbrook
5. Western Brown
6. Benedictine
7. Trotwood Madison
8. Cincinnati Hughes
9. Monroe
10. Kenston
First 3 out: Mansfield, Padua, and Hamilton Ross