It's really early....But hey lets make some bold perdictions

I wouldn't be opposed to playing Green again. Ellet dropped two competitive games back in '01 and '02, 21-14 and 10-0.

What were you wearing when the Ellet 8th graders played St. Christine's last fall, I know you were there. Was that you in the all green track suit or how about the heavier set fellow with Tallmadge gear on sitting with two kids?

As a team they may not impress you (nothing anti-Tallmadge usually does) but they do have some talented players.:thumb:

I imagine he was standing about the 50 yard line with a black and white stripped shirt and a whistle.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing Green again. Ellet dropped two competitive games back in '01 and '02, 21-14 and 10-0.

What were you wearing when the Ellet 8th graders played St. Christine's last fall, I know you were there. Was that you in the all green track suit or how about the heavier set fellow with Tallmadge gear on sitting with two kids?

As a team they may not impress you (nothing anti-Tallmadge usually does) but they do have some talented players.:thumb:

I was niether.

And I'm not saying that Ellet doesn't have talented 8th grader's. I know a couple of them. All I'm saying is, they are not a dominant group. And do you know if all of them are going to continue at Ellet?

Moving on....

How good will the RBs older bro be? I heard that he is a lot better than Ivory, who was very good last year. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

This is great for Ellet. People are talking about Ellet!!!! WHen was the last time this happened??!!!! Well, besides that dude named Tha Bank talked all about the Ellet Cheerleaders!

Ellet will be good next season,:dang:
then they have a drop in talent.... :)

8th grade team was and will be good but as GRP said not dominate by any stretch and it will be 2 years before that matters to yost anyways.

All I know is in Garfield has dominated Green, winning 5 of 6. During that time Garfield has at best been a middle of the pack City Series team. I believe two years ago even Kenmore lost to Green by only a point. Guaranteed this will be twisted somehow by those with the Suburban shades on.

Didn't Chris Wells play for two of those teams that beat Green and another year Garfield had a couple of big named kids.

All I know is in Garfield has dominated Green, winning 5 of 6. During that time Garfield has at best been a middle of the pack City Series team. I believe two years ago even Kenmore lost to Green by only a point. Guaranteed this will be twisted somehow by those with the Suburban shades on.

And Garfield was 4-3 vs. Ellet over that same stretch.

Bingo! Ellet was 3-4 against Garfield and Green was 1-5 in the same timeframe. Hardly a positive for Green. Who knows, they don't play each other so it's a mute point.

This where your statement doesn't completely pan out.

Ellet will be good next season,:dang:
then they have a drop in talent.... :)

8th grade team was and will be good but as GRP said not dominate by any stretch and it will be 2 years before that matters to yost anyways.

Hmmm...will be interesting. I thought they had some nice Fr. and Sophs. last year in addition to the 8th grade team.

I hope them there youngsters don't do something crazy and actually continue to develop and get better as they get older!:thumb:

Btw, good news Ellet fans, my stepsons will be playing 5th and 8th grade football for the orange and blue this season. Come see my 5th grader, he was a stud for Coventry youth last year, they're surely gonna miss him!

Hmmm...will be interesting. I thought they had some nice Fr. and Sophs. last year in addition to the 8th grade team.

I hope them there youngsters don't do something crazy and actually continue to develop and get better as they get older!:thumb:

Btw, good news Ellet fans, my stepsons will be playing 5th and 8th grade football for the orange and blue this season. Come see my 5th grader, he was a stud for Coventry youth last year, they're surely gonna miss him!

Their whole secondary and RBs were all 10th graders...FB a junior

Their freshman class is very big. Jake Jones, a freshman started at right tackle every game for ELLet last year. Sanders and another big athletic kid got valuable varsity playing time. Ellet will be pretty good for the next few years. There is an 8th grader coming in (did not play for the middle school team) that will be a D1 kid if he can learn the X and Os. He is a very strong kid that is athletic as ever

Right worm, a very good soph and freshman class. Not to mention about 10 jr starters returning. Look for Sanders and the fresh TE (6'3" 240 LBS) to move to the OL. I believe Jake Jones (6'3" 200 lbs) will be moved to TE. Too good an athlete to play OT. He was the 8th grade starting QB. Future looks bright.

Dang, Ellet looks like it can own the City Series for the next 3-4 years with these kids in the upcoming classes. Awesome.