Is there a list of fastest XC times ever recorded for OH runners?

View attachment 33572View attachment 33573

This is straight from Ohio Milesplit. I'm sure some are missing, but

This year has been fast. No doubt the lack of rain the past two months in Ohio has made courses unusually fast. All-times lists have been affected on both boys and girls sides. I'll put out two updates this season. One after next weekend (Sep 30) races, and a final year-end all-time list after the end of the season in early December. Javman83 is on the job.
In central Ohio, considering the weather and field conditions mentioned, runners are waiting for those late-season "PR" courses like Thomas Worthington H.S. That's where Pick North's Matt Duval went under 15:00 a few years ago. A great course except for the transitons that are on an asphalt bike trail.

The Worthington course isn't quite as fast as it had been. They've added some netting and flared the corners in the lower half. Added maybe 30m-40m to it from when Matt ran there.

The Worthington course isn't quite as fast as it had been. They've added some netting and flared the corners in the lower half. Added maybe 30m-40m to it from when Matt ran there.
Even on the previous course, if was even a lttle wet, the kids lost speed on the trail. It's a nice course overall.

I vaguely recall Brittany Tinsley from Indian Lake ran sub-17:00 sometime during the regular season of her senior XC campaign (2004), but I don't know where and when the race occurred. Tinsley was 1 of many fine Ohio distance runners who took her talents to Raleigh, NC.

UPDATE:
Tinsley was clocked at 16:57.3 at the Anna Invitational on Oct. 9, 2004.
Call the course short like some have, but Brit' was rolling that day.

In reviewing/compiling XC results (boys' sub-15 / girls sub-18) from past Kinney/Foot Locker nationals and midwest championships, it has opened my eyes into just how rare it is for boys to go sub-15 and for girls to go sub-17. I hadn't realized how rare that is until now. While courses differ, especially given conditions, it does give you an appreciation of just how difficult it is, and just how impressive those performances are. CJ Robinson's 16:40.4 win in 1981, while definitely on a flat, fast course, is still damned impressive 41 years later!
1695997046814.png

The hill after the start and the return down can make or break your footlocker race. With so many competitors you don't have a lot of room to pass. Awesome course.
Not often is the first mile so important in a 5k race.

Last edited:
Boys' & Girls' All-Time XC lists have been updated throught September. 2023 additions highlighted in GREEN.

Attachments

• Men's All-Time Cross Country Lists - Sep 2023.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Women's All-Time Cross Country Lists - Sep 2023.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 47
Boys' & Girls' All-Time XC lists have been updated throught September. 2023 additions highlighted in GREEN.
Thanks for compiling the lists! Chad Johnson was Division 3. Scott Fry also ran 14:49 at the 1984 Galion Invitational.

Last edited:
Thanks for compiling the lists! Chad Johnson was Division 3. Scott Fry also ran 14:49 at the 1984 Galion Invitational.
Thank you. Fry's 14:49 has been added to the list from 22 Sep 1984 @ Galion. I'll update the lists again at the end of the XC season after the nationals' meet(s).