Is the US irreparably split

Thank you. Some of the things people are saying online (or even in person) seem disconnected from reality to me. But it's not like the South reinstated slavery. Now the country does indeed have economic problems which are going to have to be rectified, but as far as irreparably split? No way.

There won’t be another civil war as there was. An insurgency that takes down the government is way more likely.

I would say that younger generations are not loyal. Not to sound old but there was a time when loyalty was valued. I don't see that anymore. Jobs, sports, communities, philosophies, ideologies, or traditions. The younger generations seem to enjoy trying to start a tradition while breaking century old traditions in the name of progress.
Loyalty is a two way street. I do agree with a lot of what you say here, but I would also say that many traditional institutions have never had any semblance of loyalty to those in my generation...and have in fact been disintegrating for at least 2-3 decades.

Society decided that competition and the individual trumped loyalty and community long ago. Whether it's offshoring for cheaper labor, relocating for tax incentives, lapsing from practiced religion, marital loyalty, or just moving your kid to the neighboring community's school for athletic purposes, or any number of other changes to the traditional norm. The boomers ushered in a lot of these changes, and quite ironically many are now trying to live a revisionist history where it's everyone else's fault that society is increasingly breaking from tradition.

Whether it's offshoring for cheaper labor, relocating for tax incentives, lapsing from practiced religion, marital loyalty, or just moving your kid to the neighboring community's school for athletic purposes, or any number of other changes to the traditional norm.
The government is welcome to change course on these things any time they want. But there is no caucus I see at all interested in this. That overseas child labor might be a bad thing we shouldn't condone has strangely become a radical concept. We don't care as a country. Period.

I agree in principle with you this. A attack in 2001 did a pretty good job of uniting America.

That event will come. People get upset about trivial things when they have it too easy. Give us something to really worry about and work to solve and we will unite.

Examples of things that may unite-
1- an attack on our sovereignty
2- a natural disaster that threatens human life such as a large meteor headed for earth.
3-climate change that results in food shortages
4- Biden winning a second term

All those things would unite us to fight for our survival.
Our sovereignty is under attack right now.

As long as campaign cash is needed and tied to Party, they will all be tied to Party.

Seems obvious enough ?
You think the younger generations have the same values and beliefs as the old guard now in charge? Do they have the same party loyalty? The independent voters is the largest voting block in the United States. Issues are more important than party for many voters.
Disillusioned With Dems and GOP, Independents Now …

Our sovereignty is under attack right now.
Mildly. A severe attack such as military action on our soil or atomic warfare that takes out the entire city of Washington DC on the night of the state of the union address is more the galvanizing action I was thinking about.

I would say that younger generations are not loyal. Not to sound old but there was a time when loyalty was valued. I don't see that anymore. Jobs, sports, communities, philosophies, ideologies, or traditions. The younger generations seem to enjoy trying to start a tradition while breaking century old traditions in the name of progress.
As they should.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
* The left swallowed a boatload of hubris and pushed to hard and to fast. Suddenly the frog noticed that the water was heating up and it hurt.
Forcing the lefts hand into exposing themselves is one of the best things Trump did.

Younger generations are not party loyal. They are loyal to idea’s more than anything else.

There’s an argument out there to be had about placing age limits on elected officials. Why are we allowing those with less time left to make decisions for those with more?
When I was young late teens early 20's hardly anyone in that age group talked politics. Today I see young people at sporting events with trump flags or trump masks on, never even saw kids waving an American flag maybe a commie flag by some kid for the fun of it back in the 70's, youngsters today or more political than ever.

What other country has as many different nationalities as America? It is surprising we have lasted this long. I am fine either way split or don't split just keep your paws off my money - big brother.

The biggest change in our politics is the left embracing big government, when I was young the left despised "the man - big brother), now they embrace big govt.
today The man is woman and is Big Leftist Sister. 70% of women will and forever trade liberty for big government “security”

You think the younger generations have the same values and beliefs as the old guard now in charge? Do they have the same party loyalty? The independent voters is the largest voting block in the United States. Issues are more important than party for many voters.
Disillusioned With Dems and GOP, Independents Now …
Of course not. No one said that^. They never have. ?‍♂️

They will conform to the money and lie to their original supporters. Bit by bit, inch by inch. Joe Biden was a young man once. You've seen the pic I've posted of Queen Nancy as a young debutante, meeting JFK, right ?

There is nothing new, at all, about AOC's politics, for example. She is the new face on a 70 yr old plan. New buzzwords, different pop culture references, an alarmingly powerful new tool in Twitter, etc, but "there is nothing new under the sun", boy. You'll see, eventually, maybe......

Last edited:

They will conform to the money and lie to their original supporters. Bit by bit, inch by inch. Joe Biden was a young man once. You've seen the pic I've posted of Queen Nancy as a young debutante, meeting JFK, right ?

There is nothing new, at all, about AOC's politics, for example. She is the new face on a 70 yr old plan. New buzzwords, different pop culture references, etc, but "there is no new thing under the sun", boy. You'll see, eventually, maybe......
Yes.. there is nothing new under the sun.
Goes all the way back to original sin…
Original Sin is Ye be like God and do what thou wilt.
Ye be like God and do what thou wilt is full steam ahead in America and the entire western world.

Do any of you ever see a day when the US will ever be united again or is our great experiment finally at an end after just 250 years.
I can never see myself ever agreeing on anything with the leftist, what about it
as long as the left continues to support abortion I'll refuse to be persuaded on any thing they want to accomplice. It starts there.

Yes.. there is nothing new under the sun.
Goes all the way back to original sin…
Original Sin is Ye be like God and do what thou wilt.
Ye be like God and do what thou wilt is full steam ahead in America and the entire western world.
Yes, you are correct.

A prominent ideological hero of the Left has written a book called "Good Without God". Seems innocuous enough, but if you look a little bit, he's actually spitting on 777 and selling 666. The very title says "666", if one "has ears to hear".

"Decoding the riddle" is actually pretty simple, if you have a very basic understanding of Hebrew numerology circa 70 AD. "Occam's Razor" and all that. No need to get lost in the weeds with "the 666 riddle" of Revelation like some goof counting letters in Reagan's name or some such silliness.

The really cool thing is that the author is a Harvard PhD, so the Left will have a big head start selling their "appeal to expertise" if/when they begin leaning harder on the guy's philosophy in public.

Last edited:

There is nothing new, at all, about AOC's politics, for example. She is the new face on a 70 yr old plan. New buzzwords, different pop culture references, an alarmingly powerful new tool in Twitter, etc, but "there is no new thing under the sun", boy. You'll see, eventually, maybe......
JFK: “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,

Now it is just the opposite. I don't want the gov. to do anything for me but quit giving money to lazy a**** who don't want to work and quit giving money to muti billion-dollar companies like Intel.

JFK: “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,

Now it is just the opposite. I don't want the gov. to do anything for me but quit giving money to lazy a**** who don't want to work and quit giving money to muti billion-dollar companies like Intel.
The Intel move was made necessary by both Parties, sadly enough. Sometimes MAGA will have to be subsidized, after years of fiddling while our industrial base has been sold for parts to the globe.

What other country has as many different nationalities as America? It is surprising we have lasted this long. I am fine either way split or don't split just keep your paws off my money - big brother.
This is why it's imperative that in teaching history and civics schools stress unifying themes. They should be pounding it into the heads of our kids how many ways we are alike and share a common history & culture. Instead they emphasize our differences! They call out past injustices and pick at the scabs of division.

Reactions: y2h

For this to work at the federal level the government must avoid doing things to us. And raiding the home of an ex POTUS supported by half the country and hiring 86,000 more IRS agents sure looks like the feds are trying to do things to us.

The biggest change in our politics is the left embracing big government, when I was young the left despised "the man - big brother), now they embrace big govt.
Not only did they embrace "big government" they weaponized it and pointed it in the direction of half of America.

There won’t be another civil war as there was. An insurgency that takes down the government is way more likely.
I agree that the chances of a hot civil war are very low - thank God. My sense is that devolution of the country along the lines of the United Kingdom devolving into Wales, Scotland and England is in our future.

For this to work at the federal level the government must avoid doing things to us. And raiding the home of an ex POTUS supported by half the country and hiring 86,000 more IRS agents sure looks like the feds are trying to do things to us.
Were you fooled into thinking they were actually hiring 86,000 more agents? You should probably look into that, because it's inaccurate.

Were you fooled into thinking they were actually hiring 86,000 more agents? You should probably look into that, because it's inaccurate.
Then what's the accurate number? Don't call it "inaccurate" without providing that bit of information. And a link to your source would be nice to.

Yes, you are correct.

A prominent ideological hero of the Left has written a book called "Good Without God". Seems innocuous enough, but if you look a little bit, he's actually spitting on 777 and selling 666. The very title says "666", if one "has ears to hear".

"Decoding the riddle" is actually pretty simple, if you have a very basic understanding of Hebrew numerology circa 70 AD. "Occam's Razor" and all that. No need to get lost in the weeds with "the 666 riddle" of Revelation like some goof counting letters in Reagan's name or some such silliness.

The really cool thing is that the author is a Harvard PhD, so the Left will have a big head start selling their "appeal to expertise" if/when they begin leaning harder on the guy's philosophy in public.
The WEF has all of this in writing. There is no conspiracy. It is in the open for all to see. 666 in Revelation is nothing more than the number for man. 666 means that it is man who thinks he is God. 666 is a perversion of God’s creation.