Is evil learned or is it just part of one's genetic makeup?

There are certainly good eggs and bad eggs.

The depth of one's base nature (good or bad) will obviously vary, and life experiences will definitely have an effect on those feelings and how they play out.

Can you train a "good person' to be bad? Maybe but it will be a lot more challenging than a "bad person".

Most behaviours are learned.
Garbage in.
Garbage out.

What parents permit, they endorse and many kids learn very bad behavior.

Two avenues those kids take:
Monkey see, monkey do or they learn how they do NOT want to be.

Most behaviours are learned.
Garbage in.
Garbage out.

What parents permit, they endorse and many kids learn very bad behavior.

Two avenues those kids take:
Monkey see, monkey do or they learn how they do NOT want to be.
I disagree.

My wife was adopted as a week old baby. Nearly 30 years later she met her birth mother and father. Her mannerisms mimicked her birth parents to an uncanny degree. Thirty plus years of being taught could not outweigh genetics.

Evil, like mannerisms, is genetic.

I disagree.

My wife was adopted as a week old baby. Nearly 30 years later she met her birth mother and father. Her mannerisms mimicked her birth parents to an uncanny degree. Thirty plus years of being taught could not outweigh genetics.

Democrat's should be for mandatory abortions for felons.

There are certainly good eggs and bad eggs.

The depth of one's base nature (good or bad) will obviously vary, and life experiences will definitely have an effect on those feelings and how they play out.

Can you train a "good person' to be bad? Maybe but it will be a lot more challenging than a "bad person".

I have a dollar. Let's find out shall we.

I disagree.

I too was adopted. Never knew and have never known my birth parents. I have no immediate desire to seek them out at age 40 but have often wondered if I am at all like them or if I have succumb to the mannerisms of my adopted parents.

I disagree.

I agree some actions are hereditary, but I also believe many actions are learned.
It is the nature vs nurture discussion and I believe both are valid.

All in all.....a kid has a better chance at being a good, law abiding citizen if they were raised by two good, law abiding citizens than if they were raised by hooligans.

It is not a guarantee either way

I agree some actions are hereditary, but I also believe many actions are learned.
It is the nature vs nurture discussion and I believe both are valid.

All in all.....a kid has a better chance at being a good, law abiding citizen if they were raised by two good, law abiding citizens than if they were raised by hooligans.

It is not a guarantee either way
I can agree with this but I'll add a little to it.

1. Evil behavior can be learned so the culture and environment one lives can cause one to do evil and wrong.
2. I do believe in the "bad seed" I think there are some people that no matter how good the environment is, they were brought up in, they will do evil things in life because it's in their DNA, Genes or whatever.