Intersting Transfer - Former SLC QB to Oklahoma

SLCDad

The son of the new SLC head coach will transfer to Oklahoma. Chase Wasson was red shirted his freshman year so he has one year of eligibility left at Texas State University. He is graduating from Texas State this year so he won't hang around to play football since he won't be in school. He has been granted a release by Texas State and will enroll in graduate school at Oklahoma.

An interesting twist is that former SLC coach, Todd Dodge, will coach his first game as a college coach at Oklahoma.

It's nice that Chase has a chance to continue his education with a chance to compete for a major D1 school. Who knows if he has a chance to see any action. Oklahoma needs a QB so we'll see.

http://www.star-telegram.com/288/story/64472.html

Almost sounds like he will be a graduate assistant coach/player to add some maturity to the QB position. Having missed spring drills, I would not expect much playing time. Impressed he graduated in 4 years. I would assume he took several AP coarses at SLC and placed out of some hours. He will experience culture shock moving from San Marcos to Norman. I applaud the kid on everything but his choice in schools.

Almost sounds like he will be a graduate assistant coach/player to add some maturity to the QB position. Having missed spring drills, I would not expect much playing time. Impressed he graduated in 4 years. I would assume he took several AP coarses at SLC and placed out of some hours. He will experience culture shock moving from San Marcos to Norman. I applaud the kid on everything but his choice in schools.
You are probably right regarding the playing time. It is nice to see a player graduate and move on the grad school. Good for him. Maybe he can squeeze out a scholarship. THAT would really be nice.

If he stayed in San Marcos he could have worked on his grad degree while on scholarship there.

Like I said on another forum, congrats to him seems like a good deal, but I now wish failure on him like I do every sooner.

If he stayed in San Marcos he could have worked on his grad degree while on scholarship there.

Like I said on another forum, congrats to him seems like a good deal, but I now wish failure on him like I do every sooner.

Well . . . . I hope Chase Wasson wins the Heisman with Garrett Hartley kicking 70 yard FGs but Oklahoma losing every game.