Interesting D2 Battle this Saturday - Revere vs. Bay

Always a big matchup. lots of state finals appearances between them. Certainly the 2 best programs up north this year.

Should be a good one. Both teams are 5-0-2.

bay.PNG

revere.PNG

After this win you have to figure they are favorites from here out.
We'll have to see what Howland can do. A 3-1 win at ontario while only conceding in the last minute of the game is a pretty decent result as well.

That being said right now I'd put Revere 1 and Howland 2.

Bay beat Ontario 3-2 at home

Ontario travels to Revere the last game

There's also Lexington who tied Ontario 0-0 and lost at Bay 1-0

Lima Shawnee is also out there.

there should be some excellent games come playoff time

We'll have to see what Howland can do. A 3-1 win at ontario while only conceding in the last minute of the game is a pretty decent result as well.

True. Everyone you listed are good teams. Once we hit the "Sweet 16" it seems like it'll be a bit of luck to getting the ball to bounce your way.

Last year, I checked out the goals allowed by Howland each season since the current coach arrived there. It's a pretty extraordinary record. This is a team that has to be taken very, very seriously in D2.

Last year, I checked out the goals allowed by Howland each season since the current coach arrived there. It's a pretty extraordinary record. This is a team that has to be taken very, very seriously in D2.
559 minutes with no goals allowed this year until the last minute of the Ontario game. And only one goal given up through the entire state tournament on their way to the D2 title last year.

Definitely a let down game after the Ontario win on Saturday. Rainy conditions but Boardman just simply outplayed them. Good win for the Spartans. Boarmans first win against Howland since 2004. Salad76 would know more.

I was at the Howland_ Boardman game. Boardman was really fired up for this game. Howland had numerous offside penalties where a player was a step or less offsides on clear breakaway one on one's against Boardmans goalie. Just was a night where Boardman played there hearts out from start to finish. Looking forward to their rematch in a few weeks and expect Howland to come out strong.

Boardman's a good side, Howland just lost, it happens.

Last year, in my opinion, Bay was a better team than Howland; out-played them in the game, just couldn't finish, and Howland finished one of the few chances they had. This year, Bay is not last year's side; still good, but not last year's side.

Boardman's a good side, Howland just lost, it happens.

Last year, in my opinion, Bay was a better team than Howland; out-played them in the game, just couldn't finish, and Howland finished one of the few chances they had. This year, Bay is not last year's side; still good, but not last year's side.
A good point, especially in soccer, though Howland doesn't lose often...and they never give up 4 goals.

Prior to last nights game:
2021 (not including last night): 7-0-0 with 1 goal allowed all season (now 7-1-0 with 5 goals allowed)
2020: 22-0-1 with 6 goals allowed in 23 games (never more than 1)
2019: 21-1-1 with 11 goals allowed in 23 games (only time more than 1 in 3-2 state semifinal win)
2018: 14-3-2 with 12 goals allowed in 19 games (allowed 2 goals in both regular season losses and 3 goals in the district final defeat)
2017: 16-3-1 with 7 goals allowed in 20 games (never more than 1)
2016: 15-1-2 with 7 goals allowed in 18 games (never more than 1 in regulation; gave up 2 in 2-1 overtime tournament defeat)
2015: 15-2-1 with 14 goals allowed in 18 games (gave up 3 in unusual 8-3 regular season victory and in 3-0 tourney loss; game up 2 in one other game)
2014: 12-2-4 with 9 goals allowed in 18 games (gave up 2 goals on 4 occasions and shutouts in all other games...except 1-0 overtime tournament loss)
2013 (first year with current coach): 11-2-4 with 15 goals allowed in 17 games (gave up 2 goals in one regular game and in 2-0 tournament loss)

This is a pretty astounding years long defensive effort. I wonder if any Ohio team (St. Ignatius comes to mine; Carroll, CVCA, and Madeira are other programs I'd like to check) has ever given up less over a 9-season period. My guess is no.

A good point, especially in soccer, though Howland doesn't lose often...and they never give up 4 goals.

2021 (not including last night): 7-0-0 with 1 goal allowed all season (now 7-1-0 with 5 goals allowed)
2019: 21-1-1 with 11 goals allowed in 23 games (only time more than 1 in 3-2 state semifinal win)
2018: 14-3-2 with 12 goals allowed in 19 games (allowed 2 goals in both regular season losses and 3 goals in the district final defeat)
2016: 15-1-2 with 7 goals allowed in 18 games (never more than 1 in regulation; gave up 2 in 2-1 overtime tournament defeat)
2015: 15-2-1 with 14 goals allowed in 18 games (gave up 3 in unusual 8-3 regular season victory and in 3-0 tourney loss; game up 2 in one other game)
2014: 12-2-4 with 9 goals allowed in 18 games (gave up 2 goals on 4 occasions and shutouts in all other games...except 1-0 overtime tournament loss)
2013 (first year with current coach): 11-2-4 with 15 goals allowed in 17 games (gave up 2 goals in one regular game and in 2-0 tournament loss)

This is a pretty astounding years long defensive effort. I wonder if any Ohio team (St. Ignatius comes to mine; Carroll, CVCA, and Madeira are other programs I'd like to check) has ever given up less over a 9-season period. My guess is no.
Checking St. Ignatius records at ossca.org since the 2004 season, they've had seasons allowing 5, 7, 9 and 9 in the past 17 seasons. Granted, St. Ignatius is playing an unbelievable schedule and has gone deep in the tournament all but a few of those seasons. Nonetheless, Howland's defense has been extraordinary under the current coach.

Little over half a goal per game for almost 10 years now.

At howland since 2013

157 games played

94 clean sheets

87 goals conceded

134-15-16

Also his last year at Fitch they were 17-1 and gave up only 7 goals

Not bad.

Little over half a goal per game for almost 10 years now.

At howland since 2013

157 games played

94 clean sheets

87 goals conceded

134-15-16

Also his last year at Fitch they were 17-1 and gave up only 7 goals

Not bad.
Throw in the state championship and another championship game appearance, very few coaches have had as fine a decade of coaching.