Input Wanted

Hi there,

Would you like an indoor baseball/softball facility near you? With your feedback, that can happen. The facility would be to your son, daughter, or team's advantage. Let me know what you think and any input/questions are wanted. Thanks!

Hi there,

Would you like an indoor baseball/softball facility near you? With your feedback, that can happen. The facility would be to your son, daughter, or team's advantage. Let me know what you think and any input/questions are wanted. Thanks!

SWOBAT is 15 minutes away. :help:

I was hoping someone would say that. Google maps claims SWOBAT is farther away from Colerain compared to our proposed location on Harrison Ave. We would offer more for west side high schools. Especially Colerain, considering I am a grad.

That is definitely something we are considering. I will keep you updated on any ideas or decisions that take place in regards to that. Thanks for the input.

Usually places like this that have lessons and personal instruction that have a name attached to it. Do you have former minor league players or coaches that may help with the recruitment to the business? The people willing to pay for these lessons don't want Johnny from the Olympian Club giving my Joey lessons.

That is all still in the works. One thing that I have found is that the big name guys are great, but college players or coaches are just as good because they are younger and can better connect with the players. But, like you said, minor or major league players are definitely an asset to the organization. Being on the west side, we hope to bring in players from that part of town. I went to Colerain, so I hope to use that as a good recruiting tool. We're also hoping to contact some former players who played in college and the pros from Oak Hills, Elder, Lasalle, etc.

Check out Cincinnati Thunder Volleyball Club.

cincinnatithundervolleyball.com

If thats the place in Western Hills I already did. My daughter plays @ Courts for Sports and I want someplace equal to them or Cincy Classics.

Hi there,

There are over two dozen such converted Industrial facilities within 35 minutes of Colerain...

SWOBAT, Soccer City, Champions, the Plex etc are great for conditioning and having a little larger area to run drills or modified games.

However; If you are talking a "TRUE indoor facility" that can host softball/baseball like say, the Dome in Ft Wayne people will come to you from a two hour radius of Colerain....Other than that you may be wasting your money like many others before you...

Like many others before me?? Can you provide some examples. We are also now focusing on volleyball too. Are you saying that Colerain, Elder, Oak Hills, etc. baseball teams would rather drive to SWOBAT in West Chester as opposed to a more local facility? Our floor plans have a turf field that is 120 x 120. This is bigger than SWOBAT meaning any high school team could take a realistic infield and scrimmage. Softball teams and Little League teams could play games. Not to mention volleyball teams (based on the feedback I have received) would make use of a facility located on the west side.

Like many others before me?? Can you provide some examples. We are also now focusing on volleyball too. Are you saying that Colerain, Elder, Oak Hills, etc. baseball teams would rather drive to SWOBAT in West Chester as opposed to a more local facility? Our floor plans have a turf field that is 120 x 120. This is bigger than SWOBAT meaning any high school team could take a realistic infield and scrimmage. Softball teams and Little League teams could play games. Not to mention volleyball teams (based on the feedback I have received) would make use of a facility located on the west side.

You really need a wood/tile floor for volleyball.

Roses Home Plate on Glennway, Western Hills baseball academy off I believe Ferguson and the one off of Crookshank all back in the late 80s early 90s...Ran for 2 -5 years now empty or torn down...

Fairfield currently has three large industrial buildings that were converted now empty...I am sure with the right marketing and pricing you can make it work, SWOBAT is short lived in my opinion... the past two years we have been going out there not much is going on... Miami Town is priced right and Tim has added another building 200 long by 80 wide.It is broken up into 4 lanes and a area about 70x60 for $20 per hour...

If you are talking playing games 120x120 is still small especially for baseball since the base pads are 90 feet...

Last edited:
Roses Home Plate on Glennway, Western Hills baseball academy off I believe Ferguson and the one off of Crookshank all back in the late 80s early 90s...Ran for 2 -5 years now empty or torn down...

Fairfield currently has three large industrial buildings that were converted now empty...I am sure with the right marketing and pricing you can make it work, SWOBAT is short lived in my opinion... the past two years we have been going out there not much is going on... Miami Town is priced right and Tim has added another building 200 long by 80 wide.It is broken up into 4 lanes and a area about 70x60 for $20 per hour...

If you are talking playing games 120x120 is still small especially for baseball since the base pads are 90 feet...

bingo!

well said...what Cincinnati is truly missing is a place like Spano Dome in Akron or The Dome in Ft. Wayne, IN were teams can not only train but winter indoor tournaments can be played ever weekend from December through early March. I'm tired of driving 3+ hours for my DD to play in a quality event each winter. As for simple tunnels and training, there are plenty already in existence and I'm not really sure another one is needed or going to provide anything 'special' comprared to the what is already in existence and within an easy drive of Colerain.

I appreciate the feedback. I am a younger guy and did not know those places previously existed. I play college baseball and we go to SWOBAT when weather is not cooperating. Lucky for us, we haven't had to go up there yet this spring. We can take a rather realistic "infield" and also play live games with the infield only. On the turf field in SWOBAT which is smaller than 120 x 120, there are always highschool softball and Little League games going on. It is my dream to have a huge indoor and outdoor facility that would basically meet any need for any sport. I think starting with a facility of this nature is a good place to start. There are a lot of high school hitting leagues throughout the city (at least there was when I played) and most of them are in small batting cages. I think a field this size would make these leagues more competitive and somewhat realistic for high schoolers. We have a lot of ideas for baseball/softball.

If thats the place in Western Hills I already did. My daughter plays @ Courts for Sports and I want someplace equal to them or Cincy Classics.

What exactly do you mean by "equal"?

Sure they have more teams, but quality doesn't mean quantity all the time.

Just my opinion. But I know the Cincinnati Thunder 15s have beaten 3 of Classics' 15s teams.

What exactly do you mean by "equal"?

Sure they have more teams, but quality doesn't mean quantity all the time.

Just my opinion. But I know the Cincinnati Thunder 15s have beaten 3 of Classics' 15s teams.

Which 15's. I'll bet it wasn't the National or American teams. I'll agree quantity does not equal quality but when you look at the number of players moving on to college Cincy Classics has the place I looked at beat.

Which 15's. I'll bet it wasn't the National or American teams. I'll agree quantity does not equal quality but when you look at the number of players moving on to college Cincy Classics has the place I looked at beat.

Actually one of them WAS a National team. One was a regional team, and the third I'm not sure.

And Cincinnati Thunder is a first year club, so obviously Classics will have better statistics with colleges.

I'm just trying to say, if you're begging for a west-side club, don't discount them.

The 12s won their first tournament and the two 14s team finished 2 and 3rd in the same tournament.

I don't mean to disrespect you at all. I'm just trying to let people know that there are other options.

Good luck this year, and maybe you'll try Thunder next year? ;)

Actually one of them WAS a National team. One was a regional team, and the third I'm not sure.

And Cincinnati Thunder is a first year club, so obviously Classics will have better statistics with colleges.

I'm just trying to say, if you're begging for a west-side club, don't discount them.

The 12s won their first tournament and the two 14s team finished 2 and 3rd in the same tournament.

I don't mean to disrespect you at all. I'm just trying to let people know that there are other options.

Good luck this year, and maybe you'll try Thunder next year? ;)

There are other options yes. But when it comes to traveling from Colerain Twp. to get to a 5:30 practice that place is not one. By the way. The win they had over cinci classics was that in bracket or pool play? Which tournment was it? By the way my daughter does not play at Classics. She plays at CVA.

The more I think about this unless your the club director you wouldn't have a clue who beat who in a tourney. Regional and National teams do not play in the same tournments. Also Cincinnati Thunder only has one U-15 team listed so basically what you said is bull.

Last edited:
There are other options yes. But when it comes to traveling from Colerain Twp. to get to a 5:30 practice that place is not one. By the way. The win they had over cinci classics was that in bracket or pool play? Which tournment was it? By the way my daughter does not play at Classics. She plays at CVA.

The more I think about this unless your the club director you wouldn't have a clue who beat who in a tourney. Regional and National teams do not play in the same tournments. Also Cincinnati Thunder only has one U-15 team listed so basically what you said is bull.

You know I was trying to stay away from personal insults, but you didn't so I guess I will have to point out your inability to comprehend what you read. I said there were 2 14s teams, nowhere did I say 2 15s teams.

I am not the club director, but a friend of mine coaches the 15s at Thunder.

You also do not seem to understand club volleyball tournaments. At the tournament I was referring to there were National, American AND Regional teams playing because it was a 15U (the "U" stands for under) tournament, which means ANY 15s team can play, National, American, or Regional.

I know you said your daughter didn't play for Classics. I'm sorry if you thought I did. I'm sure if your daughter wanted to play for Thunder, the coaches would work with your schedule, as there are players who come from farther than Colerain to play for Thunder.

Lastly, the Thunder 15s beat the Classics National team in the gold bracket of a tournament in Kentucky.

Hope that answers your questions, and maybe you learned a little bit about club volleyball as well.

Good luck to you, your daughter and CVA this season.

You know I was trying to stay away from personal insults, but you didn't so I guess I will have to point out your inability to comprehend what you read. I said there were 2 14s teams, nowhere did I say 2 15s teams.

I am not the club director, but a friend of mine coaches the 15s at Thunder.

You also do not seem to understand club volleyball tournaments. At the tournament I was referring to there were National, American AND Regional teams playing because it was a 15U (the "U" stands for under) tournament, which means ANY 15s team can play, National, American, or Regional.

I know you said your daughter didn't play for Classics. I'm sorry if you thought I did. I'm sure if your daughter wanted to play for Thunder, the coaches would work with your schedule, as there are players who come from farther than Colerain to play for Thunder.

Lastly, the Thunder 15s beat the Classics National team in the gold bracket of a tournament in Kentucky.

Hope that answers your questions, and maybe you learned a little bit about club volleyball as well.

Good luck to you, your daughter and CVA this season.

Got news for ya. Regional teams do not play in National Tournys because of the cost involved. Alot of girls play at the regional level because of the travel involved and the parents do not want it. Cinci Thunder has one 15s team. That mean they played three teams from Cinci Classics, one of which was a regional team. Got news for ya. It didn't happen. The only teams that play up are 10U National, 11U National, and 12U National teams. These teams are far and few between. Thats because they do not have National or American tourneys for those age brackets and then they typically play in the 13U regional tournys. Now let me give you a piece of advice. Go out and get a daughter and live thru club volleyball. Until you do that, take that arrogant Price Hill attitude of yours somewhere else. I will never understand why some of you GCL posters think you know more and can always do everything better. You would think with that private school education you would be alittle brighter than that.

Got news for ya. Regional teams do not play in National Tournys because of the cost involved. Alot of girls play at the regional level because of the travel involved and the parents do not want it. Cinci Thunder has one 15s team. That mean they played three teams from Cinci Classics, one of which was a regional team. Got news for ya. It didn't happen. The only teams that play up are 10U National, 11U National, and 12U National teams. These teams are far and few between. Thats because they do not have National or American tourneys for those age brackets and then they typically play in the 13U regional tournys. Now let me give you a piece of advice. Go out and get a daughter and live thru club volleyball. Until you do that, take that arrogant Price Hill attitude of yours somewhere else. I will never understand why some of you GCL posters think you know more and can always do everything better. You would think with that private school education you would be alittle brighter than that.

"Got news for ya"-
Please see this link to see the OVR rules on what teams can play in what tournaments. If you notice in the 15U column, 15 National 15 American AND 15 Regional all have a green "Y", meaning all levels can play in a 15U tournament. It can, and does happen all the time. http://www.ovr.org/juniors/OVR_Girls_Divisions_of_Play.pdf

For your own good, please go out to OVR.org and learn the rules. It might benefit your daughter's volleyball career to be an informed parent.

You have quite the attitude yourself, again making this personal. I have been involved (playing AND coaching) with OVR and USA Volleyball for over 10 years, so I don't think that I need to "go out and get a daughter and live thru club volleyball."

I guess you have an inferiority complex since you don't live in Price Hill, which seems appropriate considering the intelligence you've shown here on Yappi.

And next time, before you insult someone's education try to make sure your grammar and spelling at least makes sense in your post. I will never understand why someone like you has to assume it is my private education that makes me think I'm right. Maybe next time you'll read what I said and realize that I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm just smart enough to not argue about something unless I actually know what I'm talking about.

ALTIORA!

We did just fine fielding grounders in the gym in the winter. This 24/7 select sports society is bad for the kids. Too many freaking games, too much travel, and you get arguments like the people above get into. Back in the 80's our CAA team in Groesbeck smoked teams from all over and we didnt play any games after the 4th of July.

We did just fine fielding grounders in the gym in the winter. This 24/7 select sports society is bad for the kids. Too many freaking games, too much travel, and you get arguments like the people above get into. Back in the 80's our CAA team in Groesbeck smoked teams from all over and we didnt play any games after the 4th of July.

Back in the 80s local recreational teams could compete with the average travel/select team... Not so today.... The reason more parents and kids are turning to select/travel teams or are looking for private instruction is for better instruction and better competition making the player stronger.....

Source, Falcon11 is correct in everything he stated. I don't see an "argument". Just one person trying to inform another. If aehuy can't look up the facts that's his problem. ----- "When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler." --- aehuy just keep hollering. Just my 2 cents. ;o)