Indoor Track Team

thepolster

I did not know Springfield has been running indoor track since last year. 50-60 kids are participating. This is great news! I heard a lot a good things about the track coach. It is very difficult to get kids to run indoor on a Saturday. Kudos to the Spartans!

I did not know Springfield has been running indoor track since last year. 50-60 kids are participating. This is great news! I heard a lot a good things about the track coach. It is very difficult to get kids to run indoor on a Saturday. Kudos to the Spartans!

Will they field a team this Spring? And if so, will these track clubs help their sports programs?

It help my son tremendously in 12". He went from a 7.60 in the 60 to a 7.05 and 11.07 to a 10.88 in the 100 at finals, 1 hundredth of a second from going to state. Funny thing is the top 5 runners from the Youngstown div 1 where the fastest in the state but being a regional final the only top 4 go. Something has to give the way they qualify for state finals. Northeast Ohio always produces the fastest runners and always kids get screwed from state because of the four regions.

The good thing about indoor anyone can run without a team. The bad thing was when he qualified for state you have to have a coach and a team recognized by the BOE and sanctioned which took forever to do... but he got it done on his own and ran the indoor state.

Buctel has a great indoor team with alot of support. I think all Akron publics combined could run the tables at state if they wanted to . State ends at Akrons Indoor facility , right in the backyard...