Indian Hill Top Coaching Candidates

1. Nate Mahon
2. Larry Cox
3. Arvie Crouch
4. Beauchamp (Lakota West OC)
1. Yea he likes to jump around, the money is good and will probably interview. But I doubt it.

2. He’s already the HC at Fairborn

3. Interesting quite the change from MH culture is polar opposite. I’ve heard the rumors but he is still HC.

4. This would be a good choice, but a step down from where he is currently. He’s a good coach and should hold for a better job.

There are a few other threads on the topic, sounds like a few internal candidates but it appears every avenue is being pursued and have reached out to high profile coaches for referrals. Do not know most of the names above, but Mount Healthy culture and IH is complete 180. Not sure that is the right fit.

1. Yea he likes to jump around, the money is good and will probably interview. But I doubt it.

2. He’s already the HC at Fairborn

3. Interesting quite the change from MH culture is polar opposite. I’ve heard the rumors but he is still HC.

4. This would be a good choice, but a step down from where he is currently. He’s a good coach and should hold for a better job.
Beauchamp would be a horrendous choice for IH

There are a few other threads on the topic, sounds like a few internal candidates but it appears every avenue is being pursued and have reached out to high profile coaches for referrals. Do not know most of the names above, but Mount Healthy culture and IH is complete 180. Not sure that is the right fit.

How so? I’m not familiar with either place…

Beauchamp would be a horrendous choice for IH
Good point-- what has Lakota West shown with its offense in the last couple of years that would make anyone say that he is an innovative or excellent offensive coordinator?

Good point-- what has Lakota West shown with its offense in the last couple of years that would make anyone say that he is an innovative or excellent offensive coordinator?
I've been a bit underwhelmed with what West has done on offense given their talent. A lot of games where they seemed slow out of the gate.

Reactions: 4GX
I've been a bit underwhelmed with what West has done on offense given their talent. A lot of games where they seemed slow out of the gate.
That's a nice way of putting it-- "a bit underwhelmed"... Lakota West has shown no ability to move the ball effectively or well against a good defense, in the last two years.

Top Extrenal Candidates: Mahon, Beauchamp, Crouch
Internal Candidates: OC, RB coach is IH grad
I think they are going to hire within
I don't think its any of the three mentioned externally.

Internally I could see the two interim coaches that are running things if they apply getting a strong look. They kicked it up a notch with parent communications and working with the AD to host a program explaining the recruiting process (which is something that I'm surprised hadn't happened).

Last edited:
The two interim coaches (OC/DC) both applied and I think there is at least one other internal candidate. Its unclear whether IH is looking for a complete new slate and if the OC/DC fit into the picture. I do not know either of them and cannot speak to their coaching ability.

The two interim coaches (OC/DC) both applied and I think there is at least one other internal candidate. Its unclear whether IH is looking for a complete new slate and if the OC/DC fit into the picture. I do not know either of them and cannot speak to their coaching ability.
The OC has been at a a couple of different schools. Before Indian Hill, he was at CHCA and Winton Woods (can’t remember the other schools his has been at) but is a very good football mind and he really holds kids accountable. Kids enjoy playing for him. Graduated from Wyoming High School.

By end of month. They should be narrowing the pool and conducting in person interviews these next couple of weeks and the plan is to introduce the new coach Feb. 1.

They are just starting interviews from their initial pool. Nothing has surfaced yet about what they've dwindled the list down to