Indian Hill Top Coaching Candidates

Great hire but I just wonder if it will be hard for him to deal with the adjustment of coaching the typical smaller school CHL athlete. He's used to the bigger schools with big numbers of players that are all in. Typical (not all) CHL players play multiple sports and sometimes are not totally invested in the program like Moeller etc. Will likely work out but just might be a shock for him at first.

Great hire but I just wonder if it will be hard for him to deal with the adjustment of coaching the typical smaller school CHL athlete. He's used to the bigger schools with big numbers of players that are all in. Typical (not all) CHL players play multiple sports and sometimes are not totally invested in the program like Moeller etc. Will likely work out but just might be a shock for him at first.
Good post!

I would think whoever they brought in was made aware of the demographics and how the kids play multiple sports. Knowing that I think he should be able to adjust accordingly

I am wondering how exactly this will work. Coach Rodenberg has quite a large personality to put it lightly. I am very intrigued to see how this will go at a small school like IH, his last small school, Roger Bacon, didn't go so well.

Get your popcorn ready. It's either going to be a complete trainwreck, or they are gonna be a well-oiled machine, regardless it's going to be wildly entertaining. I hope this works out well for the IH community.

Last edited:
Typical (not all) CHL players play multiple sports and sometimes are not totally invested in the program like Moeller etc. Will likely work out but just might be a shock for him at first.
On the other hand, he probably won't have school administration telling him no basketball players are allowed to play football.

Folks will say what they wish about Rodenberg but hasn’t he Won at almost every stop?
He'll be fine. The wheels weren't falling off. He will connect the programs from k-12 and create a long lasting culture. And as you pointed out Smarty he'll win as he's done. I think the big thing they want him to stop is the bleeding of athletes to bigger programs. In smaller schools like this losing a stud and a few role players can impact the program.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he is going to be bringing in a bunch of his former staff from Moeller.
He hasn’t been at Moeller for a 4 years- most of the staff that was there during his tenure that are still there are also teachers at Moeller so- unlikely.

Rodenberg coached at McNick (9-10 years) similar size and multi sport athletes. He has some idea what he’s getting into. In fact I believe his first game will be v the Rockets.

Last edited:
Had a big meet and greet for Coach Rodenberg and the community. Then he met with the players again. IH better strap in because its going to be a wild ride. Wyoming's days of league dominance are numbered.