Independency

Was hoping to hear about some programs around the state that have (or had) success without being in a conference. Also anything else good or bad about an independent program. Curious to maybe hear about the numbers in a program after they go independent, if programs have plummeted, stayed the same, or gotten better?
Thanks

The 3 long time independents that immediately come to mind for me are St. Ed, St. Iggy, and Massillon. All have been successful no matter how you judge success.

Steubenville has been Independent since the end of the old All-American Conference. They are technically in the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference but for all sports except football

Wasn't Massillon in the AAC as well along with McKinley and the Warren schools?

Yes.
The All American Conference: (1963-1979)
Alliance
Canton McKinley
Massillon Washington
Niles McKinley
Steubenville
Warren Harding

I gotta thing think the worst thing about being in the league is having to schedule. (Especially when you’re a good team) because it’s tough to find games late in the year when everyone else is playing their playoff games.

I gotta thing think the worst thing about being in the league is having to schedule. (Especially when you’re a good team) because it’s tough to find games late in the year when everyone else is playing their playoff games.
That’s when most gimme or out of state games are played

Yes.
The All American Conference: (1963-1979)
Alliance
Canton McKinley
Massillon Washington
Niles McKinley
Steubenville
Warren Harding
You could put Steubenville, Warren, Massillon, Fitch and Boardman in a football league and bring back some old AAC vibe.