I'm all about the nostalgia, Who was your favorite teacher in the Jackson School Dst

Jacksonian

I have to give one vote to Mr. Dick. Science teacher, but could do the O.R.T. dance at Camp Muskingum like no other.

Just ran into Steve Dick. the other day. He retired from announcing basketball/football games & teaching at the end of the 2007-2008 school year, but still does the baseball games.

As for my favorites:
JHS: Patty Crookston, Neil Garra, Dave Albrecht
JMMS: Mrs. Maxheimer, Anita Domer
Elementary: Gary Cahoon, Mrs. Shaul, Mrs. Estep

Just ran into Steve Dick. the other day. He retired from announcing basketball/football games & teaching at the end of the 2007-2008 school year, but still does the baseball games.

As for my favorites:
JHS: Patty Crookston, Neil Garra, Dave Albrecht
JMMS: Mrs. Maxheimer, Anita Domer
Elementary: Gary Cahoon, Mrs. Shaul, Mrs. Estep

Steve Dick did the announcing for two or three years and it was the most awful announcer in the county. He made my ears bleed. He was quite embarrassing to be honest. Jackson used to have a good announcer for the longest time.

As far as the best teachers go.....
Joe Herman, Mr. Mercer, Mr. Clark (English) those guys come to mind.

I only attended JHS, so my list is:

Mr. Clark
Ms. Bush
Mr. Herncane
Ms. Albrecht

I'll think of more later

jackson elem:
Miss Blaine
Sauder middle:
Mr. Maillot
Jackson Middle:
Mr. Snow
JHS:
Miss Whipple (sp?)
Mr Little
Mrs Cunion
Mr Helmick
Mr Paul
Mr D

jackson elem:
Miss Blaine
Sauder middle:
Mr. Maillot
Jackson Middle:
Mr. Snow
JHS:
Miss Whipple (sp?)
Mr Little
Mrs Cunion
Mr Helmick
Mr Paul
Mr D

Funny story about Snow - I was a little runt in my MS years, and found myself on the wrong end of a paddling by Snow. Because he was HUGE compared to me, I must have flown 5' through the air when the stick hit my bottom. Didn't sit down the rest of the day.

It'd be a different story now - I'm definitely not a runt anymore...lol.

And again - I love seeing the words "Jackson Elementary" and "Sauder Middle". For the under-40 crowd (well, technically 38/39 I suppose), Sauder was originally a junior high before it was an elementary school. The current JMMS housed an elementary school up front and the high school in the back before the new JHS was built in 1976.

Mr. Carpathios was awesome!!!
Mr. DeStefano and Mrs. Jennings were very inspirational. :)
I almost forgot..Mr. Herncane and Mr. McKee!

Amherst Elementary had some good ones in my day, Mrs.Lab, Mrs Peters,
Mrs Masucci, Mrs Stewart was a great principal. Those were good times and good days.

Lake Cable Elementary - Was Mr. Maillat there? He was fun but can't recall where he was. I think he was my 4th grade teacher.

Sauder Middle School - I think Mr. Frech with his little flip box was my favorite.

Junior High - I was in one of those communities and Mr. Snow and Miss Witte were my favorites, as well as Mr.Campbell.

JHS - Mrs Shedlarz, Mr. Herncane, Mr. Paul, Mrs Giglio, Mr. McKee, Mr D. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of my math teacher. Had him for prob/statistics and maybe calc (or pre-calc)?