Hudson 34 Walsh Jesuit 7

Clark, one of my favorite yapsters but Walsh had 8 in the box all night. There was really nothing else they could do
Good call Region. I was wrong in saying not committed to stopping it, rather just never altered their approach and figured out a solution. While the Hudson LBs were finding gaps and blitzing, Walsh was reading and reacting and getting pushed around. That Hudson O-line was something.

Dominant performance from Hudson. The Explorer OL manhandled the Walsh front and the blitz package from the Hudson defense was outstanding.

34-7 Hudson and that is an entirely fair score.

Called my 91 year old father (who lives in Hudson) to tell him the score and he didn't want to know.

He is going to watch the 10:30 pm replay on Hudson cable television instead. Haha

Last edited:
No, I didn't think it, I just anticipated the high schoolers chanting it.
I didnt think u thought that. I actually thought they were chanting it. I didnt get a chance to see thegame. Was Walsh that bad or was Hudson that good. Sound like they were manhandled.

I didnt think u thought that. I actually thought they were chanting it. I didnt get a chance to see thegame. Was Walsh that bad or was Hudson that good. Sound like they were manhandled.
Watching it was painful for Walsh. Hudson ran right thru Walsh defense. Had well over 400 yds rushing. Add self inflicted penalties and Walsh looked bad. Hand it to Hudson. Perfect game plan, well executed. Looked like no defensive adjustments after halftime by Walsh coaches.

Running by Hudson QB was what really killed Walsh D. 250 yards rushing for the QB? Couple long runs.
Hudson D was outstanding (again) as well.

How long was Alexander at Mentor? Gough was the D coordinator in '14 when Hudson played Mentor twice. There two lowest scoring games of the season for them that year. I never thought he'd get outschemed. Never has against that offense, proven by scoring output vs other opponents that season. Last year Walsh found one mismatch and exploited it to their credit. The corners didn't let that happen tonight. In addition they got an assist from the Hudson O who controlled the clock.

How long was Alexander at Mentor? Gough was the D coordinator in '14 when Hudson played Mentor twice. There two lowest scoring games of the season for them that year. I never thought he'd get outschemed. Never has against that offense, proven by scoring output vs other opponents that season. Last year Walsh found one mismatch and exploited it to their credit. The corners didn't let that happen tonight. In addition they got an assist from the Hudson O who controlled the clock.
He was there in 2014

Shoutout Brian and all the people that predicted a Hudson win. That front was impressive and gave WJ fits all night.

Great win for the Program and will be following the rest of the way.

Walsh was overrated yesterday, overrated today, and will be overrated tomorrow..........im sure that weak schedule prepped them well for this game. Great game Hudson!

Walsh better step up their recruiting of Hudson middle school football players.
It won’t happen. Hudson loses very few kids to private schools. It has become a football program. They have 185 kids playing youth football from grades 3-6, and 82 kids playing in 7th and 8th grade. Amazingly football has become an integral part of the school and actually the city.

It won’t happen. Hudson loses very few kids to private schools. It has become a football program. They have 185 kids playing youth football from grades 3-6, and 82 kids playing in 7th and 8th grade. Amazingly football has become an integral part of the school and actually the city.

Hudson has a very good school system. Unless you want your kid going to a private school, there is no reason to send him to Walsh, Hoban, or STVM to play football.

I would like to see these two teams play each other in the regular season. It is a short drive, both teams are D2, and as long as Walsh maintains their current standing I see the games being really competitive.

Hudson and Walsh also have a boys soccer regional semi on Wednesday
Watching it was painful for Walsh. Hudson ran right thru Walsh defense. Had well over 400 yds rushing. Add self inflicted penalties and Walsh looked bad. Hand it to Hudson. Perfect game plan, well executed. Looked like no defensive adjustments after halftime by Walsh coaches.
I’m not looking to pile on here, but I don’t get the no adjustments part. Walsh was being displaced off the LOS the entire game. They were already loaded up to stop the run. By the end they just wanted off the field.