Hubbard let go at Madison

Steve Poff took Madison to the playoffs twice, which the Mohawks had never done in 60 years. In five years, he had the most wins and highest winning percentage in school history. He had to quit being head coach because of personal reasons. Now that those things are taken care of, he wanted to come back. And Madison's superintendent and B.O.E. didn't call him back after a 2nd interview. Unbelievable.

Steve Poff took Madison to the playoffs twice, which the Mohawks had never done in 60 years. In five years, he had the most wins and highest winning percentage in school history. He had to quit being head coach because of personal reasons. Now that those things are taken care of, he wanted to come back. And Madison's superintendent and B.O.E. didn't call him back after a 2nd interview. Unbelievable.

Yeah, but lets be honest, Poff had two of the most talented teams in all the area. Many coaches were winning with that talent, regardless how good of a coach they were. As far as him quitting, rumors are that he was quitting because he was losing all that talent and knew he wouldn't win without it. Regardless, that school has been a mess for a long time and drama filled, including when Poff was there. I think its time for them to start over and hire someone not affiliated at all. They should get a new HC, AD, and Superintendent. Shoot, if you don't like the board, vote them out.

Poff did have two of the most talented teams ever at Madison, but he also went 7-3 and 8-2 when those guys were Freshmen and Sophomores. And when you mention rumors, that's exactly what they were. He did not quit because of the talent. If it was about talent, why would he want to coach again now? I agree the Super needs to go, when she came aboard, that's when things started going downhill. The AD is a great guy and the kids love him. And there really wasn't much drama when Poff was there excluding the occasional upset Mom. The drama really started when Davis was the head coach and the Super allowed two loud-mouthed parents have their way. The other parents saw that you get your way when you get loud and threaten coaches, so that's what they had this year. A competent Super would have shut down the chaos right off the bat, not encourage it.

If my man Oz says it's true, then you can take it as gospel. No one on here that I know of has more incite into the Madison program than he does. Madison needs to find someone who is in it for the long haul, I've said this for many years. Poff probably would have been that guy if he was ready for a second go round as head coach. Seems like a lot of turmoil surrounding the superintendent. I know a lot of people in the community have a negative view of her. Change might need to start there and then work it's way down.

You're going to question Poff's ethics? You don't know the man do you?
I have watched plenty of football/basketball and seen many come and go. I have heard all of the excuses as to why ‘winners’ decide to quit. Maybe I am wrong; maybe it was just a coincidence. Perhaps it was not due to a dearth of talent coming up at that time, into the extended future. Maybe.

Sounds like Madison got their guy. Hopefully those unreasonable moms in Mohawk land can keep it together so the guy can do work.

Madison will always have candidates. It's a district that has talent.
It's a shame the parents get too involved.

They had a lot of talent last year. Coach Hubbard could of done good things there had he been given the chance. I don't think it has everything to do with the parents though. I think it has a lot to do with culture also. That starts at a young age and I don't think Madison knows how to win. The years that Poff took them to the playoffs, they really under performed for the amount of talent that was on the team. What did they have, 3 or 4 defensive lineman go division one in college?

They had a lot of talent last year. Coach Hubbard could of done good things there had he been given the chance. I don't think it has everything to do with the parents though. I think it has a lot to do with culture also. That starts at a young age and I don't think Madison knows how to win. The years that Poff took them to the playoffs, they really under performed for the amount of talent that was on the team. What did they have, 3 or 4 defensive lineman go division one in college?
I believe they had one go DI (FCS) school and another that went to an NAIA school, hardly 3 or 4 DI players. Not sure how they under performed other than maybe some questionable play calling in close games. Madison had never been to the playoffs prior to those years and made it to regionals twice. At that point everybody is good and anybody can win. Hubbard had a lot of success at New Miami but he also had one of the most talented groups in school history and had a much easier schedule than many of his predecessors.

I believe they had one go DI (FCS) school and another that went to an NAIA school, hardly 3 or 4 DI players. Not sure how they under performed other than maybe some questionable play calling in close games. Madison had never been to the playoffs prior to those years and made it to regionals twice. At that point everybody is good and anybody can win. Hubbard had a lot of success at New Miami but he also had one of the most talented groups in school history and had a much easier schedule than many of his predecessors.
The classes at New Miami were the most talented classes to ever go through New Miami. That is fact. The classes that went through Madison with Poff were by far the most talented in school history, as well. That is fact. Both coaches were blessed with great talent.