Hubbard Eagles 2021

If Malito is the QB then there would be no one to throw to. I don't see it happening, not in Cochrans offense.
I agree, Is the kid last year back? I honestly don’t think he was the answer either, made a lot of very questionable throws often

If Malito is the QB then there would be no one to throw to. I don't see it happening, not in Cochrans offense.
Zone read options all day with one of the best athletes in the conference will provide a damn good offense, in my opinion. He can be a playmaker more from the QB position, than seeing the ball at wide out.

Last edited:
Zone read options all day with one of the best athletes in the conference will provide a damn good offense, in my opinion. He can be a playmaker more from the QB position, than seeing the ball at wide out.
It actually doesn’t. Look at Struthers last year. Kid got hurt pretty early in the season because of the entire offense being him and only him. Granted struthers didn’t have any semblance of an oline

It actually doesn’t. Look at Struthers last year. Kid got hurt pretty early in the season because of the entire offense being him and only him. Granted struthers didn’t have any semblance of an oline
That was a very unfortunate situation for Struthers last year, with the kid getting hurt early. Also I know he did not have a good oline to do him any favors. But on the other hand for Girard if they don't have a decent QB that can throw, Malito will not see the ball much at all, and he will be doubled all the time. I guess I might be a little bias with this, but if you have a decent line, I just like putting your most athletic kid QB, and run zone reads out of the spread, and mix other things in. I know it is quite popular today in high school football, but I still like it.

That was a very unfortunate situation for Struthers last year, with the kid getting hurt early. Also I know he did not have a good oline to do him any favors. But on the other hand for Girard if they don't have a decent QB that can throw, Malito will not see the ball much at all, and he will be doubled all the time. I guess I might be a little bias with this, but if you have a decent line, I just like putting your most athletic kid QB, and run zone reads out of the spread, and mix other things in. I know it is quite popular today in high school football, but I still like it.
The “most athletic kid” might actually be 8th grader, incoming freshman.... just saying.

I remember in the 2008 playoff game against Ravenna, the Eagles were leading 13-6 late in the 2nd quarter. Ravenna had the ball inside the Eagle 5 yard line and it looked like they would tie the game. Bellino intercepted a pass in the end zone and ran it back about 100 yards for a TD. Instead of a possible 13-13 tie the Eagles took a 19-6 lead and that pretty much ended the game. Eagles went on to win 40-12.

They lost the next week to eventual state champion Aurora 14-7 in Warren.

The cradle of coaches.

A lot of Hubbard guys went into coaching.

A few I can think of: Dan Kukura, Bill Driscoll, John Saccomen, Ron DeJulio, Tony Carsone, Rudy Hubbard, Herman Jackson, Richard Tate, Rich Buchenic, Jamie Polumbo, Bert Smelko, and many others.
and my midget league coaches John and Fred Battisti.