Hubbard 2022

sportster4321

Thought I would start a thread with the season officially wrapped. Proud of this year's seniors. They played hard ultimately finishing 10-2. Congratulations to TC Caffey being named Trumbull County POTY following a record breaking season. Caffey was also named on the All Ohio DIII first team as a running back. Goodrick and Chaney were named honorable mention as linemen.

Hubbard loses some key pieces but actually return quite a bit. Have to establish some kind of passing game next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see #15 in shot gun quite a bit next year as well.

The main reason I started this thread, i'm curious about the info Roberto has on "The Beautiful's" history.

Trivia:

Where did Hubbard play football games before the stadium was built?
Second block up between Grandview and Fifth which is now Viola Avenue, I do know that much. I got that information from a Hubbard history book which is a small paperback book.

Roberto has all the history.

Any news of the 2022 schedule? I heard that Hubbard picked up East Week 1 and Howland Week 3. Any idea on week 2?
Last I heard the AD was getting a lot of "no thank you's". He was looking up around Lake Erie and the Cleveland suburbs for week #2.

Word around town is Howland is long term.

Last edited:
HUBBARD
1 - (H) Youngstown East
3 - @ Warren Howland
4 - @ Poland Seminary
5 - (H) Struthers
6 - @ Jefferson Area
7 - (H) Cortland Lakeview
8 - @ Girard
9 - (H) Niles McKinley
10 - (H) South Range

I would love to see Canfield on the schedule in the future. With that said, next year Canfield is going to be a force. Up there with Chardon as a favorite in D3.

HUBBARD
1 - (H) Youngstown East
3 - @ Warren Howland
4 - @ Poland Seminary
5 - (H) Struthers
6 - @ Jefferson Area
8 - @ Girard
9 - (H) Niles McKinley
10 - (H) South Range
If Hubbard can get week #2 as a home game that would be 6 home games at The Beautiful again.

HUBBARD
1 - (H) Youngstown East
3 - @ Warren Howland
4 - @ Poland Seminary
5 - (H) Struthers
6 - @ Jefferson Area
8 - @ Girard
9 - (H) Niles McKinley
10 - (H) South Range
Is east long term? I’ve heard rumblings are growing bigger and bigger about Chaney being the only school with sports sooner then later

Is east long term? I’ve heard rumblings are growing bigger and bigger about Chaney being the only school with sports sooner then later
If I'm not mistaken from what I heard, East is a 2 year deal home/away. I would rather have had Chaney on Hubbard's schedule for week #1 but I'm not the AD making those decisions.

Last edited:
Maybe by senior year, but that’s a rough road to hoe. Shocked that he didn’t go D2, was told YSU only offered PWO as well
I thought his offers from YSU, Army, and Charlotte were full rides but perhaps you're right. Maybe they were pwo. If that's true about YSU they're absolutely insane and missed on a good one. Regardless Congratulations to Mr. Caffey on his commitment to Ohio State. Hope he makes the most of it. Definitely has the motor and will.

Being a PWO at OSU is a very steep hill to climb, I wish him luck. Army doesn't give PWOs, none of the service academies do, but Military school isn't everyone's cup of tea. I was under the impression that he had a scholarship offer from Charlotte but could be wrong. YSU not offering him is a joke and the reason they stink as bad as they do and will continue to do so. Not recruiting the best talent in the area just shows how terrible Phillips is.