How much time does the US Free Republic have?

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
This weekend a woman post a condition her 23 year old son was having asking for thoughts on what it was. I asked if he had the vaccine recently. Well as usual someone made a snarky comment about my question so I explained there have been adverse conditions from the vaccine and I post a link to VAERS.hhs.gov and https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

I’ve post it three times to see if I’m imagining it but either the original poster or Nextdoor.com kept deleting the post.
Freedom of speech is definitely under attack!

Last edited:

This weekend a woman post a condition her 23 year old son was having asking for thoughts on what it was. I asked if he had the vaccine recently. Well as usual someone made a snarky comment about my question so I explained there have been adverse conditions from the vaccine and I post a link to VAERS.hhs.gov and www.open VAERS.com/COVID-data

I’ve post it three times to see if I’m imagining it but either the original poster or Nextdoor.com kept deleting the post.
Prayers for having your post deleted. Hope you are now OK.

According to the CDC it is all rare...but it is all relative to the input and conditions.

One example would be that if you die or get sick within 14 days of the jab and test covid +......you died from covid and it had zero to do with the vax....Kind of crazy when the cycles of PCR testing is being dialed like a mad scientist with Tourette's.
Again junk science is ruling the day...everyone in the medical community knows all patients and conditions are the same for everyone and should be treated the same ... of course 13 days 23hours and 59 miniuts and 59 seconds are night and day from 14 days, it just works that way for all of us!

“Yawn”
So you find it boring or tiresome to see freedom being taken away? I’m not a fan of MSNBC or CNN but I don’t promote shutting them down. When they lie point it out but if they are just sharing information then so be it.
As far as VAERS is concerned it is a government website. Why block information showing that the vax can have serious side affects?
It should be about freedom of choice. Because you may not agree with the narrative you are acting like you are all for blocking information. I honestly don’t understand that way of looking at it. Let information be available and let the individual discern its value or impact on their own.

Be creative. You can express yourself if you really try.

And yet here on yappi we can't curse. This is because yappi can allow the speech he wants on here. And the reason the government can't mandate that we be allowed to curse on yappi is because of the first amendment.

I believe moedude was complaining about nextdoor, which can allow the speech it wants. The fact that he wants to link to a government website is irrelevant.

And yet here on yappi we can't curse. This is because yappi can allow the speech he wants on here. And the reason the government can't mandate that we be allowed to curse on yappi is because of the first amendment.

I believe moedude was complaining about nextdoor, which can allow the speech it wants. The fact that he wants to link to a government website is irrelevant.
I call bull dung on this. And still no perspective on freedom of speech being limited other than foul language on this site. So you are ok with shutting down the sharing of information?

This weekend a woman post a condition her 23 year old son was having asking for thoughts on what it was. I asked if he had the vaccine recently. Well as usual someone made a snarky comment about my question so I explained there have been adverse conditions from the vaccine and I post a link to VAERS.hhs.gov and www.open VAERS.com/COVID-data

I have a family member that as a young couple they decided to get Vacc'd and she was pregnant ...... their Baby is battling respiratory issues

Your freedom of speech is not being limited by the government, which the only entity your speech is protected from.
Are you sure about that? We already have seen how the Democrat Party used the IRS and FBI by the Obama administration. I find it interesting that the only people who've been shut down by social media are Conservatives or Trump supporters. Again I think folks who lean left are deliberately being quiet about the limitations on free speech because for now their speech is not being shut down.

I have a family member that as a young couple they decided to get Vacc'd and she was pregnant ...... their Baby is battling respiratory issues
And I have a family member that got vaccinated and she was pregnant and her baby is fine. There are also people who did not get vaccinated that will have babies that will have respiratory issues and some that will not.

No one wants to see any baby have any issues. It does happen though.

Not everything is 100%, but data is data.

Are you sure about that?
Yes.

We already have seen how the Democrat Party used the IRS and FBI by the Obama administration.
You are correct that these types of government actions should be scrutinized, however, this was a tax code issue, pertaining to potential political organizations attempting to wrongly classify themselves as social welfare organizations. While handled badly, it was not a speech issue.

I find it interesting that the only people who've been shut down by social media are Conservatives or Trump supporters.
Terms of service are subjective and will be applied subjectively. Still not a 1st amendment issue.

Again I think folks who lean left are deliberately being quiet about the limitations on free speech because for now their speech is not being shut down.
Currently, there are plenty of left leaners complaining that the government should outlaw covid misinformation, which is just as incorrect as what you are suggesting.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Which law did congress pass that applies in MoeDudes gripe?

Yes.

You are correct that these types of government actions should be scrutinized, however, this was a tax code issue, pertaining to potential political organizations attempting to wrongly classify themselves as social welfare organizations. While handled badly, it was not a speech issue.

So you did not find it the least bit strange or the least bit unusual that the only organizations being questioned were conservative ones? I know I did at the time and then when all of a sudden when what was happening was brought to the attention of the general public it was a accident, a little misunderstanding no body was picking just on conservative organizations. You got to be kidding. Right???

Currently, there are plenty of left leaners complaining that the government should outlaw covid misinformation, which is just as incorrect as what you are suggesting.
The government and media is shutting down and blocking any information that goes against their desire to force everyone to get vaccinated. True misinformation I can see a need to shut it down but that's not what is happening. Anything against masking and vaccinations is being targeted while misinformation about the vaccine itself is being covered up.

People are dying and suffering from this vaccination and that needs to be published as much as the other side. It should be a choice. You have nurses who've been working in ER around it the whole time and have not been infected and yet are being forced to vax or lose their job. That is wrong.

So you did not find it the least bit strange or the least bit unusual that the only organizations being questioned were conservative ones? I know I did at the time and then when all of a sudden when what was happening was brought to the attention of the general public it was a accident, a little misunderstanding no body was picking just on conservative organizations. You got to be kidding. Right???
It did not ONLY target conservative groups.

Republicans and Democrats on the subcommittee reached a split verdict, however. A dissenting report by Republicans noted that 83% of the groups being held up by the IRS were right-leaning.

Frankly, the IRS was dealing with a proliferation in 501(c)(4) applications because of Citizens United, as 501(c)(4) orgs don't have to disclose donors, which made them a haven for political dark money. Their primary purpose must be social welfare, not financing political campaigns.

Leaving it up to the IRS to determine the line between social welfare and politicking is a recipe for exactly what happened.

Of course, after the 2016 election, there was no longer any political hay to be made investigating this, so Congress gets to abdicate their jobs for a while longer.

Libs don't care about freedom; hel! they are afraid of freedom for God's sake. All they care about is centralized power.
Then stop trying to prohibit private business from making their own policies for safety of employees and customers. #freedom

How much time do we have...as far as 300+ million privately owned firearms and patriotic soldiers will take us.

The government and media is shutting down and blocking any information that goes against their desire to force everyone to get vaccinated. True misinformation I can see a need to shut it down but that's not what is happening. Anything against masking and vaccinations is being targeted while misinformation about the vaccine itself is being covered up.

People are dying and suffering from this vaccination and that needs to be published as much as the other side. It should be a choice. You have nurses who've been working in ER around it the whole time and have not been infected and yet are being forced to vax or lose their job. That is wrong.
The government is seizing computers or websites? Have I missed this?

The disclaimer from the initial link you described for openvaers...

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

Yet, the opening page on openvaers is this data simply presented as fact, with understated links to the disclaimer.

Also from the disclaimer

VAERS data available to the public include only the initial report data to VAERS. Updated data which contains data from medical records and corrections reported during follow up are used by the government for analysis. However, for numerous reasons including data consistency, these amended data are not available to the public.

The really cool thing is that it appears anyone can make a VAERS report, and having read a few of the full reports, it appears that lots of anyones have.

openvaers pulls their data from hhs.gov, so the government is publishing this data you say is being covered up.

Vax or lose your job... Ohio is an at will state, so you can be fired for any reason that is not illegal. Vaccine mandates are settled case law, having been around for 150+ years.