How High School Football benefits from Youth Football

bvolfan

Setting aside all the differences between the youth organizations in the OH community wouldn't it benefit the High School team's future if we all had some kind of set plays that the high school runs built into your play books?

Setting aside all the differences between the youth organizations in the OH community wouldn't it benefit the High School team's future if we all had some kind of set plays that the high school runs built into your play books?

I know when I coached every organization in OH was invited to a coaches clinics with coach Cummins and his staff. They went over both O and D. Not sure if the new coach continued it or not. Back then Oak Hills Little Highlanders and Delhi were both at them. The offense that OH uses is good for the older ages but the younger ages can only use the mesh so much because of how difficult it is to execute. Not sure if OH even runs the mesh anymore. It was worth it but then when the kids got to the middle school back then they didn't run it. If you do start this you need to make sure the middle school is on the same page as the youth and the high school. Good luck.

P.S. GO LITTLE HIGHLANDERS!!!!!!!!!

I know when I coached every organization in OH was invited to a coaches clinics with coach Cummins and his staff. They went over both O and D. Not sure if the new coach continued it or not. Back then Oak Hills Little Highlanders and Delhi were both at them. The offense that OH uses is good for the older ages but the younger ages can only use the mesh so much because of how difficult it is to execute. Not sure if OH even runs the mesh anymore. It was worth it but then when the kids got to the middle school back then they didn't run it. If you do start this you need to make sure the middle school is on the same page as the youth and the high school. Good luck.

P.S. GO LITTLE HIGHLANDERS!!!!!!!!!

This is true, Something should be set up with the youth through the high school including the middle schools that have a basic set of plays so by the time they play Varsity it comes natural and they can run them with their eyes closed.
I did not go to school at Oak Hills and do not even have any kids that play sports for Oak Hills but I do coach for them. I coach because I love the sport of football. My heart is fully 100% the OH community and making the athletics the best they can be. I sit in the stands at the high school games and listen to the ole' timers talk about "nothing has changed" or "here we go again" well its time for that change.