Hoover District

144 - DiFazio beats Geckler in OT, second period rideout was key, as that countered the first period takedown from Geckler. Petite 8-5 over DiFazio second round. Go-to wise, we're looking at DiFazio v Humphrys in a sectional final rematch, Humphrys won by one there, with Geckler v Bizjak the likely other go-to.
They actually didn’t wrestle last week. DiFazio lost to Aurora in the semi finals, so I believe this would be their first matchup. If it gets to that point I’d expect a low scoring battle for sure.

The biggest story line of this district has to be Siebert from MP. Wrestling backup 106 the entire season and then bumping up and winning the Hoover District at 120. VERY surprised that McBurney consistently won wrestle offs. On a side note, I know the Wadsworth 106 tweaked his knee in his semi but what about the other Wadsworth defaults?

The biggest story line of this district has to be Siebert from MP. Wrestling backup 106 the entire season and then bumping up and winning the Hoover District at 120. VERY surprised that McBurney consistently won wrestle offs. On a side note, I know the Wadsworth 106 tweaked his knee in his semi but what about the other Wadsworth defaults?
Giltz was beating Keirn 4-0 before keirn defaulted… Geckler was winning 4-1 before a leg injury

Why would anyone be anything but nice?
I never heard the phrase and it still makes no sense to me.

Pretty common phrase, Jim. I think that is why people are surprised that you're asking. In anything to do with brackets, it just means the outcome is going to be pretty much as expected by seeds or whatever criteria one sets for the most likely outcome.

Why would anyone be anything but nice?
I never heard the phrase and it still makes no sense to me.
Because when folks seem oblivious to common phrasing they tend to get picked on. I just stated I would be nice and answer your question. Seems you are struggling understanding both the chalk reference and ones attempt to just be straight with you.

Totally agree. He's a super talented kid, and I'll add that I didn't think he was particularly big 106lber last I saw him. Holy cow, what a room MP has for lightweights.

Totally agree. He's a super talented kid, and I'll add that I didn't think he was particularly big 106lber last I saw him. Holy cow, what a room MP has for lightweights.
Is this a situation where he can’t beat McBurney but would be the better wrestler vs the field at 106? Can’t imagine he would have this much success at 120 and not be a favorite at 106.

NO DOUBT in my mind that we're talking about the #2 team in the state of Ohio next season. The lightweights and Fockler may get all the press but when you look at the qualifiers they have at state this week, that will be back next year, it's impressive.

Is this a situation where he can’t beat McBurney but would be the better wrestler vs the field at 106? Can’t imagine he would have this much success at 120 and not be a favorite at 106.
Good point, when I saw the Wadsworth kid come within a hair of beating McBurney in the semis last weekend it's very, very, difficult to understand McBurney beating Seibert consistently in wrestle offs. I see nowhere on the schedule where Seibert was the varsity 106.

NO DOUBT in my mind that we're talking about the #2 team in the state of Ohio next season. The lightweights and Fockler may get all the press but when you look at the qualifiers they have at state this week, that will be back next year, it's impressive.
Add in Dulcie and Johnson, both were state qualifiers last year and had season ending injuries this season. Both will be back next year also

Look out for Wadsworth next year.... May surprise some people!!!

You're obviously more familiar with Wadsworth then I am. Could you give a way too early try at what their lineup might look like?
Can you fill me in on who is coming up to 9th grade to look out for? I have no doubt they will still be solid.

Look out for Wadsworth next year.... May surprise some people!!!
It always grinds me when a poster makes a statement like this when asked to follow up and give some supporting elements (like a possible lineup) on WHY they may surprise, the poster becomes completely MUTE, and goes back into hibernation. LOL!

Last edited:
My understanding is that all three Wadsworth wrestlers who defaulted their placement matches will be wrestling at the State Tournament, I'm also hearing none of them will be 100%. FWIW