Holy War Part 1?: St. Ignatius (4-1) vs. St. Edward (5-1)

Who wins?

• St. Edward by 20+

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • St. Edward by 13-19

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • St. Edward by 8-12

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • St. Edward by 1-7

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • St. Ignatius

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not the way you want to see a legendary coach go out in this rivalry. An Ignatius era is coming to a close and new one will begin. Can’t think of any era that rivals the Kyle era. Crazy run! Not an Ignatius fan but I have been watching them since the 90s with Kyle. Just going to be strange. Get the right coach and Ignatius will be back in a big way!

Meaning Saturday Ignatius Moeller......I am going, but fully expect to be out at half
I agree with that as well. I had it on my list back in July to go to that, but not now. More than likely that won't be a game at all. Like you said, you'll probably be out of there at by halftime. D1R1 needs Ed's, Ignatius, Mentor, and at least 2 more teams (Stow, Medina, McKinley, Brunswick, etc..) to be really good every year. That would make for so many more good games in the regular season and playoffs.

It's unfortunate that a number of schools that you used to count on for decent seasons have just fallen off. Strongsville, Solon, Warren Harding, Glenville dropping down, etc. Cleveland Heights is having a decent year but they have to be more consistent year to year. When you look at schools with big enrollments that should be at least above average year to year, the list gets longer. Northeast Ohio football is better when there is a mix of public schools trying to knock out Ed's and Ignatius in the playoffs.

The Ignatius announcers are so dejected and negative that it's amusing.
The broadcast is conspicuously not available on the Ignatius streaming page. I imagine it's not good for your health to be a sportscasting weenie, and have your stream-of-consciousness rants about your much larger classmates archived for posterity.

The broadcast is conspicuously not available on the Ignatius streaming page. I imagine it's not good for your health to be a sportscasting weenie, and have your stream-of-consciousness rants about your much larger classmates archived for posterity.
Ignatius always removes its streaming athletics video broadcasts pretty much immediately after a game. Football, basketball, soccer - same practice. They keep the links to audio broadcasts on the webpage. So, this was no different than any other game.

You make fun of those kids - several of those student broadcasters during the past 10-12 years have moved on to broadcasting careers on much bigger and more prominent stages than Mendoza or Angelo have, working for organizations such as the MLS, ESPNU, FOX Sports, the Big East digital Network, the Big Ten Network, the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Browns. Their SIBN experience has benefited these young men to a successful professional career.

Don't know why nobody is talking about the obvious academic level discrepancy. Hard enough in the 90s but academics got noticeably tougher 15 years ago......aligns with our decline in football. Didn't hurt hockey or soccer but football........

Ignatius always removes its streaming athletics video broadcasts pretty much immediately after a game. Football, basketball, soccer - same practice. They keep the links to audio broadcasts on the webpage. So, this was no different than any other game.

You make fun of those kids - several of those student broadcasters during the past 10-12 years have moved on to broadcasting careers on much bigger and more prominent stages than Mendoza or Angelo have, working for organizations such as the MLS, ESPNU, FOX Sports, the Big East digital Network, the Big Ten Network, the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Browns. Their SIBN experience has benefited these young men to a successful professional career.
Good kids. I enjoy their innocent insight. GBM

Saying Eds is doing nefarious things to win is lame and a loser mentality.

Get better Ignatius.

This isn't a closed enrollment public school. It's one of is not the largest all boys school in the state. The football program is where it is. Either get better or accept this reality, but please stop throwing mud at the arch rival. It's just stupid.

Good kids. I enjoy their innocent insight. GBM
Ditto. Both St I and St X kids are similar in their broadcasts. I have spoken with them before volleyball matches and basketball games. There is no way I would have had the confidence to do what they do when I was in high school.