Holdbacks

The best solution is you become ineligible to participate in sports after 12 years of schooling. You can still attend school but will not be able to partake in sports once your 12 years are up . This would eliminate the extra 7/8 grade hold back.
Really?? Ummm everyone will start their kids late in school then...whcih is EXACTLY the same physical advantage. Duh.

"has proposed a bill that will penalize students who repeat sixth, seventh or eighth grade despite being academically on track to advance." This!!
Because turning 19 March of your senior year after repeating 8th grade, somehow is different than turning 19 and starting kindergarten late genius? Just ridiculous. lol

Can we find one parent that held their child back and regrets it please ??
Probably not or rare indeed. Many of the most well known wrestlers who have started school late or repeated a grade were/are AGE GROUP PLACE WINERS OR CHAMPIONS, additionally many of them ( more than 1/2) continue to have successful high school, and more importantly COLLEGE careers should they choose. It is apparent MOST of the parents whining and crying are parents of wrestlers who really never were going to reach the AGE GROUP or high school success as those who were either started school late or repeated a grade who either had a wrestling father or exhibited elite talent and repeated in Junior High. Ignore them .....it's likely envy that motivates the tears, happens in other sports too or life in general.

My take on holdbacks is you can’t knock it! It seems to work for most that go that route, but me personally I never get the kid who gets held back who is a elite wrestler….. But I think ppl don’t give the kid Ty Wilson his credit who is a 2x state champ and is only 15!!!! That’s insane to me personally.

My take on holdbacks is you can’t knock it! It seems to work for most that go that route, but me personally I never get the kid who gets held back who is a elite wrestler….. But I think ppl don’t give the kid Ty Wilson his credit who is a 2x state champ and is only 15!!!! That’s insane to me personally.
Ty is a BEAST. And a good kid from a good family. He is going to be a junior next year, and he is younger than my dirtbag son who will be a freshman. Somehow they’re still friends. ??‍♂️

Ty is a BEAST. And a good kid from a good family. He is going to be a junior next year, and he is younger than my dirtbag son who will be a freshman. Somehow they’re still friends. ??‍♂️
exactly showing that some kids hit puberty and develop faster, Ty is a great wrestler and person