Hoban's Tim Tyrrell to the University of Akron?

Word I heard came from within the program that he was not ready to retire and was basically told to resign or be forced out. Issues with Admin. I do not want to elaborate more than that. His record speaks for itself.
Then why say anything if u don't want to elaborate.

Protecting my source
You don't have a source. That's what the issue is.

This is an anonymous forum where you make up a screen name, there's nothing to protect.

And if, that's a big if, there is an actual source and story, I promise you weren't the only one the source told.

You don't have a source. That's what the issue is.

This is an anonymous forum where you make up a screen name, there's nothing to protect.

And if, that's a big if, there is an actual source and story, I promise you weren't the only one the source told.
You are entitled to your opinion. And you would be wrong. I actually went to HS with coach as well as good friends with alumni and current players and parents close to the program. Coach is class guy who built W into one of the premier D3 programs in the country. It is an anonymous forum but I still try to respect the players and families who are still in the program. So kiss off.

Last edited:
Due tell.

Crazy success, updated the old Astro turf, helped get the indoor facility built. What politics?
I did tell, and you told me I didn't have the facts.

Edit: You didn't tell me I didn't have the facts. But the point remains. He was voluntold he no longer worked at Wittenberg and they saved face by letting him "retire".

Being reported that Moorehead will be announced Head Coach after PAC 12 Championship Game. If true congratulations to the Zips on a great hire

You linking to an article announcing a coach's retirement, where the coach isn't quoted proves my point. Joe Fincham was fired and they made it look nice and warm and fuzzy to not piss anyone off. And since he's a classy dude, he didn't torpedo that, because it helps the university.
So he's told at least 2 people that felt it necessary to put it on here. What happened. I hate the bull crap on here where people say they know stuff but won't give details. It's so juvenile. If you won't give us the details, why say anything?

I will go with the notion that he retired since nobody can provide any details or proof to the contrary.

So he's told at least 2 people that felt it necessary to put it on here. What happened. I hate the bull crap on here where people say they know stuff but won't give details. It's so juvenile. If you won't give us the details, why say anything?

I will go with the notion that he retired since nobody can provide any details or proof to the contrary.
What is juvenile about this? Wittenberg no longer wanted him to be their football coach and he isn't. I'm not sure what more you're looking for?

You linking to an article announcing a coach's retirement, where the coach isn't quoted proves my point. Joe Fincham was fired and they made it look nice and warm and fuzzy to not piss anyone off. And since he's a classy dude, he didn't torpedo that, because it helps the university.
Exactly right

I am sure that there is substance to the story that Joe Moorehead will be the new Akron HC.

Not sure who his offensive staff will be, but phone call number one would be to Gibson to see if he would entertain a return to the Zips.

Well, considering it wasn't my decision, I can't tell you the why.
If you know he was forced out, then you know the reason.

Anyways, I'm done with this dumb game. It's apparent you don't really know anything, so until you want to share details, don't bother trolling.

Morehead Fired at Miss State Jan 3rd 2020 after going 14–12 (3-9 Conf)
Overall he is 52–25
38–13 (11-1 Conf) at Fordham

If you know he was forced out, then you know the reason.

Anyways, I'm done with this dumb game. It's apparent you don't really know anything, so until you want to share details, don't bother trolling.
So it's completely inconceivable in your mind that Fincham could have been forced out, but doesn't comprehend why? Are you that dense?

Overall he is 52–25
On the field, Moorhead was 7-9 in the SEC. He had four wins vacated due to recruiting violations. From what I recall he never had the complete support from boosters with some not wanting another "yankee" from Pennsylvania being the coach. Afterall, you don't get recruiting violations in the SEC unless some big money donors wanted them to come to light.

FWIW, Mississippi State replaced him with Mike Leach, who has gone 11-12 in his first two years, including 0-2 against Ole Miss. Moorhead was 2-0 against them.

He was easily the best candidate they could have gotten regardless, but I think part of the reason they brought Arth in was to gain traction with the Catholic powers.

Moorhead being a PIttsburgh Central Catholic alum can't hurt in trying to keep those doors open.
Pittsburgh Central Catholic?

Is it too much to ask for Dan Marino v2.0 ????

I can show myself out.....

He was easily the best candidate they could have gotten regardless, but I think part of the reason they brought Arth in was to gain traction with the Catholic powers.

Moorhead being a PIttsburgh Central Catholic alum can't hurt in trying to keep those doors open.
He's better than the coach with the highest win percentage in college football history who spent most of his life in NE Ohio? Interesting.

Overall he is 52–25
The Zips have been so pitiful for so long that if he takes them to 3-9 in the MAC they'll build a statue of him outside of InfoCision...

He's better than the coach with the highest win percentage in college football history who spent most of his life in NE Ohio? Interesting.
Much better, has been an OC at two top25 major colleges Penn State and Oregon and a head coach in the SEC Mississippi State. Has recruiting ties all across the country