Hoban 35 Massillon 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nate Moore comments in the paper about how Massillon wins on culture, hard work, and essentially benefiting from his program are getting old. They are loaded....loaded with talent. They are bringing in players from all over Northeast Ohio each year. They have multiple D-1 athletes all over the field. Two years in a row they have been essentially embarrassed in the state finals. The private/public argument does not stick because Massillon is operating like a private school in football. The sophomore tailback was at beachwood last year? Just found that one out last night. He along with two other starting O-linemen "moved" into Massillon this year.
Plus one!! This type of recruiting has gone on forever at Massillon, coach Moore has really ramped up his efforts the last few years. If the program is following the proper mandates and bylaws for public schools I'm fine with it. Hopefully the transfers are living with legal parents or guardians in or around the school district. Still never an easy thing to mix recruits with home grown talent. We as fans might not be able to see it , but it can lead to dissension and adversity within a program. Personally feel that has been a problem for Massillon over the years. With a private school its different better player coming in plays period. McKinley won two state titles in 97& 98 both of them with Canton city boys!! Greatest feat ever by a stark county football program considering what they were up against

Didn't you just tell me on another thread that you went to and played for st ignatius???? Now you're claiming "our program" as in Massillon. Which one is it junior? I mean both teams recruit like hell but at least Iggy wins. I'd stick with them??

Never posted anything of the kind. Hoover wrote the book on recruiting. Hertler created an object lesson on housing recruits in his basement (2-time Mr. Football)!

Big Ed is a great poster, nothing in his post was inaccurate or trolling, get over it and get some thicker skin.

Jump on the bandwagon troll and wait till another team does what yours' can't. There's maybe two posters from Hoban posting about the game. The rest are following teams that can't beat Massillon. SO they take their cheap shots when they can.

Then we have the chief troll that's been waiting his chance to try and discredit Massillon team and tradition because they can't compete with the all-star teams. Moore has proven what he can do, on the field and I wouldn't bet against him make the parochial cry about "open enrollment" like public complain about parochials built-in advantage!

Massillon tradition and state titles are untouchable and no matter how you try to spin it, Massillon will be adding to them before ANYONE comes close to catching them

DB135, chill the out. Purple Hayes and Big Ed are 2 of the best. We can only WISH Stark County posters were as even-handed. You are WAY off base, trust me on this.

The OHSAA gave up trying because Massillon's booster club has a bigger budget than they do and can better afford to litigate.
Actually if you read what the OHSAA has to say on the matter it amounts to he said she said. I believe their words were along the line of if enough people complain they will take action. In the past when rogue boosters attempted to recruit players Massillon self-reported.

Actually if you read what the OHSAA has to say on the matter it amounts to he said she said. I believe their words were along the line of if enough people complain they will take action. In the past when rogue boosters attempted to recruit players Massillon self-reported.
After last night's beatdown, they should self-report again. Confess to the OHSAA you're not doing a good enough job

The Nate Moore comments in the paper about how Massillon wins on culture, hard work, and essentially benefiting from his program are getting old. They are loaded....loaded with talent. They are bringing in players from all over Northeast Ohio each year. They have multiple D-1 athletes all over the field. Two years in a row they have been essentially embarrassed in the state finals. The private/public argument does not stick because Massillon is operating like a private school in football. The sophomore tailback was at beachwood last year? Just found that one out last night. He along with two other starting O-linemen "moved" into Massillon this year.

Massillon is a very attractive community to raise your children in. Can’t really hold it against them so many people want to move there

Won't go as far as to say either recruit because players naturally want to transfer to A school where they think they have A chance to win and other parents love to send little Johnny to A school for free where they are supposed to be able to get A better education. It's the icing on the cake when that student is A really good football player.

Mass Hoban
FIRST DOWNS 8 16
Rushing 3 9
Passing 3 6
Penalty 2 1
YARDS RUSHING 32 180
Rushing Attempts 28 42
Average Per Rush 1.1 4.3
Rushing Touchdowns 0 1
Yards Gained Rushing 81 203
Yards Lost Rushing 49 23
NET YARDS PASSING 104 170
Completions-Attempts-Int 7-18-1 10-11-1
Average Per Attempt 5.8 15.5
Average Per Completion 14.9 17.0
Passing Touchdowns 1 4
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 136 350
Total offense plays 46 53
Average Gain Per Play 3.0 6.6
Fumbles: Number-Lost 2-1 1-0
Penalties: Number-Yards 5-60 8-85
PUNTS-YARDS 6-269 3-134
Average Yards Per Punt 44.8 44.7
Net Yards Per Punt 44.0 44.7
Inside 20 0 1
50+ Yards 1 1
Touchbacks 0 0
Fair catch 2 1
KICKOFFS-YARDS 2-114 5-286
Average Yards Per Kickoff 57.0 57.2
Net Yards Per Kickoff 37.0 40.2
Touchbacks 0 2
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 0-0-0 1-5-0
Average Per Return 0.0 5.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 3-45-0 2-40-0
Average Per Return 15.0 20.0
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 1-15-0 1-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 1-20-0
Possession Time 18:16 29:44
1st Quarter 2:02 9:58
2nd Quarter 6:54 5:06
3rd Quarter 5:52 6:08
4th Quarter 3:28 8:32
Third-Down Conversions 3 of 12 4 of 10
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 1 2 of 3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 1-1 3-3
Sacks By: Number-Yards 1-11 5-21
PAT Kicks 0-1 5-5
Field Goals 0-0 0-0

Massillon 38-4 THE LAST 3 YEARS.
ONE OF THOSE LOSSES WAS THIS YEAR TO EDS 24-23.
AND Massillon HAS A THREEPEAT DURING THAT TIME.
STATE RUNNERS UP -- NOT BAD.
LASALLE NOR HOBAN CAN SAY THRY'VE BEEN IN THE FINAL THE LAST THREE YEARS.
Massillon IS THE GREATEST PROGRAM IN HIGHSCHOOL HISTORY NATIONWIDE......CHECK THAT, WORLDWIDE....CHECK THAT, IN THE UNIVERSE.
AND IF Massillon RECUITS BETTER THAN ANYONE THEN.........KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS FOR BEING THE BEST, BEST, BEST, BEST, BEST.
TIG..........................................................................ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW.......I HAD HOBAN TO WIN BY 28...................BUT TIGER'S STILL A GREAT PROGRAM.
Hoban and La Salle have something Massillon doesn't. BEST IN MYTHICAL HISTORY......CHECK THAT

How many starters will both teams return for 2021? I know they both will get transfers/move in's, but who returns from starting this season?
Both are gonna look a lot different next year, both losing somewhere around 15-17 starters.

Jump on the bandwagon troll and wait till another team does what yours' can't. There's maybe two posters from Hoban posting about the game. The rest are following teams that can't beat Massillon. SO they take their cheap shots when they can.

Then we have the chief troll that's been waiting his chance to try and discredit Massillon team and tradition because they can't compete with the all-star teams. Moore has proven what he can do, on the field and I wouldn't bet against him make the parochial cry about "open enrollment" like public complain about parochials built-in advantage!

Massillon tradition and state titles are untouchable and no matter how you try to spin it, Massillon will be adding to them before ANYONE comes close to catching them

How do you catch up to zero? Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.