Hilliard Darby District Thoughts?

126- Cernus and O. Ayoub on the same side, WOW.

Okay #1 and #2 on top of bracket. #3,#4,#5 on bottom. Cerny vs Agin quarter is huge. I think winner of that to final, beating Spurgeon in bottom semi. That clears the way for Spurgeon to win bloodround and on to state. Other conso semi will be loser of Agin/Cerny vs loser of Cernus/Ayoub. One of those four not making it to state.

Okay #1 and #2 on top of bracket. #3,#4,#5 on bottom. Cerny vs Agin quarter is huge. I think winner of that to final, beating Spurgeon in bottom semi. That clears the way for Spurgeon to win bloodround and on to state. Other conso semi will be loser of Agin/Cerny vs loser of Cernus/Ayoub. One of those four not making it to state.
That's a really tough weight class

That's a really tough weight class

Yep
Borofan

Projected Champion: Omar Ayoub (Dublin Coffman) Sophomore – HD1
2. Brennen Cernus (Pickerington Central) Senior – HD2
10. Drake Cerny (Marion Harding) Senior – HD3
11. Aidan Agin (Lancaster) Senior – HD4
14. Colton Spurgeon (Mount Vernon) Senior – HD5

Last edited:
So what happened to Andrew Donahue? Wanted to watch his postseason.
Hurt his knee Friday at Ironman, continued wrestling that weekend, tweeking it again in consi then defaulted out...Came back for UA & Lancaster dual and tweeked it again during Lancaster match, was done after that...

Only thoughts are why do we still have it at darby? 2x last year was enough for my lifetime.

I know there is another school that would be willing to take it on, I think it is only a matter of time.

Darby runs it well and it is largely praised, so I cant imagine it switching any time soon. Imo, it is top notch - between spectating, competing, and coaching I have enjoyed every one. I only once have been to another district, and it was... not so great in regard to coaching, and hospitality. I think we are spoiled by Darby being the complete package, though.

All other districts have posted timeline for the event on baumspage . Has Darby posted information for the tournament anywhere ?

Rumor has it they doing same terrible set up as last year. No bleachers on bottom. Do they know thats dumb? Has anybody told them thats dumb? Or are the just dumb?

Rumor has it they doing same terrible set up as last year. No bleachers on bottom. Do they know thats dumb? Has anybody told them thats dumb? Or are the just dumb?

I think not having bleachers on the bottom will be an issue…I find it insane that they want to prevent kids from watching their teammates compete, absolutely INSANE…a year away from having no “fans” or teammates and the geniuses at Darby think it’s ok to do it again??? Why? What is the point? Have wrestling people run the tournament, kinda obvious this isn’t happening at HD…I also HATED having the aux gym pitch black so you can see the 1980 quality projector that was 9 mins behind….get TVs and put back there and leave the lights on…

Last edited:
Great news - when you host the D-I Central District, you can set it up how you’d like! Until then, living life as a complainer is not good for your soul. (Critiquing is different than complain; for critiquing offers and helps with a solution.)

See you soon, boss man!
ps: The Attack told me to get some Capuano’s in this week. I’m in!

1 - You really only made an account to complain. Noice. You could maybe offer a way to make the competition floor more friendly for competitors, still allow for 4 mats, and keep fans/spectators where they belong, while still having the floor bleachers out? As opposed to simply whining.

2 - This setup has been largely praised by those whom it matters most/directly applies to. Hence why (I assume) it is back.

Enjoy watching from the top. People on the floor have more important things to worry about and will be able to focus more, luckily.

1 - You really only made an account to complain. Noice. You could maybe offer a way to make the competition floor more friendly for competitors, still allow for 4 mats, and keep fans/spectators where they belong, while still having the floor bleachers out? As opposed to simply whining.

2 - This setup has been largely praised by those whom it matters most/directly applies to. Hence why (I assume) it is back.

Enjoy watching from the top. People on the floor have more important things to worry about and will be able to focus more, luckily.
It was praised during a Covid year with split sessions and limited attendance, that is not the case this year…they are encouraging kids to not support their teammates, how is that good? My solution would be to move it to a bigger venue, but since that isn’t an option, at least have adequate seating and don’t discourage a team atmosphere ?

Great news - when you host the D-I Central District, you can set it up how you’d like! Until then, living life as a complainer is not good for your soul. (Critiquing is different than complain; for critiquing offers and helps with a solution.)

See you soon, boss man!
ps: The Attack told me to get some Capuano’s in this week. I’m in!
I offered a simple solution, turn the lights on in the aux gym and have TVs like most places and get rid of the tailgate projector…again, the seating isn’t my worry, neither is telling kids not to watch their teammates, cuz that won’t happen

I sincerely doubt anyone is seeking to *discourage* anyone from attending. If you see those words somewhere please post a photo of it, and Im sure something will be done about it.

The limited attendance surely did play a factor in peoples perception, I will admit that 100%. Not sure what your point is with the split sessions though.

I am not in the know in any way aside form my direct involvement (not in the tournament setup/logistics...etc.) - the competition floor being solely a competition floor, and being restricted to just that is what was being praised, and based on that feedback it is returning this year. We will see how it plays out.

I am certain the tournament will take volunteers to help the event, and then your input might be a tad more valuable, and maybe will be taken into consideration. You could be 100% right in either case. We will see in a few days.